Starbucks Just Taught Outraged “Christians” A HUGE Lesson

Go ahead and boycott!

While delusional conservatives embark on a ridiculous boycott campaign against Starbucks over the coffeemaker’s decision to produce minimalist red “holiday” coffee cups instead of adorning them with traditional Christmas symbols, the company just turned the tables on them in a brilliant way. Not only does their response help America’s working veterans, it teaches outraged conservative “Christians” a powerful and meaningful lesson about the true meaning of Christmas.

Starbucks has just announced they will “now extend a 100% tuition-free four-year college benefit to the spouse or child of every U.S. veteran or active military reservist employed 20 or more hours a week.” It’s an amazing show of substantial support for our veterans, coming on the heels of news that the progressive coffee maker has made it halfway to their goal of hiring 10,000 veterans and spouses by 2018 – they’re up to 5,500 vets and their spouses hired so far. They will also be paying for up to 80 hours per year for service obligations of employees who are active duty or reservists in the U.S. Armed Forces or National Guard.

Article @ Starbucks Just Taught Outraged “Christians” A HUGE Lesson With A Brilliant Response

The coffe is overpriced to begin with. The people talk down to you. The frapricinos are something that McDonald's would serve up. How does anyone start a coffe shop at 3 dollars a cup. Mother of god!

That is a whole other issue worth discussing. It is amazing how we've came to this place where people are willing to spend several bucks for a damn cup of coffee. I think it's Boomer thing where they are too lazy to make it for themselves, or believe if a shop makes it for them it will taste far superior.

That is a whole other issue worth discussing. It is amazing how we've came to this place where people are willing to spend several bucks for a damn cup of coffee.

Isn't that what's known as "the free market"?

I think it's Boomer thing where they are too lazy to make it for themselves, or believe if a shop makes it for them it will taste far superior.

Be interesting to see some actual demographics. Except in airports, the majority of people I see going into Starbucks are 20- and 30-somethings. A lot of it's on-the-way-to work purchasing. Break-room coffee is usually abysmal.

Go ahead and boycott!

While delusional conservatives embark on a ridiculous boycott campaign against Starbucks over the coffeemaker’s decision to produce minimalist red “holiday” coffee cups instead of adorning them with traditional Christmas symbols, the company just turned the tables on them in a brilliant way. Not only does their response help America’s working veterans, it teaches outraged conservative “Christians” a powerful and meaningful lesson about the true meaning of Christmas.

Starbucks has just announced they will “now extend a 100% tuition-free four-year college benefit to the spouse or child of every U.S. veteran or active military reservist employed 20 or more hours a week.” It’s an amazing show of substantial support for our veterans, coming on the heels of news that the progressive coffee maker has made it halfway to their goal of hiring 10,000 veterans and spouses by 2018 – they’re up to 5,500 vets and their spouses hired so far. They will also be paying for up to 80 hours per year for service obligations of employees who are active duty or reservists in the U.S. Armed Forces or National Guard.

Article @ Starbucks Just Taught Outraged “Christians” A HUGE Lesson With A Brilliant Response

The coffe is overpriced to begin with. The people talk down to you. The frapricinos are something that McDonald's would serve up. How does anyone start a coffe shop at 3 dollars a cup. Mother of god!
Sooo..... you're ANTI- free market. Got it.

Most Christians could care less about Starbucks. Overpriced, bitter coffee and infested with homos

What's funny is how all the homos are celebrating Starbucks for angering a few Christians.....but would demand they be put out of business if they offended a few homos.
Gee....you figured us out. Red....and christmas itself are all part of our homo plan for America. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The homo plan for America is to have Obama rape it in the ass. Mission accomplished.

SuperDummy speaks...

Most Christians could care less about Starbucks. Overpriced, bitter coffee and infested with homos
I know I pay .95¢ for a cup at my locally owned convenient store, and it delicious.

