State Nullification on Gay Marriage!

No I showed a site that has all the polls and you immediately posted the ones run by the far left.. Once again showing that far left propaganda rules the day for you.

And I posted the most recent polls. All of which contradict you. Just as Gallup contradicts you.

You're literally ignoring your own sources. At what point do you stop being laughably, comically wrong about this issue?

bigrebnc1775 and PoliticalChic for years would post OPs the evidence for which would destroy their OPs

kosh is joining their club

"Marriage" is not in the Constitution, please post where it is in the document.

Please read the 9th amendment. A right need not be enumerated to be reserved by the people.

Try again.

Good gracious, this thread is a riot. How on Earth did I not see this earlier? :badgrin:

No I showed a site that has all the polls and you immediately posted the ones run by the far left.. Once again showing that far left propaganda rules the day for you.

And I posted the most recent polls. All of which contradict you. Just as Gallup contradicts you.

You're literally ignoring your own sources. At what point do you stop being laughably, comically wrong about this issue?

Nope you posted CBS (far left run) and Gallop (far left run) and you claim that they are my sources. Now that is rich..

So you choose two polls out of how many?

And the far left drone comes as usual with nothing really to add..

Trolling again?

Are you still saying that the 14th amendment doesn't include any equal protection provisions? Or is that just 'trolling'?

Nope you posted CBS (far left run) and Gallop (far left run) and you claim that they are my sources. Now that is rich..

I picked the most recent polls. Which you ignored. You have yet to cite a single poll in which your position is supported. And ignored every poll, from any source, that contradicts you.

So, um....how's that working out for you?

And the far left drone comes as usual with nothing really to add..

Trolling again?

Are you still saying that the 14th amendment doesn't include any equal protection provisions? Or is that just 'trolling'?

I never said it in the first place. You assumed that is what I said, I just say you are wrong and do not understand the Constitution.

I picked the most recent polls. Which you ignored. You have yet to cite a single poll in which your position is supported. And ignored every poll, from any source, that contradicts you.

So, um....how's that working out for you?

No you picked the most recent far left polls which you will not admit to being far left as you know it would defeat your whole stance.

Here's the bloomberg poll from your own source:

Bloomberg National Poll conducted by Selzer & Company. March 7-10, 2014. N=1,001 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 3.1.

"Do you support or oppose allowing same-sex couples to get married?"
Support: 55%
Oppose: 39%
Unsure 9%

Civil Rights

You're ignoring your own source again. Here's the Pew Research Poll:

"Do you strongly favor, favor, oppose or strongly oppose allowing gays and lesbians to marry legally?"
May 2008, June 2008, April 2009, August 2009, April 2012, June 2012: "... allowing gay and lesbian couples ..."

Favor 54%
Oppose 39%
Unsure 7%

Civil Rights

That's the first 6 polls on whether or not gay marriage should be legal. Every single one contradicts you.

And of course, anything that contradicts you ignore.

I've shown you 6 polls that contradict you, 4 from your own source. You've found 0 polls that support your claims.

And who says that Gallup is 'far left run'? Do you even know who owns Gallup? If no, then how can you possibly claim its 'far left run'?

“The 14th was never created with gay marriage in mind stop the distortion of that amendment”

The 14th Amendment was ratified to ensure, among other things, that residents of each state – who are first and foremost citizens of the United States – would be afforded equal protection of (equal access to) the laws of each state, including marriage law.

And as the courts have correctly and consistently determined, to disallow same-sex couples access to marriage law they're eligible to participate in is indeed a violation of the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.

Again, there is no such thing as 'gay marriage,' there is only one marriage law available to couples wishing to enter into a marriage contract – same- or opposite-sex.

Here's the bloomberg poll from your own source:

Bloomberg National Poll conducted by Selzer & Company. March 7-10, 2014. N=1,001 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 3.1.

"Do you support or oppose allowing same-sex couples to get married?"
Support: 55%
Oppose: 39%
Unsure 9%

Civil Rights

You're ignoring your own source again. Here's the Pew Research Poll:

"Do you strongly favor, favor, oppose or strongly oppose allowing gays and lesbians to marry legally?"
May 2008, June 2008, April 2009, August 2009, April 2012, June 2012: "... allowing gay and lesbian couples ..."

Favor 54%
Oppose 39%
Unsure 7%

Civil Rights

That's the first 6 polls on whether or not gay marriage should be legal. Every single one contradicts you.

And of course, anything that contradicts you ignore.

And I do not care about polls or gay marriage, I want the government out of the business of marriage..

What part of that do you NOT understand?

“The 14th was never created with gay marriage in mind stop the distortion of that amendment”

The 14th Amendment was ratified to ensure, among other things, that residents of each state – who are first and foremost citizens of the United States – would be afforded equal protection of (equal access to) the laws of each state, including marriage law.

And as the courts have correctly and consistently determined, to disallow same-sex couples access to marriage law they're eligible to participate in is indeed a violation of the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.

Again, there is no such thing as 'gay marriage,' there is only one marriage law available to couples wishing to enter into a marriage contract – same- or opposite-sex.

"Marriage" is not in the Constitution and the far left keeps saying and think it is.

And I do not care about polls or gay marriage, I want the government out of the business of marriage..

