🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Starbucks Red Holiday Cup Controversy Brews

While I am not a religious man, I have understood the complaints of some conservatives over the past few years of department stores and other business bending over to political correctness by saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. After all, it is the Christmas season that gives all of these retailers their end of year push so the way I look at it, don't bite the hand that feeds you. However, this year's "War on Christmas" has reached a new level of insanity.

The sight of red cups being handed out at Starbucks usually signifies the “most wonderful time of the year” is underway, but this year’s holiday season at Starbucks is already being marred by a red cup controversy.

While red cups of Starbucks past have featured holiday symbols like reindeer and ornaments, this year’s cup is plain.

When the cup was unveiled earlier this month, the coffee chain described it as having a, “two-toned ombré design, with a bright poppy color on top that shades into a darker cranberry below.”

“Starbucks has become a place of sanctuary during the holidays,” Jeffrey Fields, Starbucks vice president of design and content, said in a news release announcing the cup. “We’re embracing the simplicity and the quietness of it. It’s a more open way to usher in the holiday.”

Ever since the 2015 cup was released in U.S. and Canada stores Nov. 1, Starbucks customers have taken to the Internet to say they do not like the cup's “purity of design,” as Fields called it.

Joshua Feuerstein, who identifies himself as an “American evangelist, Internet and social media personality” on his website, posted a video on Facebook about the Starbucks cup that has been shared nearly 500,000 times.

In the video, the Arizona-based Feuerstein says he told baristas in a Starbucks that his name was Merry Christmas so they would write Merry Christmas on the red cup.

“I think in the age of political correctness we’ve become so open minded our brains have literally fallen out of our head,” Feuerstein says in the video. “I decided instead of simply boycotting, well why don’t we just start a movement.”

Starbucks Red Holiday Cup Controversy Brews

Joshua Feuerstein is the Christian extremists' version of Alex Jones. I would hope that most conservative Christians aren't buying into his nonsense. What do snowflakes and reindeer have to do with the birth of the Christ child anyway? I think sometimes westerners, particularly Americans, forget that Christmas is celebrated all over different parts of the world, many places where it's summer time in December. No snow, folks. It's got dick to do with the holiday. Their new cup design, however, is certainly indicative of the holiday. If you can't deal with that, well, don't go to Starbucks then.

As an agnostic I don't have a problem in general with people having their religious beliefs, but when Christians start whining about how atheists, agnostics, and others have a problem with them, well, look no further than asshats like Feuerstein to understand why.
Democrats, Liberals, and Atheists have gone around the constitution and outlawed Christianity in all it's forms through the use of political-correctness.
It's one of the reasons that Democrats are getting their asses handed to them in elections. It's an overreach that has gotten out of hand.

Thanks to the extremists in the Democrat Party, they are giving voters the reasons they needed to bounce their Godless asses out of public office.

And this is why Democrats are so hot on opening our borders and letting criminals out of prison.

So they can get them registered and voting Democrat.

This whole thing is getting ridiculous. I do understand why Christians boycotted Starbucks in 2007 after the messages on the cups saying God is a figment of their imagination and that heaven is overrated. Those messages were uncalled for. When people buy a cup of coffee, they don't need messages belittling their religion.

I sided with Starbucks over the gay marriage debate.

It's a gamble when any company decides to enter a debate on issues. Just ask Hobby Lobby, Chic-fil-a and the Duck Dynasty folks. I don't feel sorry for any of them when they turn customers off. They choose to take the risks and they will pay any consequences.

Starbucks is not special. They chose to put some anti-religious messages on their cups years ago and have had a rocky relationship with Christians ever since.

I think it's time for some Christians to just walk away from this and forget about Starbucks. I won't ever be a Starbucks customer because of the cheap shot they took years ago.

Last edited:
This whole thing is getting ridiculous. I do understand why Christians boycotted Starbucks in 2007 after the messages on the cups saying God is a figment of their imagination and that heaven is overrated. Those messages were uncalled for. When people buy a cup of coffee, they don't need messages belittling their religion.

I sided with Starbucks over the gay marriage debate.

It's a gamble when any company decides to enter a debate on issues. Just ask Hobby Lobby, Chic-fil-a and the Duck Dynasty folks. I don't fee sorry for any of them when they turn customers off. They choose to take the risks and they will pay any consequences.

Starbucks is not special. They chose to put some anti-religious messages on their cups years ago and have had a rocky relationship with Christians ever since.

I think it's time for some Christians to just walk away from this and forget about Starbucks. I won't ever be a Starbucks customer because of the cheap shot they took years ago.
They also put quotes from a stupid creationist on their cups. Are you Christian? If so, do you know lying is a sin?

Just like my last post, it obviously goes over your head.

That's ConCode for "I lack the skills to refute your statement, so I'll call you stupid."

Actually you're the one that is "stupid" if you cannot understand this simple point.
I don't think anyone cares what color the fucking cups are, or whether they're are dancing reindeer, or fat Santa's, or snowflakes or any other decorations on them.
It's when companies live in fear and are too afraid to stand up and say we are an American company, in America it's a long held tradition to celebrate Christmas, and we are proud to celebrate Christmas and we invite everyone to celebrate along with us !

That's the offensive part, in hiding they are telling the world they are embarrassed to embrace the holidays.

They are just like you, they are chicken-shit liberals afraid to greet someone with "Merry Christmas".

