Starbucks Just Taught Outraged “Christians” A HUGE Lesson

People like the "Screamer" only want low wages at places they shop so they get cheap goods.

It may be that using a MULTI PURPOSE red cup for Christmas is a money saving device that allows starbucks to keep its prices stable this year

kinda like MULTIculturalism.....?

No, kinda like cost savings. Nothing arcane about it.
so they go for cheap cups huh....?

Cups they can use all year round instead of having a back inventory of cups with Jesus Snowflakes on them taking up space until next year.

Never worked in retail, have you? Worked in any capacity where the term "cost savings" meant anything to you?

First, for one thing, Starbucks has offered a free college degree to any employees eligible to ASU online, since June of 2014. The only thing new is offering it to one vet's family member as well.
Now, it turns out ASU, Starbucks and Veterans Affairs teamed up together in this endeavor. The gi bill covers ASU.
And when Starbucks teamed up with the Feds a few years ago, suddenly they now have some stores on bases. Seems to me much of this is for show, while really offering only to pay for a spouse or child, as the gi bill already covered the vet, themselves. Now they are just offering to do for them as they have for other employees previously.
This seems to be a cash cow for ASU, Starbucks benefits by getting to place shops on base, and the feds (really us) are supporting most of it.
It is commendable they have hired 5500 vets, 2.7% of their total workforce. Is that exceptional, though, for such a large corporation?
I did. Can't seem to find any numbers. I did find the benefits only apply to getting their degree online from Arizona State University online program.
And there is this-
But 66% said candidates who obtained degrees online were not viewed as favorably as job applicants with traditional degrees. “HR managers are normally pretty conservative and a little bit cautious,” said Margaret Fiester, SHRM’s operations manager for the HR Knowledge Center.
Can an Online Degree Really Help You Get a Job?

So, any figures on how many of these vets are given over 20 hours a week?

Why don't you Google it? :)

What the fuck does that have anything to do with this topic?

Wow, Starbucks now has stores on military bases? Obviously Starbuck's is taking over our military, while Jade Helm takes over our Walmart stores! :cuckoo:

Wrong, the right wingers are all pissed off about this fake ass war on christmas. They bring it up and bring it up all the time. So it is a thorn in the side of the fake christians.

It may be that using a MULTI PURPOSE red cup for Christmas is a money saving device that allows starbucks to keep its prices stable this year

kinda like MULTIculturalism.....? ........which by the way is destroying our Judeo-Christian Enlightenment American culture.....

95% of America celebrates Christmas......why the hell won't Starbucks join in.....?

what does it cost to print Merry Christmas on a stupid cup....? are they that broke....?
Why the hell make such a big deal about something so inane?
i didn't start this inane thread.....but then it's the little things that count....

hmm....i could use a cup right now...

kinda like MULTIculturalism.....? ........which by the way is destroying our Judeo-Christian Enlightenment American culture.....

95% of America celebrates Christmas......why the hell won't Starbucks join in.....?

what does it cost to print Merry Christmas on a stupid cup....? are they that broke....?

Obviously, it is a war on Christmas. :cuckoo:

Starbucks headquarters is located in Seattle......you obviously don't know how leftist Seattle is....

And the plot thickens! lol

:cuckoo:

OMG I just looked at the Holiday Beans. They're selling them in a Red bags covered in Christmas decorations.

Those two timing bastards......

Boycott!!!!

Last edited:
Go ahead and boycott!

While delusional conservatives embark on a ridiculous boycott campaign against Starbucks over the coffeemaker’s decision to produce minimalist red “holiday” coffee cups instead of adorning them with traditional Christmas symbols, the company just turned the tables on them in a brilliant way. Not only does their response help America’s working veterans, it teaches outraged conservative “Christians” a powerful and meaningful lesson about the true meaning of Christmas.

Starbucks has just announced they will “now extend a 100% tuition-free four-year college benefit to the spouse or child of every U.S. veteran or active military reservist employed 20 or more hours a week.” It’s an amazing show of substantial support for our veterans, coming on the heels of news that the progressive coffee maker has made it halfway to their goal of hiring 10,000 veterans and spouses by 2018 – they’re up to 5,500 vets and their spouses hired so far. They will also be paying for up to 80 hours per year for service obligations of employees who are active duty or reservists in the U.S. Armed Forces or National Guard.

Article @ Starbucks Just Taught Outraged “Christians” A HUGE Lesson With A Brilliant Response
Anyone actually seen or heard any Christians complaining about this?

Look up. :)

Not getting caught up in any boycott. I drink a Starbucks Americana once every six months or so. I like Dutch Bros. mocha's, I have them a few times a month. My favorite is a local drive thru, they conduct charity events and promote the community I live in. I'd rather spend my money there than other places. Dutch Bros. also have many charity and community events.

