Staging The Chemical Weapons Attack In Syria...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VLzvTktZPA&feature=youtu.be]Staging the Chemical Weapons Attack in Syria - YouTube[/ame]

Yea, yea, - excuses, excuses...
:mad:
War, weather, bureaucracy cause Syria to miss chemical weapons deadline
Tue Dec 31, 2013 - Security concerns and bureaucracy have caused President Bashar al-Assad's government to miss Tuesday's deadline for the removal of deadly toxins from Syria under an international effort to remove its chemical arsenal, the global chemical weapons agency said.
Bad weather and a complex multinational procurement effort for equipment have also delayed the operation, an official from the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons said. Syria agreed to abandon its chemical weapons by next June under a deal proposed by Russia and hashed out with the United States after an August 21 sarin gas attack that Western nations blamed on Assad's forces. Damascus agreed to transport the "most critical" chemicals, including around 20 tonnes of mustard nerve agent, out of the Mediterranean port of Latakia by December 31 to be safely destroyed abroad away from the war zone.

The Special Coordinator of the OPCW-UN Joint Mission, Sigrid Kaag, told Reuters in Damascus on Monday that the OPCW is "comfortable in the knowledge that all the work is about to be completed" but she did not say how long the delay will last. Kaag said on Sunday the deadline will not be met, citing technical delays, and she said on Monday there had been delays at customs without elaborating further. The Syrian government is responsible for the safe packaging, transport along roads to Latakia - including the main highway from the capital - and removal of chemical weapons.

Government forces took back control this month of the highway linking Damascus to the coast which is needed to transport the toxins. Rebel were ousted from three towns along the road but activists say convoys moving along it will remain vulnerable to rebel ambushes.

Kaag said the Syrian government has repeatedly voiced a number of security concerns. Damascus "needs to plan for any eventuality in the journey from different sites to Latakia and in Latakia itself," she said. "This is a very complex management exercise over and above the fact that it is a chemical weapons program that has to be destroyed at a time that a country is at war," she said. Despite the delay, Kaag said "progress is very strong" and there is "a clear determination by all parties to achieve success."

War, weather, bureaucracy cause Syria to miss chemical weapons deadline | Reuters

See also:

Anti-Assad monitoring group says Syrian death toll passes 130,000
31 Dec.`13 - The death toll in Syria's civil war has risen to at least 130,433, more than a third of them civilians on both sides of the conflict, but the real figure is probably much higher, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Tuesday.
The conflict in Syria began in March 2011 as peaceful protests against four decades of rule by President Bashar al-Assad's family, but turned into an armed insurgency whose sectarian dimensions have reverberated across the Middle East. The anti-Assad Observatory, based in Britain but with a network of sources across Syria, put the number of women and children killed in the conflict so far at 11,709. It said the death toll among rebels fighting the Assad government was at least 29,083.

Deaths among the Syrian armed forces and fighters supporting Assad were at least 52,290, including 262 fighters from the Lebanese Shi'ite group Hezbollah and 286 from other non-Syrian Shi'ite groups. Both Sunni and Shi'ite militants from the region have joined the fight on opposite sides. Many Sunni Muslim nations support the rebels, who are led by Syria's Sunni majority. Shi'ite Muslim states back Assad, who is from the minority Alawite sect, an offshoot of Shi'ism.

The Observatory said at least 17,000 people are being held in government prisons while more than 6,000 government supporters are in the custody of Islamist rebels. It said the actual number of people killed and imprisoned is likely to be at least 50,000 higher, but said it could not verify those cases because the identities of the victims were hidden or missing. The United Nations does not give regular casualty counts for Syria and has said for months that more than 100,000 have been killed.

Anti-Assad monitoring group says Syrian death toll passes 130,000

The Saudi's would never do such a thing!

Yeah, something's wrong. Assad had absolutely nothing to gain by using Chemical Weapons. However, our Government had quite a bit to gain.

You mean the weapons Assad admits he has?
Yeah, not turning out too well for the wookie-suiters.

How so? Assad has allowed UN Inspectors in. It's a non-issue now. The man had nothing to gain and everything to lose by using Chemical Weapons. That's why the story never added up. But regardless, the issue is dead. So what other reason will our Government come up with to drag us into another ridiculous War? Stay tuned i guess.

Yeah, something's wrong. Assad had absolutely nothing to gain by using Chemical Weapons. However, our Government had quite a bit to gain.

How so? Assad has allowed UN Inspectors in. It's a non-issue now. The man had nothing to gain and everything to lose by using Chemical Weapons. That's why the story never added up. But regardless, the issue is dead. So what other reason will our Government come up with to drag us into another ridiculous War? Stay tuned i guess.

His side was losing. So using chemweaps was a good move. It achieved all his goals: disheartened the opposition, solidifed backing from his patrons in Moscow, and made the U.S. a partner in his disarmament, effectively eliminating the U.S. as an opposition force and guaranteeing he stay.
Remember when Obama declared Assad had to go? Yeah, that isn't happening.

His side was losing. So using chemweaps was a good move. It achieved all his goals: disheartened the opposition, solidifed backing from his patrons in Moscow, and made the U.S. a partner in his disarmament, effectively eliminating the U.S. as an opposition force and guaranteeing he stay.