I put a teaspoon full of freeze dried into microwave heated water------I will
try to calculate the cost------tomorrow
Thats what I do. Folgers Decaf is just fine...from my microwave to my mouth. Yum

I'm good with Folgers classic blend and coffee mate! :D

N_5000053200ALRG

Can anyone name the religious groups boycotting or calling for a boycott of Starbucks? I know Trump suggested it and a twitter guy wants one but no religious groups.

Most Christians seem not to care.

Go ahead and boycott!

Yeah, at a Community College of your choice...in-state, of course. Lol

Go ahead and boycott!

Yeah, at a Community College of your choice...in-state, of course. Lol

No. But DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK - YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING!

How do pictures of sleigh bells, reindeer, Santa etc. make the cup religious? I think the new red cups look awesome.

I was amused over the presentation of a design which was largely
SNOWFLAKES------as being symbolic of Christmas-----some of those
flake designs are ----sorta---six pointed stars-----is there a cryptic message?

You mean the fact that most snowflakes display six-fold radial symmetry?

How do pictures of sleigh bells, reindeer, Santa etc. make the cup religious? I think the new red cups look awesome.

I was amused over the presentation of a design which was largely
SNOWFLAKES------as being symbolic of Christmas-----some of those
flake designs are ----sorta---six pointed stars-----is there a cryptic message?

You mean the fact that most snowflakes display six-fold radial symmetry?

obviously------I am claiming no COSMIC meaning in that fact regarding water crystals

Personally, I don't care if Starbucks or any other company packages their product in a generic way.
There are much better reasons to boycott a company or industry.
If they want to stay away from Starbucks. Let them. Myself, I find their coffee a bit high for me but I have purchased their product many times.

Boycotting anyone is everyone's prerogative.

Which is your prerogative. That was easy.

First I wonder if Starbucks will raise their prices to help pay for this second if I need to stop somewhere and get coffee in the morning I stop at Dunkin Donuts so Starbucks can do as they please with their cups makes me no difference.
Yes it was because I think boycotts of business that is doing nothing wrong is silly just like I thought the left calling for boycotts of Chick-Fil-A a few years back was silly.
Yeah but it helps if your actually doing it for a legitimate reason. I for one don't see someone expressing an opinion you don't agree with or the color of coffee cups as a legitimate reason for a boycott. That said I will never try and stop people from making fools out of themselves over such trivial stuff that is there right.

This is a bit off topic, my post, but $10 for a cup of coffee, is a bit high. However, with that said, there are other things people pay an ungodly amount of money on. But that is another post.

Go ahead and boycott!

Guilt perhaps charging ten bucks for a cup of coffee? :)

Can anyone name the religious groups boycotting or calling for a boycott of Starbucks? I know Trump suggested it and a twitter guy wants one but no religious groups.

LMAO! Thank You. I was thinking the same thing. I'm Catholic and I didn't even know this was an "issue" until Liberals started whining about some Christians whining about the cup. I have yet to run into any Christians that could give a rat's ass, but I've run into several Liberals all upset about it.

Living in a hole? Try to search about it on the internet. Give your yourself and education.
One of the worst whiny babies has been billy orielly , possibly one of your mentors.

LMAO! Thank You. I was thinking the same thing. I'm Catholic and I didn't even know this was an "issue" until Liberals started whining about some Christians whining about the cup. I have yet to run into any Christians that could give a rat's ass, but I've run into several Liberals all upset about it.

So the initial action is immaterial, and only the reaction matters? That's odd.

It's only the GOP front-runner who's trying to appeal to the radical religious right, who's suggesting boycotting Starbuck's. And listen to the crowd boo at the thought of Starbuck's waging a war on Christmas. LOL!

Living in a hole? Try to search about it on the internet. Give your yourself and education.
One of the worst whiny babies has been billy orielly , possibly one of your mentors.

Please link all the religious groups that are upset. I only know a few that are mentioned on the internet, other than that, everyday people don't care.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

It's only the GOP front-runner who's trying to appeal to the radical religious right, who's suggesting boycotting Starbuck's. And listen to the crowd boo at the thought of Starbuck's waging a war on Christmas. LOL!

It's because Christians don't really care, it is a non-issue except for a couple high profile nuts.

Forum List

Back