Starbucks Just Taught Outraged “Christians” A HUGE Lesson

Most Christians could care less about Starbucks. Overpriced, bitter coffee and infested with homos
I know I pay .95¢ for a cup at my locally owned convenient store, and it delicious.

I put a teaspoon full of freeze dried into microwave heated water------I will
try to calculate the cost------tomorrow
Yuck. At least use real coffee, you might as well just put the teaspoon on your tongue and walk out the door. Instant coffee is for baking with chocolate...

It is good for cooking.
I put instant espresso in my bbq rubs and sauces. Delicious.

You didn't do your job researching things yourself. To bad. You might have learned something.
780666.gif

I researched, I couldn't find any major organized religion upset of Starbucks cups.I know the one I am in doesn't care.

I've already provided you with a link to Faith Driven Consumers, who are encouraging people to buy Duncan Donuts instead of Starbuck's. That's called a boycott, or as this organization puts it, a "buycott."

Apparently Duncan Donuts is closer to Gawd, due to the snowflakes on the cup.

Evangelical group promotes Dunkin' Donuts 'Joy' cups, slams Starbucks' red design

You didn't do your job researching things yourself. To bad. You might have learned something.
780666.gif

I researched, I couldn't find any major organized religion upset of Starbucks cups.I know the one I am in doesn't care.

I've already provided you with a link to Faith Driven Consumers, who are encouraging people to buy Duncan Donuts instead of Starbuck's. That's called a boycott, or as this organization puts it, a "buycott."

Evangelical group promotes Dunkin' Donuts 'Joy' cups, slams Starbucks' red design

First off, they a not an organized religion, it is a consumer group. Second, they are not asking you to boycott Starbucks, they are promoting Dunkin because of the cup. Just as I promote my favorite products for various reasons.

I was at Starbucks this morning, my wife's favorite coffee, they aren't seeing any difference in business, complaints or kudos about the cup. It is just a cup that you throw away when you are done consuming their product. Now, I have a set of Portland, Oregon Starbuck mugs that sells for $100. I like those.

It is an Evangelical group.

RALEIGH, N.C. — A North Carolina religious consumer group is asking people to “buycott” — or buy — Dunkin’ Donuts coffee because their holiday cups are more “Christmas friendly” than Starbuck’s red cups.

Faith Driven Consumer, a North Carolina group that researches consumer habits of American Christians, said they approve of Dunkin’ Donuts’ holiday cup design. The cups, unveiled Wednesday, feature the word “Joy” surrounded in a green wreath. The group says they are much more festive and “Christmas-like” than Starbuck’s neutral red cups.

The group likes it so much that it’s encouraging consumers to buy Dunkin’ Donuts coffee instead, according to the Boston Globe.

“By creating cups that specifically message the Joy of the Christmas Season — in sharp contrast to Starbucks’ ‘blank canvas’ – Dunkin’ Donuts has specifically welcomed Faith Driven Consumers, and all Americans who love Christmas,” Chris Stone, founder of Faith Driven Consumer, said in a statement Wednesday.

It's a group not affiliated with any major religion.

Nice try though.

They ARE an Evangelical group. It doesn't matter that you think they are not a religious group, because they are.

According to him/her they are not a christian group/religion.

Some people just refuse to recognize facts. He is a master at it.

I look at facts, no major religion cares. You think they do, however you have no facts to back up your claim, otherwise you would.

Except for the Evangelicals...

Except they say they are a Christian group, and last I heard, Evangelical's do consider themselves to be Christian.

Most Christians could care less about Starbucks. Overpriced, bitter coffee and infested with homos
I know I pay .95¢ for a cup at my locally owned convenient store, and it delicious.

I put a teaspoon full of freeze dried into microwave heated water------I will
try to calculate the cost------tomorrow
Yuck. At least use real coffee, you might as well just put the teaspoon on your tongue and walk out the door. Instant coffee is for baking with chocolate...

It is good for cooking.
I put instant espresso in my bbq rubs and sauces. Delicious.

yes-----so I have read in the GOURMET sections-----but my instant expresso is like--------15 years old----------is it still ok? probably not

remember Christmas seals? little stamp like things ------how about them to fix up the naked red cups?

So, any figures on how many of these vets are given over 20 hours a week?
I notice there is a caveat in which they have total control over...
working over 20 hours a week.

And?

Who cares? I would say a free college education is pretty good compensation for only 20 hrs a week.