And by the way, this has nothing to do with religion. Everyone knows in America Christmas has evolved into a celebration that goes way beyond Christ, or Christianity, and we have plenty of secular Christmas decorations Starbucks could use, but they are too afraid to even go that far.
Exactly. Just like Thanksgiving and Easter have become secular holidays that the whole nation celebrates. Libs are brain damaged and need to whine and pick apart everything to create manufactured drama.

They live in fear. They are so afraid that someone might somehow get their feelings hurt, that it guides their entire thought structure.

Look at this past weeks events at Yale. You see in that story what happens when kids are raised and taught by liberal academia to believe they have a right to never be offended. You see in the video to that story how the young woman becomes completely unhinged when her professor disagrees with her.
She's had people her entire life nodding their heads like bobble heads every time she spoke. Once someone dared don a Halloween costume that she found "offensive" and her professor disagreed with her that the person should not have been allowed to wear it, she didn't have the skills or the experience to call on to argue her point without becoming a screaming lunatic.
This is where liberalism has brought us, and we now have companies like Starbucks and plenty of others afraid to simply celebrate in a traditional way.

They live in fear. They are so afraid that someone might somehow get their feelings hurt, that it guides their entire thought structure.

It sure does. Anyone who can't live without the Jesus Snowflakes must be afraid to leave the house. How do you cope?

Look at this past weeks events at Yale. You see in that story what happens when kids are raised and taught by liberal academia to believe they have a right to never be offended.

So what's the excuse of these Christian Martyrs who can't survive without their Jesus Snowflakes? Who's teaching them to be perpetually outraged?

That's ConCode for "I lack the skills to refute your statement, so I'll call you stupid."

Actually you're the one that is "stupid" if you cannot understand this simple point.
I don't think anyone cares what color the fucking cups are, or whether they're are dancing reindeer, or fat Santa's, or snowflakes or any other decorations on them.
It's when companies live in fear and are too afraid to stand up and say we are an American company, in America it's a long held tradition to celebrate Christmas, and we are proud to celebrate Christmas and we invite everyone to celebrate along with us !

That's the offensive part, in hiding they are telling the world they are embarrassed to embrace the holidays.

They are just like you, they are chicken-shit liberals afraid to greet someone with "Merry Christmas".

And by the way, this has nothing to do with religion. Everyone knows in America Christmas has evolved into a celebration that goes way beyond Christ, or Christianity, and we have plenty of secular Christmas decorations Starbucks could use, but they are too afraid to even go that far.
Exactly. Just like Thanksgiving and Easter have become secular holidays that the whole nation celebrates. Libs are brain damaged and need to whine and pick apart everything to create manufactured drama.

Look at this past weeks events at Yale. You see in that story what happens when kids are raised and taught by liberal academia to believe they have a right to never be offended. You see in the video to that story how the young woman becomes completely unhinged when her professor disagrees with her.
She's had people her entire life nodding their heads like bobble heads every time she spoke. Once someone dared don a Halloween costume that she found "offensive" and her professor disagreed with her that the person should not have been allowed to wear it, she didn't have the skills or the experience to call on to argue her point without becoming a screaming lunatic.
This is where liberalism has brought us, and we now have companies like Starbucks and plenty of others afraid to simply celebrate in a traditional way.
I laughed my ass off when that dumb bitch made a fool of herself nationally. She probably doesn't get it though. Most self absorbed spoiled brats don't. Her parents must be so proud.

As for Starbucks and their fake and self serving mission statement:

To inspire and nurture the human spirit.

Well...

Except that of their employees apparently .

I laughed my ass off when that dumb bitch made a fool of herself nationally. She probably doesn't get it though. Most self absorbed spoiled brats don't. Her parents must be so proud.

Well...

And after you've done so much to ensure those employees' welfare.

If you don't like Starbucks cups, don't drink their cofree. If you dont like Starbucks wages, don't work there

It sure does. Anyone who can't live without the Jesus Snowflakes must be afraid to leave the house. How do you cope?

Look at this past weeks events at Yale. You see in that story what happens when kids are raised and taught by liberal academia to believe they have a right to never be offended.

So what's the excuse of these Christian Martyrs who can't survive without their Jesus Snowflakes? Who's teaching them to be perpetually outraged?

Well first of all, you know very well I am referring to liberals.
Second, I'm not a Christian.

Lastly, even after explaining it to you, you still miss the point completely (insert "swing-and-a-miss" smiley here) .

Well...

And after you've done so much to ensure those employees' welfare.
Not my job. I'm not the CEO of Starbucks. But feel free to start a liberal protest on their door step in WA.

They also sell a special Christmas Blend in stores right now.

What is up with so many Christians lying?
It better have the right mix of reindeer and snowflakes...otherwise there'll be all sorts of trouble descend on Starbucks.

By the by, Christians seem to be quite selective of things painted red and their outrage.

Red cup, OUTRAGEOUS.

Red kettle, YAYYYYYY!

How cute that liberals need to draw on their own red cups to feel nurtured and validated.

Maybe Barney can come to their house and tuck them in at night too. :)

Notice no 'christmas' decorations on the kettle either but you know kristians, they are sooo persecuted. Its almost like they are being fed to the lions. lol

How cute that liberals need to draw on their own red cups to feel nurtured and validated.

Maybe Barney can come to their house and tuck them in at night too. :)

You have no values. Your whole schtick is 'us vs them'. So solly buckwheat, you and your clan fail again, and again, and again. ..

:cuckoo:

Wonder if Starbucks rewards their needy unnurtured customers with gold stars and a place of honor on the customer of the month bulletin board for the most inspired doodle.

Forum List

Back