So you acknowledge that you're ignoring your own sources. And that you have nothing to support the idea that the people oppose gay marriage. ANd of course, you've completely and utterly abandoned your silliness regarding the 14th amendment's provisions for equal protection in the law 'not existing'.

If you want a marriage without government involvement, you've got it.

If you want a marriage with government recognition and protection, you've got it.

Win win for everyone!

"Marriage" is not in the Constitution and the far left keeps saying and think it is.

And as the 9th amendment makes clear, it doesn't need to be in the constitution to be a reserve right. The Bill of Rights doesn't create rights. It merely enumerates a few of them. There are still unemumerated rights possessed by the people, as the 9th amendment makes clear.

You've clearly never read the 14th amendment. Tell me you've at least bothered to read the 9th.

So you acknowledge that you're ignoring your own sources. And that you have nothing to support the idea that the people oppose gay marriage. ANd of course, you've completely and utterly abandoned your silliness regarding the 14th amendment's provisions for equal protection in the law 'not existing'.

If you want a marriage without government involvement, you've got it.

If you want a marriage with government recognition and protection, you've got it.

Win win for everyone!

No I acknowledge you are far left posting form an agenda that doe snot even come close to what I am talking about. Instead you throw out the same old far left talking points.

You have shown that your agenda is based on a far left religious back bone. As you do NOT understand the Constitution, the word "Marriage", much less anything else other than far left propaganda.

You have been caught posting it, now own up to the fact that you really don't know anything on this subject other than you want gay "Marriage" just to punish the churches and the Christians who made you feel bad for being different.

BTW: None you far left drones have posted all those gays who have been arrested for being "Married" "illegally".

And as the 9th amendment makes clear, it doesn't need to be in the constitution to be a reserve right. The Bill of Rights doesn't create rights. It merely enumerates a few of them. There are still unemumerated rights possessed by the people, as the 9th amendment makes clear.

You've clearly never read the 14th amendment. Tell me you've at least bothered to read the 9th.

Marriage has a long history in the religious world. It has become so ingrained in the social fabric of the people of the nation, and indeed of the world, that the benefits of marriage to society at large became apparent. Because this religious rite had so many secular benefits, it became recognized by the secular world, and became subject to governmental definition and regulation.

Constitutional Topic Marriage - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Now do you still want "separation of church and state"?

No I acknowledge you are far left posting form an agenda that doe snot even come close to what I am talking about. Instead you throw out the same old far left talking points.

By 'far left agenda', you mean I'm posting your source? Poll after poll is from your own source. As source you said was good. And they all show that a clear majority, by at least 12 points, supports gay marriage. I don't think 'far left' means what you think it means.

You have shown that your agenda is based on a far left religious back bone.

More accurately, you've typed the accusation. Citing yourself. You've yet to even shown us a source beyond yourself that backs anything you've said. You citing you doesn't really amount to much.

As you do NOT understand the Constitution, the word "Marriage", much less anything else other than far left propaganda.
[/quote]

Says you. The Supreme Court of the United States recognizes that marriage is a right. Why would I ignore the Supreme Court and instead believe you citing yourself?

You have been caught posting it, now own up to the fact that you really don't know anything on this subject other than you want gay "Marriage" just to punish the churches and the Christians who made you feel bad for being different.

You 'caught' me citing the 14th amendment alright.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

14th amendment to the Constitution of the United States, Section 1

You still claiming that the provisions for equal protection in the law don't exist? I noticed you suddenly went mute on the topic the moment the 14th amendment was actually quoted.

You.....you never actually read the amendment, did you?

BTW: None you far left drones have posted all those gays who have been arrested for being "Married" "illegally".

Who says that one must be put in jail to have one's rights violated? That would be you......and who?

\
Marriage has a long history in the religious world.

So? Language has a long history in the religious world. That doesn't mean that the use of language in the law violates the separation of church and state.

Who, other than yourself, insists that recognizing marriage as a right violates the separation of church and state?

Every time I've asked you this question, you've fled like it were on fire.

By 'far left agenda', you mean I'm posting your source? Poll after poll is from your own source. As source you said was good. And they all show that a clear majority, by at least 12 points, supports gay marriage. I don't think 'far left' means what you think it means.

You have shown that your agenda is based on a far left religious back bone.

More accurately, you've typed the accusation. Citing yourself. You've yet to even shown us a source beyond yourself that backs anything you've said. You citing you doesn't really amount to much.

As you do NOT understand the Constitution, the word "Marriage", much less anything else other than far left propaganda.

Says you. The Supreme Court of the United States recognizes that marriage is a right. Why would I ignore the Supreme Court and instead believe you citing yourself?

You 'caught' me citing the 14th amendment alright.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

14th amendment to the Constitution of the United States, Section 1

You still claiming that the provisions for equal protection in the law don't exist? I noticed you suddenly went mute on the topic the moment the 14th amendment was actually quoted.

You.....you never actually read the amendment, did you?

Who says that one must be put in jail to have one's rights violated? That would be you......and who?[/QUOTE]

"illegal" means "rights" have been violated? Wow! That is very far left of you!

So in other words you have no basis for using the term "illegal" and gay "Marriage". It is just a word that is part of your far left programming.

And I claim nothing other than you do not understand the Constitution or what "rights" are as you are a far left drone. And the government should not be in the business of "Marriage".

Forum List

Back