Statue of John Lewis to replace Confederate Monument

We do not have monuments to those who enslaved people in Asia or Africa
Yes we do. There are monuments to historical figures from every continent in America. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you make a detailed informed response. Most of your posts are one or two liners.

And the point stands either way … slavery was an institutionalized way of life hundreds of years ago all over the world. You have no moral argument here to pick on the USA or CSA bc of slavery

The absolute hypocrisy of the radical left today. Are they calling for destruction of statues of slave owners from Africa??? nope

You will never win this argument, Black people owned slaves. You can’t even respond to it with any kind of logical point other than your mindless one or two line posts

We should do this with all Confederate Monuments
Replace them with monuments to Civil Rights leaders and monuments honoring the struggles of slaves

A statue honoring civil rights hero and US Congressman John Lewis is being unveiled Saturday outside of Atlanta, replacing a Confederate monument that had stood there for more than a century.

Renowned Jamaican sculptor Basil Watson created the statue, coined the John Lewis Memorial. It was installed August 16 in Decatur Square in front of the Historic Decatur Courthouse.
The protestors spurred on by the Democrats will deface that statue too. It is just a matter of time.

The protestors spurred on by the Democrats will deface that statue too. It is just a matter of time.
Actually, a continuing problem with statues and monuments to Civil Rights in the south is they get shot at, defaced and destroyed by Rednecks

1724526247898.jpeg

Actually, a continuing problem with statues and monuments to Civil Rights in the south is they get shot at, defaced and destroyed by Rednecks

View attachment 1000801

wow, I wonder if they did this from a distance or just gave up and moved closer to the target (10 ft) then fired. Then realized that they ran out of bullets. No problem just drive home and get more. Make a quick stop at the ammo store only to realize that they would have to come back tomorrow.

Last edited:
Confederacy tried to break away from the union because they really wanted to keep the slaves they own.

All men are created equal except when people are owned by other people.

That is honorable to some.
Retroactive Justification

The race that daily proves that it has no respect for the property of others thereby proves that it deserved to become the property of others.

Last edited:
I say the Confederate monuments should stay where they are. It is destroying history. Also those Confederate flags should fly high in the south. It is our heritage and our history. Removing them allows history to repeat itself.

I say the Confederate monuments should stay where they are. It is destroying history. Also those Confederate flags should fly high in the south. It is our heritage and our history. Removing them allows history to repeat itself.
Slaves were 40 percent of the population of the Confederacy

That is your heritage

Forum List

Back