Stephen Crowder, Top 5 AR-15 myths...banning them is a Trojan Horse...

Really? All people who would rather not have their kids killed at school want to ban all semi auto rifles? That's amazing. Did Alex Jones tell you that?

Nobody can shoot up a school with a semi-auto handgun?

Your canned gun nut responses are funny. Which semi-auto handgun can fire as many bullets as fast as the AR is capable of? Which semi-auto hand guns have 30 round magazines? Which semi-automatic handguns are as accurate over a wide range as a rifle?

All semiautomatics fire at the same rate it matters not if it is a handgun, a rifle or a shotgun

ALL semiautomatic firearms fire one round per trigger pull

PERIOD.

Very often that is the case.

In a similar discussion on another board, I posted a pics of my M1A and a pic of an AR. People were far more concerned with the AR.

The anti gunners know, though. That is why they are now calling for banning all semi automatic rifles...as we heard at the CNN hate rally this week......and also why they are using the term "weapons of war," Since they know they can get to the rest of our rifles if they can only get the AR-15 banned ...since the all operate with the same action....

Again with the " They're coming to get all our guns!!!!!!! " craziness. Grow up dummy.

Yes...they want to repeal the Lawful commerce in arms act....to sue gun makers out of existence on phony gun lawsuits, and they are using the courts to pass laws that violate both the 2nd Amendment and settled Supreme Court decisions.......

So people who support reasonable gun control are using the legal routs laid out for them by the constitution to bring the change that the majority of the country wants. How horrible.

Suing gun makers who have no part in crime or mass shootings is not reasonable.....gun laws that target law abiding gun owners and do not stop criminals or mass shooters are not reasonable..........laws that violate the 2nd Amendment are not reasonable......

Sorry, but the Supreme court is a better judge of what is reasonable than you are. I don't always agree with them, but they are certainly better than a gun nut like you.

So people who support reasonable gun control are using the legal routs laid out for them by the constitution to bring the change that the majority of the country wants. How horrible.

Define "reasonable" gun control.

Universal background checks would be a start. Trump-0 made it easier for crazies to get guns. It would be nice to reverse that too.
Background checks didn't stop the piece of shit in FL from getting guns
Didn't stop the piece of shit in Vegas from getting guns
Didn't stop the pieces of shit in Columbine from getting guns and the federal assault weapon ban didn't prevent the Columbine shooting

Did the military pick that design for strictly cosmetic reasons?

The military model is a different gun.

I don't know how many times you have to be told that. What does it matter that a civilian .223 semiautomatic rifle has a plastic stock instead of a wood stock? No civilian rifle performs like a military rifle.

Now why don't you tell me what makes this gun
Typical-AR-15-1024x301.jpg

any different from this gun

1200px-Mini14GB.jpg

Other than how they look. Both are civilian semiautomatic rifles chambered for .223. Both have comparable accuracy. Both fire the same one round per trigger pull.

There is absolutely no functional difference between the 2 rifles.

If you knew anything about the subject you would know this

You should ask the military that question. They are the ones that chose it to be a combat assault weapon in 1963, and designated it as the M16.

AR 15 Rifle - A Brief History & Historical Time Line
I'm asking you.

A gun that capable of automatic fire is NOT the same as a gun that is not capable of automatic fire

That is about as simply as I can explain it to you.

If you cannot understand that don't bother me anymore because I don't argue with the mentally retarded

Yes, that is a difference, but automatic fire is not the only reason that design was chosen as the military's goto weapon. They could have had AF with any number of other guns. Yes the design has been slightly modified to bypass the AF, but all the other qualities that convinced the military that that particular design would be the best tool for killing as many people as possible in as short of time as possible are still present.
It is the only meaningful difference.

The bottom rifle can fire just as fast as the Ar 15.

Composite materials generally stand up to abuse better than natural substances like wood since they are more resistant to moisture, weather and impacts it has nothing to do with the lethality of the weapon

You got a link to that firing rate? Which one did the military decide would be a better killing device?

Yes,those are 2 of the reasons it is a more effective killing tool than other rifles.
It is not a more effective killing tool than any other .223 semiauto

The military thinks it is.

