Stand your ground will protect shooter

Why a trial? The video clearly shows the guy assaulting the shooter. The guy had every right to properly ventilate the guy.

BS, the shooter had no reason to assault the woman. He is a wimp though, big man with a gun. Men who carry guns think they are tuff and really they are wimps.
Na, He had every right to shoot that motherfucker.
“Stand your ground” is a great thing...

No he didn't. Stand you ground is stupid, you don't go looking for a fight. You would not say that if the victim was white.
If memory serves me, isn't rustic native american?

Annnnnd there goes the race card.

You darn right its about race. I know whites like you , I see them all the time, I come from areas like that , the white man is so right all the time. My husband comes from a white area, those people are sick and many of them are freeloaders on welfare and the ACA and Medicaid.

I never seen so many fat white cows in the Texas church shooting, done by a white man. I mean they were all overweight and white.

You don't know me at all. YOU brought race into it not me. Stupid bitch sit down

Well it is about race. I see your posts. You are full of hate.

Really? YOU accusing anyone of hating is laughable.....really

Yes I really am.

Unfortunately for you it means little to me.

You're a consummate left loon....ill informed, hate filled, ignores facts and struts around thinking you're schooling people while they laugh at you

Why a trial? The video clearly shows the guy assaulting the shooter. The guy had every right to properly ventilate the guy.

BS, the shooter had no reason to assault the woman. He is a wimp though, big man with a gun. Men who carry guns think they are tuff and really they are wimps.

That I agree with he should have went into the store and said someone is parked in a handicapped parking place without the sticker or called the cops there was absolutely no sense in him taking the law into his own hands.
He didn't. He was assaulted with intent to kill by a younger and much physically stronger individual. The amount of force used was sufficient to hurl him backwards onto the concrete/asphalt of the parking lot in an uncontrolled fashion. Had he hit his head, it could have been fatal.

With intent to kill? That's one hell of a stretch.

There was clearly assault, but I don't see where the intent to kill comes from. That seems like something you are adding to the story.

Na, He had every right to shoot that motherfucker.
“Stand your ground” is a great thing...

No he didn't. Stand you ground is stupid, you don't go looking for a fight. You would not say that if the victim was white.

Annnnnd there goes the race card.

You darn right its about race. I know whites like you , I see them all the time, I come from areas like that , the white man is so right all the time. My husband comes from a white area, those people are sick and many of them are freeloaders on welfare and the ACA and Medicaid.

I never seen so many fat white cows in the Texas church shooting, done by a white man. I mean they were all overweight and white.

Maybe for sassy in particular this is about race, but you're doing an awful lot of generalizing of your own. I don't see anything in the video or the OP article which would make me think this incident had to do with race, and your posts are giving the impression you think it was. If you are just saying you think sassy's reaction is race-based, it's not completely clear.

To be clear, I'm not saying I think this is racial for sassy myself.

Well let's see the video does show the guy assaulting the shooter but the video also see's the guy back off when the shooter pulled a gun and at that point the guy with the gun did not have to shoot him because at that point no imminent danger for the shooter.

The shooter has a history with that store of harrasing other customers so we will see what happens.

What too many of you guys fail to understand is that when you get attacked like that, adrenaline changes your vision to tunnel vision, and closes down your ability to judge time....... If you have ever been in a car accident you would have some idea of this effect.

The guy on the ground may not have been able to tell the attacker took a step back, and he may not have been able to see he wasn't under threat.....from the ground, having impacted it violently, he may very well have seen the guy as a threat....

Sitting in front of a computer, watching a video that comes in from an angle about 50 feet away from the attack is no way to judge what actually happened.

The dead goon shouldn't have assaulted the guy.

This is known as a fatal mistake
No, it is NOT known as a fatal mistake. Thugs are used to assaulting people with no repercussions at all, that's why this guy thought he could just shove a man like that.

These kinds of assaults will continue unless more people stand their ground with a gun.

No, it is NOT known as a fatal mistake. Thugs are used to assaulting people with no repercussions at all, that's why this guy thought he could just shove a man like that.

These kinds of assaults will continue unless more people stand their ground with a gun.

This is the problem....we know nothing about the attacker... notice how we know nothing about the guy who physically assaulted a stranger over an argument over a parking space? We know about the victim...because everyone wants to crucify him...but to just walk up to a stranger, and shove them that hard, without batting an eye shows that that guy is likely used to violence.

