State of the Union, 53% “very positive”, 24% “somewhat positive"

Does it mean that the left can finally get off the campaign trail and stop attacking Fox and old GOP politicians like Sara Palin and the Tea Party? Does it mean that we will start to hear some uplifting posts from the left about the brave new world in the next four years? I doubt it.

Not as long as you have this attitude.

We have 16 trillion in debt, record number of welfare recipients, no budget, never ending spending, shrinking economy, high unemployment for the 5th year in a row and you feel good about this?

Look at what is going on in the rest of the world, America is not in bad shape.

Yea that's like saying everyone on the top of the tipping Titanic were in better shape!

We have 16 trillion in debt, record number of welfare recipients, no budget, never ending spending, shrinking economy, high unemployment for the 5th year in a row and you feel good about this?

q4 2012 gdp? .1%

The state of our union is strong though because the dow hit 14K.....
grabing%20fruit.gif

You aren't suggesting that the 'job creators' getting richer while the rest of America flounders is not a good economy are you? But Mitt said that is the way it should be. Who are you going to believe?

You know all you people who are arguing that this is not a good economy are actually agreeing with Obama and disagreeing with Mittens and Ryan.

do you get paid by the strawman?

you're statement ( questions? hardly) is so simplistic ( and grossly mis-characterized) and muddled, there is but one answer, the one you want....no thx...

Cue up republicans calling the American people stupid.....

They're not stupid; they're ignorant. Political affiliation is irrelevant. It's present all across the spectrum.

The American people are neither

They have a greater understanding of what is going on in this country than politicians. They are living it.

What the American people are seeing is the disolving of the American Dream before their eyes. Their retirement plans are on indefinite hold, they can no longer afford medical bills, they are working harder and longer and seeing less for it. Their children graduate college or return from the military and still live at home.

America knows what is going on and they do not like the lack of solutions coming out of Washington

Bullshit. The government is a reflection of the people. The politicians don't get there unless they are elected by the people. The government is in dysfunction because the people aren't doing their jobs at the ballot box.

They're not stupid; they're ignorant. Political affiliation is irrelevant. It's present all across the spectrum.

They have a greater understanding of what is going on in this country than politicians. They are living it.

What the American people are seeing is the disolving of the American Dream before their eyes. Their retirement plans are on indefinite hold, they can no longer afford medical bills, they are working harder and longer and seeing less for it. Their children graduate college or return from the military and still live at home.

America knows what is going on and they do not like the lack of solutions coming out of Washington

Bullshit. The government is a reflection of the people. The politicians don't get there unless they are elected by the people. The government is in dysfunction because the people aren't doing their jobs at the ballot box.

True that...

But when your elected official is primarily loyal to party over country it doesn't matter who gets elected.

But when looking at the parties, the voters are more and more seeing the Republicans as a party for the rich. Republicans give platitudes about offering prosperity for all Americans but the American people have heard that one before. They know that prosperity will only go to the rich

On what channel? I was watching FOX (not my choice) and he never broke out of negative.....but it was FOX and I consider the audience.

As I said, I was participating at Bing's site with my iPad. You watched the feed on Bing and vote as the speech progresses. On the actual site where you vote, you got to watch the graph in real time broken by democrat, independent and republican as well as a different graph by male and female. On Bing's site, the graphs never broke into positive. I probably should have done some screen shots.

If internet polling were representative of the country....

Ron Paul would be our President

I wonder who cast the 12M votes on Bing last night? A couple hundred Fox viewers?

As I said, I was participating at Bing's site with my iPad. You watched the feed on Bing and vote as the speech progresses. On the actual site where you vote, you got to watch the graph in real time broken by democrat, independent and republican as well as a different graph by male and female. On Bing's site, the graphs never broke into positive. I probably should have done some screen shots.

If internet polling were representative of the country....

Ron Paul would be our President

I wonder who cast the 12M votes on Bing last night? A couple hundred Fox viewers?

How did Ron Paul supporters swamp internet polls and pull 3% at the voting booth?

True that...

But when your elected official is primarily loyal to party over country it doesn't matter who gets elected.

But when looking at the parties, the voters are more and more seeing the Republicans as a party for the rich. Republicans give platitudes about offering prosperity for all Americans but the American people have heard that one before. They know that prosperity will only go to the rich

And where is all of this prosperity from the Democrats? More times than not, where Democrats are in charge you have a crime ridden wasteland.

This isn't a partisan issue anyway. Voters from all walks of life are guilty of dereliction of their civil duty. You note that politicians are too loyal to their party, but again, that is a reflection of the people who voted them in. The so called "moderates" are becoming an extinct breed because only the hard liners are participating in the primary election process and then when the general election comes around people ignore the independent and third party candidates over this idiotic notion that not voting for the hardline R or the hardline D is a "wasted" vote. Like I said, ignorance.

True that...

No rep? Well you would definitely get pos rep if you had it.

Polls don't matter. If last night President Obama proffered refunding 50% of all taxes withheld by every federal taxpayer on 2012 earnings, Stephanie and the rest of the echo chamber would complain he didn't refund 100%.

The only poll that matters is the one on election day; that is the only time a poll reflects what the population surveyed really thinks. Posting on this thread is in itself a poll, Stephanie would have demeaned anything the President said before he said it - hence, polls don't matter.

True that...

whatever, I guess its throw shit at the wall time because I am a sheep and obama has told me I am po'......right RW?

You realize as a community organizer thats his Job #1 right? Yo is po' and someones gots what U want....:rolleyes:

wsj-600x452.jpg

getting the hint yet?

real news coverage would put the consensus of the state of the union as being "We are screwed"

Forum List

Back