Starliner Docking right now

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
The Starliner capsule, from Boeing, is now approaching the ISS. Not the most exciting of viewing, but I'm fascinated by this kind of shit.

The Starliner capsule, from Boeing, is now approaching the ISS. Not the most exciting of viewing, but I'm fascinated by this kind of shit.

Oh me too Darkwind. If I could have had the opportunity to be on the Starship Enterprise, I would jump at the chance. I was so disappointed when they ended the manned moon exploration and also the shuttle. I have been fascinated by the big space telescopes out there and hope I live long enough to see the next manned expedition. I want to know what's out there. Who is out there.

And I also appreciate how vulnerable we and all the free world will be if bad actors should be able to obtain space superiority and what havoc they could create for us if that should happen.

India, Russia and China have all successfully landed spacecraft on the moon. We can't afford to lose the edge we have there.

Oh me too Darkwind. If I could have had the opportunity to be on the Starship Enterprise, I would jump at the chance. I was so disappointed when they ended the manned moon exploration and also the shuttle. I have been fascinated by the big space telescopes out there and hope I live long enough to see the next manned expedition. I want to know what's out there. Who is out there.

And I also appreciate how vulnerable we and all the free world will be if bad actors should be able to obtain space superiority and what havoc they could create for us if that should happen.

India, Russia and China have all successfully landed spacecraft on the moon. We can't afford to lose the edge we have there.
I'm actually interested in their plans for a Moonbase. That, in my opinion, will be a requirement to get to Mars, regardless of what Musk thinks. So much is going to have to be preplanned and assets placed in specific spots on Mars, that it isn't likely to happen in My lifetime, and that is a shame as I'd love to see it.

I am taken by the fact that, for purposes of docking with the ISS, the Starliner flies autonomously.

It is my belief that humans need to prepare for life off of planet Earth. No. Not all of us. But it seems to me that as a species we greatly increase our chances of survival by spreading out.

The manned Mars missions can’t come far enough for me.

Meanwhile, every step along the path to someday heading out toward other stars is a magnificent achievement.

I'm actually interested in their plans for a Moonbase. That, in my opinion, will be a requirement to get to Mars, regardless of what Musk thinks. So much is going to have to be preplanned and assets placed in specific spots on Mars, that it isn't likely to happen in My lifetime, and that is a shame as I'd love to see it.
I don't know. I'm probably a lot older than you are, but at the rate technology is developing, they might make it before we die. :)

We enjoy the scientific presentations at the Museum of Natural History and science in the Dynamax theater here. Not long ago we watched one on advances in space technology and that included them showing how warp speeds could be obtained. We don't yet have the technology to do it, but it showed how it could be done. At warp one speed it would take us just 12-1/2 minutes to travel the 225 million kilometers (139.8 million miles) from Earth to Mars.

Last edited:

NA$A's Escapist Trekkie Circus in the Twinkling Void

I pity those who have no curiosity about what we don't know.
Dig Deeper. Don't Throw the Shovel at the Sky.

We've barely scratched the surface of Earth's abundant untapped resources. Because of the Zero Growth gurus who want us to gaze numbly and expensively in the other direction, we have neglected our manifest destiny to develop the fortune lying beneath our feet.

Forum List

Back