I'l have to disagree with your assessment. When the world's most powerful nations are threatening to annihilate you if you use Chemical Weapons, i don't see why Assad would take that risk. It just doesn't add up. In my assessment, the U.S. fudged it when they became obsessed with the Chemical Weapon issue. They truly believed it would be an automatic justification for entry into the War. But clearly, it didn't go as planned. Assad and Putin won the Chess Match instead.

Now the U.S. is left with no real justification for getting us involved with their Civil War. In fact, i'm very angry that we're still giving weapons and Tax Dollars to the 'Rebels.' That needs to end immediately. These groups are over-run with psycho Al Qaeda cretins. Our Government needs to pull the plug on all support.

I'l have to disagree with your assessment. When the world's most powerful nations are threatening to annihilate you if you use Chemical Weapons, i don't see why Assad would take that risk. It just doesn't add up. In my assessment, the U.S. fudged it when they became obsessed with the Chemical Weapon issue. They truly believed it would be an automatic justification for entry into the War. But clearly, it didn't go as planned. Assad and Putin won the Chess Match instead.

Now the U.S. is left with no real justification for getting us involved with their Civil War. In fact, i'm very angry that we're still giving weapons and Tax Dollars to the 'Rebels.' That needs to end immediately. These groups are over-run with psycho Al Qaeda cretins. Our Government needs to pull the plug on all support.
Who was threatening Syria with annhilation? Putin? Putin was supplying him. Only the U.S. drew a red line. And Assad bet correctly that Obama wouldnt follow through on that any more than he had with anything else. It was an easy bet. The Europeans would respond by calling for talks and UN condemnations. The U.S. would wimp out. Russia would send more stuff. China, who knows?

The U.S. has plenty of justification as the conflict is spreading to Lebanon and other places.

Who was threatening Syria with annhilation? Putin? Putin was supplying him. Only the U.S. drew a red line. And Assad bet correctly that Obama wouldnt follow through on that any more than he had with anything else. It was an easy bet. The Europeans would respond by calling for talks and UN condemnations. The U.S. would wimp out. Russia would send more stuff. China, who knows?

The U.S. has plenty of justification as the conflict is spreading to Lebanon and other places.

They went All-In on the Chemical Weapons issue. And they lost. Most People around the World just didn't buy it. Assad isn't a 'crazed madman.' He's actually quite the opposite. He's a well-educated intelligent man. The alternative to him is much uglier. We have no business getting involved in their Civil War. Now we need to end all funding and support for all rebel groups over there.

Last edited:
Yea, Assad would NEVER use chemic weapons.

Thats why he has them.
thats why hes no longer denying it.

Dingbat. Everything is a conspiracy to you, wtf is wrong with your paranoid brain? Leave the caffeine alone bud.

Does Syria own chemical weapons? - yes

That tells you theyre willing to use them.ok? Brilliant.

So when would someone who sought to posess such things, use such things?

Probably in a losing battle, yea? -yes

Versus - the u.s. risking being thrown out of the UN, retaliation from other Superpowers, etc.

Yes, makes more sense we staged it.

Yea, Assad would NEVER use chemic weapons.

Thats why he has them.
thats why hes no longer denying it.

Dingbat. Everything is a conspiracy to you, wtf is wrong with your paranoid brain? Leave the caffeine alone bud.

Gee, even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then. Good post.

Of course, if we wanted to on purpose stage another war, theyd choose the most see through tactic that even low i.q. mouth breathers like Paulitician would figure them out.

Yea, brilliant thinkin, gazz. Thumbs up.

[MENTION=20947]The Rabbi[/MENTION] i tried to rep you back but it wont work from my phone, sorry mayte ill catch ya one later.

I really want to hear more though. I hate conspiracy theorists that dive on EVERY SINGLE ONE.

tell us more how the US risked its reputation for all of human history, chemmed a bunch of innocent women and children in order to start a War that, BONKERS! they didnt even start.

And tell us why instead of just going to war, that Obama said he would......instead he pussed out and REQUESTED the negotiations/investigations go on first? Sounds like someone who pussed out of their word, and was not looking for a war but a way out by any means.

The evidence is MUCH better that Obama risked everything, Assad had weapons he didnt really ever intend on using (showpieces?), Obaka staged their usage to start a war that he didnt end up starting but had a hand in avoiding.

Fuck you eat, shrooms for breakfast?

Tell us more about how Assad is so smart and brilliant too.

The guy whos religion considers women to be third class human beings, the guy who resides over a Country in fucking SHAMBLES and one of the VERY few modern day nations to devolve into Civil war on HIS WATCH, the guy who arms terrorist groups so they can KILL brave young fellas & women from your home Country.

The guy who rocks a 1985 Tom Sellick mustache. How brilliant is that.

The guy who is prehistoric enough to harbor chemical weapons. The most heinous cowardly use of force.

Hes amazing. Right polly tissue?

Get the fuck off my internet.

Does Syria own chemical weapons? - yes

Do the CIA, Mossad, Saudi Arabia own chemical weapons? Yes.

That tells you that they re willing to use them.ok? Brilliant.

So when would someone who sought to posess such things, use such things?

Probably in a losing battle, yea? -yes

Versus - the u.s. risking being thrown out of the UN, retaliation from other Superpowers, etc.

Excuse me dingle berry. WHO would throw out the US? WHO pays 95% of the UN expenses.

STFU.

Forum List

Back