It is FANTASTIC where was this thing when me and my four were kids?----
my mom knocked herself out doing home typing at pennies an hour. SHE
coulda put us all thru college on 20 hrs??? sheeeeesh

First off, they a not an organized religion, it is a consumer group. Second, they are not asking you to boycott Starbucks, they are promoting Dunkin because of the cup. Just as I promote my favorite products for various reasons.

I was at Starbucks this morning, my wife's favorite coffee, they aren't seeing any difference in business, complaints or kudos about the cup. It is just a cup that you throw away when you are done consuming their product. Now, I have a set of Portland, Oregon Starbuck mugs that sells for $100. I like those.

RALEIGH, N.C. — A North Carolina religious consumer group is asking people to “buycott” — or buy — Dunkin’ Donuts coffee because their holiday cups are more “Christmas friendly” than Starbuck’s red cups.

Faith Driven Consumer, a North Carolina group that researches consumer habits of American Christians, said they approve of Dunkin’ Donuts’ holiday cup design. The cups, unveiled Wednesday, feature the word “Joy” surrounded in a green wreath. The group says they are much more festive and “Christmas-like” than Starbuck’s neutral red cups.

The group likes it so much that it’s encouraging consumers to buy Dunkin’ Donuts coffee instead, according to the Boston Globe.

“By creating cups that specifically message the Joy of the Christmas Season — in sharp contrast to Starbucks’ ‘blank canvas’ – Dunkin’ Donuts has specifically welcomed Faith Driven Consumers, and all Americans who love Christmas,” Chris Stone, founder of Faith Driven Consumer, said in a statement Wednesday.

Nice try though.

They ARE an Evangelical group. It doesn't matter that you think they are not a religious group, because they are.

And they aren't slamming Starbucks, just promoting Dunkin coffee. Saying that Starbucks design is plain and not festive is not slamming anyone. You have the vast majority of religious people not caring. Is not caring the big story? :dunno:

Nice try though.

And they aren't slamming Starbucks, just promoting Dunkin coffee. Saying that Starbucks design is plain and not festive is not slamming anyone. You have the vast majority of religious people not caring. Is not caring the big story? :dunno:

For someone not caring, you sure are spending a lot of time on this topic. It seems you care a lot about telling me how you don't care.

Nice try though.

Judas said----DON"T WASTE THE COFFEE MONEY------give it to the poor----or something like that

Nice try though.

For someone not caring, you sure are spending a lot of time on this topic. It seems you care a lot about telling me how you don't care.

Yeah, I dislike the media misrepresenting and driving non-stories.. I'm funny that way.

Starbucks is doing buy one get one free this weekend. :)

buy one what? they are forcing people to drink TWO of the poisonous brews?

-----they are trying to KILL OFF THE CHRISTIAN POPULATION-----
Christians world wide are out SHOPPING their brains out-----Starbucks
knows they will CRAVE CAFFEINE ------so those wicked "plain cups" ---
have decided to KILL THEM ALL WITH CAFFEINE OVERDOSE. This
atrocity is worse than the BUBONIC PLAGUE

Nice try though.

Yeah, I dislike the media misrepresenting and driving non-stories.. I'm funny that way.

Here's Breitbart misrepresenting. And they are now selling their own coffee cups.

breitbart-christmas-cup-front-back.jpg

Starbucks’ decision to rip all Christmas symbols off its coffee cups further alienated conservatives who were already fed up with the Seattle-based company’s liberal politics. However, in the wake of the Starbucks red cup controversy, which was first reported by Breitbart London’s Raheem Kassam, a new coffee tumbler stands to reignite the latest battle in the War on Christmas.

Starbucks Red Cup Controversy Sparks Politically Incorrect Christmas Spin-Off - Breitbart

War On Christmas: Starbucks Red Cups Are Emblematic Of The Christian Culture Cleansing Of The West

I asked Starbucks why, but they just sent me a “factsheet” with their latest flavours and a link to their website where they’ve talked about wanting “to usher in the holidays with a purity of design that welcomes all of our stories.”

IMG_5945“We’re embracing the simplicity and the quietness of it. It’s [a] more open way to usher in the holiday,” said their CEO.

You can see what’s going on here. More open? You mean, you’re trying not to “offend” anyone.

Frankly, the only thing that can redeem them from this whitewashing of Christmas is to print Bible verses on their cups next year.

Read more about the official War on Christmast @

War On Christmas: Starbucks Red Cups Are Emblematic Of The Christian Culture Cleansing Of The West

Forum List

Back