SO I could have a semiautomatic rifle that fires a larger more powerful round like the 6.8 as this rifle does
18958598_1.jpg

and that just fine because it doesn't look like an M16

Perhaps you care to give a few specs on that gun? I'm far from an expert, but I know there are lots more reasons than caliber for why a rifle might be effective for a particular purpose.

The reason the .223 has become the dominant caliber is because the ammo is lighter and in fact less lethal than previous military rifles. The idea being that by wounding rather than killing enemy soldiers you force them to use more resources.

Who is opposing the .223?

The military thinks it is.

SO I could have a semiautomatic rifle that fires a larger more powerful round like the 6.8 as this rifle does
18958598_1.jpg

In a similar discussion on another board, I posted a pics of my M1A and a pic of an AR. People were far more concerned with the AR.

The anti gunners know, though. That is why they are now calling for banning all semi automatic rifles...as we heard at the CNN hate rally this week......and also why they are using the term "weapons of war," Since they know they can get to the rest of our rifles if they can only get the AR-15 banned ...since the all operate with the same action....

Again with the " They're coming to get all our guns!!!!!!! " craziness. Grow up dummy.

Then tell me what is the reason for banning one particular semiautomatic rifle when all other semiautomatic rifles of the same caliber perform exactly the same as the banned rifle.

The only reason to start with one particular rifle is to expand the ban to all other semiautomatic rifles

All rifles are not the same. As a gun nut, you should know that.

The military model is a different gun.

I don't know how many times you have to be told that. What does it matter that a civilian .223 semiautomatic rifle has a plastic stock instead of a wood stock? No civilian rifle performs like a military rifle.

Now why don't you tell me what makes this gun
Typical-AR-15-1024x301.jpg

any different from this gun

1200px-Mini14GB.jpg

Other than how they look. Both are civilian semiautomatic rifles chambered for .223. Both have comparable accuracy. Both fire the same one round per trigger pull.

There is absolutely no functional difference between the 2 rifles.

If you knew anything about the subject you would know this

You should ask the military that question. They are the ones that chose it to be a combat assault weapon in 1963, and designated it as the M16.

I'm asking you.

A gun that capable of automatic fire is NOT the same as a gun that is not capable of automatic fire

If you cannot understand that don't bother me anymore because I don't argue with the mentally retarded

Yes, that is a difference, but automatic fire is not the only reason that design was chosen as the military's goto weapon. They could have had AF with any number of other guns. Yes the design has been slightly modified to bypass the AF, but all the other qualities that convinced the military that that particular design would be the best tool for killing as many people as possible in as short of time as possible are still present.

Composite materials generally stand up to abuse better than natural substances like wood since they are more resistant to moisture, weather and impacts it has nothing to do with the lethality of the weapon

You got a link to that firing rate? Which one did the military decide would be a better killing device?

How can you make an argument when you don't even know the definitions of the relevant terms?

The very definition of a semiautomatic firearm is that it fires one and only one round per trigger pull

Therefore the number of rounds per second or minute that any semiautomatic firearm in existence can fire is completely dependent on the speed the person can pull and release the trigger.

Wrong...the AR-15 never saw combat...the select fire version...the M-16 has, and the M4 Carbine, but the AR-15 has never been used in war...it is not a war weapon...it is not a select fire weapon.....you can keep lying all you want, you just keep showing us why we can never trust anti gunners...

Of course it didn't. When the military bought it, they designated it as the M16. The newly named (at that time) M16 design has had no substantial changes since then.

And they didn't use the AR-15 they turned it into a different rifle, the M-16.....a select fire weapon with a full auto selection...dumb ass........they did not use the AR-15.....it wasn't used in combat.......they changed the internal mechanism making it a different rifle.....

6 shot revolvers....actually used in war.

lever action rifles...actually used in war.

Bolt action rifles...actually used in war, currently used in war. They were the rifle that conquered Europe and Asia during World War 2.....

pump action shotguns....used in war in the past, currently used in war....

AR-15...never used in war....

They changed the internal mechanism after they bought the design? Link?

What do you think they did?

File off a little nub and PRESTO a fully automatic rifle!!!

I've posted the modifications needed several times. Either consult that, or do a search for yourself.

