Stand your ground will protect shooter

Na, He had every right to shoot that motherfucker.
“Stand your ground” is a great thing...

No he didn't. Stand you ground is stupid, you don't go looking for a fight. You would not say that if the victim was white.

Annnnnd there goes the race card.

You darn right its about race. I know whites like you , I see them all the time, I come from areas like that , the white man is so right all the time. My husband comes from a white area, those people are sick and many of them are freeloaders on welfare and the ACA and Medicaid.

I never seen so many fat white cows in the Texas church shooting, done by a white man. I mean they were all overweight and white.

You don't know me at all. YOU brought race into it not me. Stupid bitch sit down

Well it is about race. I see your posts. You are full of hate.

You talking into a mirror? Your posts show you are FULL of hate...so much, there's no room in your posts for truth.

He pushed the creep to get him away from his wife. You don’t push somebody you want to kill. Guess it’s legal to murder in FL.

But do you shove someone that hard to the ground you don't want to risk killing?

Yes. I doubt most people would even contemplate the possibility of a person dying from getting shoved.

The same would be true had it been a punch. If he had punched the shooter, I wouldn't assume that the idea of killing the shooter ever entered his mind. However, punching the shooter could both have knocked him down and led to his head hitting the concrete, and even just the punch itself could possibly lead to death. That doesn't mean it was the intent or even considered.

It's possible just yelling at the shooter could have triggered a heart attack and death, if we want to look at unlikely possibilities.

The idea that this shove was an intentional attempt to murder, or that the guy doing the shoving thought about the very slight possibility shoving the shooter could lead to his death, seems silly. How often do you think a person that shoves someone else, or throws a punch or kick, first thinks about what extremely rare outcomes might occur?

A well reasoned argument, one with which, on a certain purely philosophical level I agree. However, to be bluntly clear in offering for you a different one, allow me to expound from the point of view of one with a small degree of experience in physical altercation, 'foreknowledge' --which I admit--is not common in the thinking or foresight of most adult men facing the situation of giving or receiving such a shove. I have witnessed, first hand, an adult man whose sternum was split from receiving a similar push, and another man whose lung was punctured by a jab from a rigid thumb which initially broke the rib and drove a sharpened shard into said lung; even without such training, an unarmed adult man can be highly deadly--perhaps more so without application of honed hand-to-hand combat experience and the knowing well of his own strength.

We have no way of knowing what fear was coursing through the shooter's mind. Was the breath knocked out of him? Did he mistake that for severer injury? I absolutely wish the two men had not encountered one another that day. However, they did--and great tragedy was the result. No one "won" that day, and the untold victims of the meeting are the children who must now face life without a father. Nevertheless, I remain of the mind that the shooting was justified the moment the larger, younger, stronger man applied what we can agree was potentially lethal force to the shooter's body. Definitely a tragedy.

There are many possible details which could change my opinion one way or another. What was said, what injuries or perceived injuries may have occurred, the mental state of the shooter, I certainly am not firm in my opinion that this shooting should not have happened.

I only have the video and the very limited details in articles on the incident to go on. The shooter appeared quick to pull and fire his gun based on those alone.

I appreciate your thoughts and certainly agree with much of what you said. In particular, regardless of whether one considers the shooting justified or not, this situation was a tragedy.

Major lawsuit. Sue the county.

For what? Lmao
Civil lawsuit, it was a public area. He has no right to assault the woman. Or even to go near the car..

Hey, druggie, how was a woman assaulted? Not even she said she was assaulted. She said he was yelling at her for being in a handicapped spot. You're nuts.

It's possible to assault someone, legally speaking, without ever physically touching them. Depending on what the shooter said, it's entirely possible he could have been guilty of legal assault.

However, I agree that I have seen nothing to indicate that happened; no charge against the shooter, no quote from the woman, etc.

That I agree with he should have went into the store and said someone is parked in a handicapped parking place without the sticker or called the cops there was absolutely no sense in him taking the law into his own hands.
He was asking her to comply with the law, duh.

I guess that is assault to a liberal.

You darn right its about race. I know whites like you , I see them all the time, I come from areas like that , the white man is so right all the time. My husband comes from a white area, those people are sick and many of them are freeloaders on welfare and the ACA and Medicaid.

I never seen so many fat white cows in the Texas church shooting, done by a white man. I mean they were all overweight and white.

You don't know me at all. YOU brought race into it not me. Stupid bitch sit down

Really? YOU accusing anyone of hating is laughable.....really

Yes I really am.

Unfortunately for you it means little to me.

You're a consummate left loon....ill informed, hate filled, ignores facts and struts around thinking you're schooling people while they laugh at you
Speaking of laughing at....

That I agree with he should have went into the store and said someone is parked in a handicapped parking place without the sticker or called the cops there was absolutely no sense in him taking the law into his own hands.
He was asking her to comply with the law, duh.

Did he ask her anything? He could have just yelled at her. With no audio, it's pretty difficult to say.

Did he ask her anything? He could have just yelled at her. With no audio, it's pretty difficult to say.
Yeah, it *looks* to me like he is doing that gripe thing that some old farts start to use, like a geriatric chiuaua.

Nothing was done that justifies her BF shoving the dude to the ground. That *is* assault and at his age it could have proven fatal.

Another entitled negro thinking she can park wherever she wants,then has her negro bf assault a disabled person who then pumps a few holes into negro...win win win!

Really? YOU accusing anyone of hating is laughable.....really

Yes I really am.

Unfortunately for you it means little to me.

You're a consummate left loon....ill informed, hate filled, ignores facts and struts around thinking you're schooling people while they laugh at you

Oh I'm sure, it means little to you, the poorly educated is what Trump likes, and you are one of those. You are a wasp and you have no stinger left.

Why a trial? The video clearly shows the guy assaulting the shooter. The guy had every right to properly ventilate the guy.

BS, the shooter had no reason to assault the woman. He is a wimp though, big man with a gun. Men who carry guns think they are tuff and really they are wimps.

He did not assault her moron ,he did not touch her ,but I bet her lips were flapping every insult in the world.

Yeah, it *looks* to me like he is doing that gripe thing that some old farts start to use, like a geriatric chiuaua.

Nothing was done that justifies her BF shoving the dude to the ground. That *is* assault and at his age it could have proven fatal.

Florida is a shit state, they love their guns , never do background checks. Wonder if the shooter had a permit, we will never know, and I wonder if they had a sticker and forgot to put it on. We will probably never know.

Why a trial? The video clearly shows the guy assaulting the shooter. The guy had every right to properly ventilate the guy.

BS, the shooter had no reason to assault the woman. He is a wimp though, big man with a gun. Men who carry guns think they are tuff and really they are wimps.

He did not assault her moron ,he did not touch her ,but I bet her lips were flapping every insult in the world.

He was scaring the patrons and the man heard him in the store. He is a vigilante , pretend cop. the slime ball should be locked up and put away.

Nothing I've seen about this justifies it, but not knowing what anyone said, I have to reserve judgement. If the shooter had threatened the woman, that might justify the shove. :dunno:

No he didn't. Stand you ground is stupid, you don't go looking for a fight. You would not say that if the victim was white.

Yes I would, I just found out he was white...

A punk is a punk.....

Annnnnd there goes the race card.

You are an ignorant RACIST!

Forum List

Back