Well let's see the video does show the guy assaulting the shooter but the video also see's the guy back off when the shooter pulled a gun and at that point the guy with the gun did not have to shoot him because at that point no imminent danger for the shooter.

The shooter has a history with that store of harrasing other customers so we will see what happens.

What too many of you guys fail to understand is that when you get attacked like that, adrenaline changes your vision to tunnel vision, and closes down your ability to judge time....... If you have ever been in a car accident you would have some idea of this effect.

The guy on the ground may not have been able to tell the attacker took a step back, and he may not have been able to see he wasn't under threat.....from the ground, having impacted it violently, he may very well have seen the guy as a threat....

Sitting in front of a computer, watching a video that comes in from an angle about 50 feet away from the attack is no way to judge what actually happened.

Ok Jon whatever you say even though the shooter started harassing his wife.

Ok Jon whatever you say even though the shooter started harassing his wife.

It doesn't matter that he was arguing with the wife...what matters in the law is who throws the first punch......and the attacker physically assaulted the other guy....

We have parking disputes over here. But because we dont have your crazy gun laws they seldom result in a body count.

If the victim had been british he would be sipping a cold one in his back garden now.

That's why we kicked your ass back in 1776
You were there....well, I knew you were old...but daaaaaaamn.

We as in the United States you insufferable troll.

Why do you bother? You constantly get your dentures kicked in.

Now get back to the topic....the justifiable air holing of a goon

This is the problem....we know nothing about the attacker... notice how we know nothing about the guy who physically assaulted a stranger over an argument over a parking space? We know about the victim...because everyone wants to crucify him...but to just walk up to a stranger, and shove them that hard, without batting an eye shows that that guy is likely used to violence.

Did he "just walk up to a stranger, and shove them that hard" or was it instigated?

I'm not speaking in legal terms, I'm just pointing out that your description makes it sound as if the guy walked up to a random stranger for no reason and shoved him to the ground. According to the story the shooter was arguing with the wife about where the car was parked. Who knows what might have been said? Describing the man as "likely used to violence" seems to be getting a lot more out of limited information than I can see.

Also, the article gives the names of the shooter and the man who was shot. It gives their races. It gives their ages and it says that the shooting victim was a father to 3 children. It gives the name and age of the girlfriend and the ages of the 3 children. It tells us that one of the children was named after his father. The article even describes where the couple met. I'm not sure where you get the idea that "we know nothing about the guy who physically assaulted a stranger over an argument." The article isn't overflowing with information, but there's some about all the main parties involved.

After seeing a better view of the assault I agree it was a justified shooting. Enough force was used in the initial assault to cause severe bodily injury or death. Also, looks the shooter fired at least twice.

Yes he got pushed backwards and fell on his arse after he was verbally assaulting the lady in the car, so loud that patrons were alarmed, and instead of getting back up as the guy was not attacking him , he shot him, and you say twice. Manslaughter.

After seeing a better view of the assault I agree it was a justified shooting. Enough force was used in the initial assault to cause severe bodily injury or death. Also, looks the shooter fired at least twice.

Yes he got pushed backwards and fell on his arse after he was verbally assaulting the lady in the car, so loud that patrons were alarmed, and instead of getting back up as the guy was not attacking him , he shot him, and you say twice. Manslaughter.

If the shooter had not had or drawn a firearm do you believe the assaulter would have ceased his attack?

Did he "just walk up to a stranger, and shove them that hard" or was it instigated?

I'm not speaking in legal terms, I'm just pointing out that your description makes it sound as if the guy walked up to a random stranger for no reason and shoved him to the ground. According to the story the shooter was arguing with the wife about where the car was parked. Who knows what might have been said? Describing the man as "likely used to violence" seems to be getting a lot more out of limited information than I can see.

Also, the article gives the names of the shooter and the man who was shot. It gives their races. It gives their ages and it says that the shooting victim was a father to 3 children. It gives the name and age of the girlfriend and the ages of the 3 children. It tells us that one of the children was named after his father. The article even describes where the couple met. I'm not sure where you get the idea that "we know nothing about the guy who physically assaulted a stranger over an argument." The article isn't overflowing with information, but there's some about all the main parties involved.

Do you know if the attacker has a criminal record? We have been told in story after story that the victim used to bitch about people parking in handicapped spots..

And watching the video, you see the first one to make physical contact is the attacker against the victim.... no matter what someone says in an argument, it is the guy who throws the first punch who is breaking the law....

Forum List

Back