18958598_1.jpg

Then tell me what is the reason for banning one particular semiautomatic rifle when all other semiautomatic rifles of the same caliber perform exactly the same as the banned rifle.

The only reason to start with one particular rifle is to expand the ban to all other semiautomatic rifles

I never said they were.

I said ALL semiautomtic rifles of the same caliber perform exactly the same

Really? All people who would rather not have their kids killed at school want to ban all semi auto rifles? That's amazing. Did Alex Jones tell you that?

Your canned gun nut responses are funny. Which semi-auto handgun can fire as many bullets as fast as the AR is capable of? Which semi-auto hand guns have 30 round magazines? Which semi-automatic handguns are as accurate over a wide range as a rifle?

All semiautomatics fire at the same rate it matters not if it is a handgun, a rifle or a shotgun

PERIOD.

Yet different guns advertise different rates of fire capabilities. Why is that?

Wrong...the AR-15 never saw combat...the select fire version...the M-16 has, and the M4 Carbine, but the AR-15 has never been used in war...it is not a war weapon...it is not a select fire weapon.....you can keep lying all you want, you just keep showing us why we can never trust anti gunners...

Of course it didn't. When the military bought it, they designated it as the M16. The newly named (at that time) M16 design has had no substantial changes since then.

And they didn't use the AR-15 they turned it into a different rifle, the M-16.....a select fire weapon with a full auto selection...dumb ass........they did not use the AR-15.....it wasn't used in combat.......they changed the internal mechanism making it a different rifle.....

6 shot revolvers....actually used in war.

lever action rifles...actually used in war.

Bolt action rifles...actually used in war, currently used in war. They were the rifle that conquered Europe and Asia during World War 2.....

pump action shotguns....used in war in the past, currently used in war....

AR-15...never used in war....

They changed the internal mechanism after they bought the design? Link?

What do you think they did?

File off a little nub and PRESTO a fully automatic rifle!!!

I've posted the modifications needed several times. Either consult that, or do a search for yourself.

And those modifications are not ever made to AR 15s .

If they were then every single gang banger in Compton would have a fully automatic AR 15.

And FYI the Fully automatic firing mechanism of the M 16 is not the same as the semiautomatic firing mechanism of the AR 15

Universal background checks would be a start. Trump-0 made it easier for crazies to get guns. It would be nice to reverse that too.
Didn't stop the pieces of shit in Columbine from getting guns and the federal assault weapon ban didn't prevent the Columbine shooting

And DWI laws didn't stop that kid from being run over yesterday. So?

50 round magazines for a Glock pistol

beta_glock.jpg
3861573_01_glock_17_mag_9mm_extended_gloc_640.jpg

PERIOD.

Yet different guns advertise different rates of fire capabilities. Why is that?

No they don't.

Why don't you post the ads for 2 .223 semiautomatic rifles and highlight where the difference in the rates of fire are in the ads.

ALL semiautomatics fire at the same rate.

That rate is by definition one round per trigger pull.

And DWI laws didn't stop that kid from being run over yesterday. So?

But you seem to think background checks will stop shootings.

I know that no law prevents anyone from committing a crime but you don't seem to.

I'm asking you.

How can you make an argument when you don't even know the definitions of the relevant terms?

The very definition of a semiautomatic firearm is that it fires one and only one round per trigger pull

Therefore the number of rounds per second or minute that any semiautomatic firearm in existence can fire is completely dependent on the speed the person can pull and release the trigger.

Are all semi-auto rifles capable of unlimited rate of fire, and only limited by how fast the trigger is pulled? Are all semi-auto rifles capable of accurate fire for extended periods of time?

I never said they were.

I said ALL semiautomtic rifles of the same caliber perform exactly the same

No.

Who gives a shit about rate of fire? These school shooters are "spraying and praying", they are methodically moving from room to room, acquiring a target, and firing. And thats another reason that size of magazine really makes no difference either.

Mark

50 round magazines for a Glock pistol

beta_glock.jpg
3861573_01_glock_17_mag_9mm_extended_gloc_640.jpg

Yes, you can find all kinds of outrageous stuff if you look hard enough. Doesn't make it any where near the norm.
upload_2018-2-24_14-31-50.jpeg

Forum List

Back