I want to stick to those that stick to the community.

Go ahead and boycott!

While delusional conservatives embark on a ridiculous boycott campaign against Starbucks over the coffeemaker’s decision to produce minimalist red “holiday” coffee cups instead of adorning them with traditional Christmas symbols, the company just turned the tables on them in a brilliant way. Not only does their response help America’s working veterans, it teaches outraged conservative “Christians” a powerful and meaningful lesson about the true meaning of Christmas.

Starbucks has just announced they will “now extend a 100% tuition-free four-year college benefit to the spouse or child of every U.S. veteran or active military reservist employed 20 or more hours a week.” It’s an amazing show of substantial support for our veterans, coming on the heels of news that the progressive coffee maker has made it halfway to their goal of hiring 10,000 veterans and spouses by 2018 – they’re up to 5,500 vets and their spouses hired so far. They will also be paying for up to 80 hours per year for service obligations of employees who are active duty or reservists in the U.S. Armed Forces or National Guard.

Article @ Starbucks Just Taught Outraged “Christians” A HUGE Lesson With A Brilliant Response

So the answer is no. More faux outrage by the left. Goes with the shit swastika at Missou fantasy.

Starbucks headquarters is located in Seattle......you obviously don't know how leftist Seattle is....

A capitalist corporation originated in a leftist city? How could that possibly have happened?

And the plot thickens! lol

:cuckoo:

true.....they celebrate red holidays.....

Which is your prerogative. That was easy.

First I wonder if Starbucks will raise their prices to help pay for this second if I need to stop somewhere and get coffee in the morning I stop at Dunkin Donuts so Starbucks can do as they please with their cups makes me no difference.
Yes it was because I think boycotts of business that is doing nothing wrong is silly just like I thought the left calling for boycotts of Chick-Fil-A a few years back was silly.

Boycotting anyone is everyone's prerogative.

First I wonder if Starbucks will raise their prices to help pay for this second if I need to stop somewhere and get coffee in the morning I stop at Dunkin Donuts so Starbucks can do as they please with their cups makes me no difference.
Yes it was because I think boycotts of business that is doing nothing wrong is silly just like I thought the left calling for boycotts of Chick-Fil-A a few years back was silly.

Go ahead and boycott!

Guilt perhaps charging ten bucks for a cup of coffee? :)

Remember when Rubio got booed last night for saying we need to help families and extend child care so parents can work? That's the new "Christian".

Many Christians believe in firm gender roles for women. And there are two practical keys to actual women's rights:

1) Birth control
2) Child care

With these two factors in place actual, practical gender equality becomes far more real. As it frees women to compete, thrive, and excel.

Genius is a matter of numbers. And we double our odds of it by freeing up half our population to pursue their interests and talents. Its good business.

Its not, strictly speaking, good religion. As it weakens the gender roles that many Christians find so comforting.
Except that many so called Christians are against:

1) Birth control

They feel women who like to pleasure fuck are whores. Even if they are married and monogamous.
Catholics, dumba$$
In no way the same..
Liar, Rush isn't a Catholic.

Why Does Rush Limbaugh Get Away With Calling a Young Woman a 'Slut'?

Boycotting anyone is everyone's prerogative.

Yeah but it helps if your actually doing it for a legitimate reason. I for one don't see someone expressing an opinion you don't agree with or the color of coffee cups as a legitimate reason for a boycott. That said I will never try and stop people from making fools out of themselves over such trivial stuff that is there right.

Go ahead and boycott!

So the answer is no. More faux outrage by the left. Goes with the shit swastika at Missou fantasy.
How ironic! :lmao:

Go ahead and boycott!

Holly hell, they slam-dunked the ball, not into the net, but right into the faces of the fake-outrage-red-cups-aren't-official-Christmas-cups-and-therefore-voooomiiiitttttt.

The ball - Phoney Kristians
The kicker - Starbucks

From 65 yards and its good!!

And you know all about Seattle I suppose? I lived there for 13 years. Please tell me all about Seattle.

OMG I just looked at the Holiday Beans. They're selling them in a Red bags covered in Christmas decorations.

Boycott!!!!
Yep. I saw a bag of the special holiday blend the other day too. It's in a red bag. I didn't notice what decorations were on it. Don't worry about those things.

Boycott!!!!
Yep. I saw a bag of the special holiday blend the other day too. It's in a red bag. I didn't notice what decorations were on it. Don't worry about those things.

I cheated, I have a bag in my cupboard. I was just curious. It's still tasty.

Forum List

Back