State of the Union, 53% “very positive”, 24% “somewhat positive"

Even though I was off last night, I didn't watch this mess.

Instead the wife and I spent the evening with a bottle of wine, some crackers and cheese, and Netflix.

A wonderful evening indeed.

And I was much more calm when I went to bed than I would have been if I had watched Obama standing up there lying.

Cue up republicans calling the American people stupid.....

They're not stupid; they're ignorant. Political affiliation is irrelevant. It's present all across the spectrum.

Even though I was off last night, I didn't watch this mess.

Instead the wife and I spent the evening with a bottle of wine, some crackers and cheese, and Netflix.

A wonderful evening indeed.

And I was much more calm when I went to bed than I would have been if I had watched Obama standing up there lying.

Several rw's here said they weren't going to watch, instead, choosing to be ignorant of what he said while pretending they know exactly what he said, AND that he lied. Funny how not watching doesn't stop rw's from commenting about it.

Yeppers, that's rw's for you.

LOL

Does it mean that the left can finally get off the campaign trail and stop attacking Fox and old GOP politicians like Sara Palin and the Tea Party? Does it mean that we will start to hear some uplifting posts from the left about the brave new world in the next four years? I doubt it.

25550369.jpg

Cue up republicans calling the American people stupid.....

They're not stupid; they're ignorant. Political affiliation is irrelevant. It's present all across the spectrum.

The American people are neither

They have a greater understanding of what is going on in this country than politicians. They are living it.

What the American people are seeing is the disolving of the American Dream before their eyes. Their retirement plans are on indefinite hold, they can no longer afford medical bills, they are working harder and longer and seeing less for it. Their children graduate college or return from the military and still live at home.

America knows what is going on and they do not like the lack of solutions coming out of Washington

We have 16 trillion in debt, record number of welfare recipients, no budget, never ending spending, shrinking economy, high unemployment for the 5th year in a row and you feel good about this?

All of this could NEVER have been accomplished, without the Republicans' unwavering support o'....
GRIDLOCK!!!!

:thewave:

:woohoo:

Did you participate? I did. Thru the whole speech, he never broke out of negative numbers. I think the highest I saw was -32 and the lowest was -77. Gun control and climate change was when he bottomed out in the polling. It was interesting that men and women tracked almost identically and that Republicans and independents did too.

On what channel? I was watching FOX (not my choice) and he never broke out of negative.....but it was FOX and I consider the audience.

yes yes yes..as a no ( forget low) inforamtion voter with absolutely no stake in the productive class, I actually orgasmed!!!!! it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, Demosthenes denunciation of Philip, Ciceros Defense of Roscius , the Gettysburg address, FDR's pearl harbor speech, JFK, Tear down this wall.....

it was fucking Boffo!!!!!!!!
funny%20dude.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eUsSXXc8wU]Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy - YouTube[/ame]

sarahpalinelainebenes.gif

Last edited:

Did you participate? I did. Thru the whole speech, he never broke out of negative numbers. I think the highest I saw was -32 and the lowest was -77. Gun control and climate change was when he bottomed out in the polling. It was interesting that men and women tracked almost identically and that Republicans and independents did too.

On what channel? I was watching FOX (not my choice) and he never broke out of negative.....but it was FOX and I consider the audience.

fux co-sponsored the site.

All this means is that people swallow up bullshit they hear without actually thinking about what they're being told. What did Obama say last night he hasn't said before? It's like the same speech I've heard just about every year and pretty much nothing has changed.

Yes, so you want us to believe. Much has changed since the dark days of the economic meltdown (2007 - 2009) and little has changed since January 2011 when the political meltdown began under Boehner's Bunglers and McConnell's Mischief Makers.

The public, overall, is incredibly ignorant. They don't pay attention to what is going on unless it involves some big media event, like the SOTU or until every four years when it comes time to elect the president and then they sit there and "inform" themselves based on speeches full of empty platitudes and commercials with 30 second sound bites accusing political opponents of molesting puppies.

A well constructed description of the echo chamber, the no nothings who simply parrot the propaganda of the News Corp and the EIB Network Nitwit.

It is not a coincidence that our republic has slowly been collapsing as the people become more detached from it.

Our Democratic Republic continues to flourish despite the efforts of the Neo-Reactionary Forces (NRF) in the GOP and in conservative media.

Last edited:
Obama was speaking to a relatively friendly audience, according to CNN.
Forty-four percent of the network's sample was Democratic, and
just 17 percent was Republican,
making it 12 points more Democratic than the American population.

State Of The Union Poll Shows Largely Positive Reaction

By that math Obama only had 26% very positive and Mitt Romney is really our Presidnt

If his information is correct then you're a fucking idiot. People asked for the breakdown of the poll, it seems he gave it (I don't care to fact check any of this, I just don't care") and you can't understand something as simple as oversampling because it swings in favor of your own party. How about you give it an actual day or 2 and see what polls say?

Time for House Republicans to give back the check the rich gave them. Either that or Ryan and his posse can ride it all the way to the bottom. Dictators don't bend, they break.

By a better than 2- to-1 margin, viewers of President Barack Obama’s State of the Union speech rated it highly compared with those who didn’t like the address, a poll out late Tuesday night showed.

According to a CNN/ORC International poll, 53 percent of speech viewers had a “very positive” reaction, 24 percent said they had a “somewhat positive response” and 22 percent said they experienced a negative response.

Read more: Poll: Most liked Obama?s State of the Union speech - Katie Glueck - POLITICO.com

Life under Obama to his followers is wonderful.

Why even the Tooth Fairy comes from Washington and leaves food stamps under your pillow. Coin not needed.

Forum List

Back