Spy Balloon

Should the Biden admin have shot down the wayward Chinese spy balloon currently traversing the US?

• Yes, spy balloons should NOT be allowed in US airspace.

Votes: 32 91.4%
  • No. (state your reason)

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
U2 spy plane flies at 70,000 feet yet wasw shot down by Russia during the Cuban missile crisis, was that an act of war?

For a while, it was considered to be an overt hostile action, and it caused quite an international incident. Some were trying to say that yes, it was an act of war. But, due to diplomacy talks and a lot of back room bargaining, it was contained to just an international incident.

You Can Now Receive Phone Calls from Xi Jinping – Thatsmags.com
Oh. OH!

Because not everyone is dumbshit like you...

Retired Col. Steve Ganyard, an ABC News contributor, said the balloon appeared to be a standard research vessel -- which would mean it was unpowered and drifted with the jet stream.
You believe ABC News? You're such a rebel. Lol.

Can't spell balloon, calls others idiots.

The same people who called Trump a dictator for taking a picture of himself
in front of a DC church and were in a panic livid because Trump made
a mark on a weather map then the storm chose not to follow it,
are now telling us its no big deal that the communist
chinese have a spy balloon of unknown intent
cruising just 11 miles over our top
military bases that Biden
refuses to do any
thing about
while
defending
China's
right
to do
so! :shok:

I am still waiting for someone to tell me what a "spy balloon" can do that a satellite can't do.

Well, considering that nuclear devices are quite heavy, and the maximum amount that a weather balloon can lift into high atmosphere is fairly small, I'm guessing that it's not a nuke or EMP weapon. Getting heavy stuff that high requires a lot more lift than what a balloon has.

And yeah, we do determine what is our airspace according to international treaties. Maybe that's one reason that the military said that we couldn't shoot it down.
That balloon can lift a 250-350lbs. Remember it's the size of three tractor trailers. Most of our pulse weapons are much smaller in weight than the instrument packs they carry are these days.

A 5kt device is not much bigger than a suitcase and that is all the yield you need if the right components are used. These things have been miniaturized since the 1980's and our explosives are much more powerful. This means it takes much less to trigger the reaction. There are even non-nuclear ways to do it as well. These smaller devices are directed for smaller locations.

I am still waiting for someone to tell me what a "spy balloon" can do that a satellite can't do.
They both are used for spying but the balloon is a blatant act by China. Evidently you are not concerned about our security.

one thing is its closer so it can get more detailed info,, and it can also stay in one place or move using airflow at different altitudes,, a satellite cant,, and then theres the stuff we dont know that it can do,,

I sure would like to know why youre defending china spying on us??

one thing is its closer so it can get more detailed info,, and it can also stay in one place or move using airflow at different altitudes,, a satellite cant,, and then theres the stuff we dont know that it can do,,

I sure would like to know why youre defending china spying on us??
A balloon cannot stay in one place, fool. It is entirely hostage to the wind.

A satellite can read your license plate. So your "more detailed info" was pulled out of your ass.

As for "spying", I have seen ZERO evidence it is a "spy balloon".

Forum List

Back