Stephen Crowder, Top 5 AR-15 myths...banning them is a Trojan Horse...

And DWI laws didn't stop that kid from being run over yesterday. So?

But you seem to think background checks will stop shootings.

I know that no law prevents anyone from committing a crime but you don't seem to.

So all laws are a waste? That's nuts.
Where did I say that?

Laws are nothing but a codification of prohibited activities and a statement of the punishments for engaging in those activities and as such are necessary but those laws do not stop anyone from committing a crime

Got it. Laws are not a detriment to any crime. You know that's nuts, don't you?

So what criminals have been stopped by a law?

You do understand they people are criminals because the law did not stop them from committing a crime don't you?

So we're back to "LAWS BAD" I guess that is an acceptable belief for a gun nut.

I've done a bit of research on the AR15 today. Some of the things I thought were wrong. However, the fact that the AR 15 is a slightly modified clone of the military M16 assault rifle has not changed. We don't need military assault rifles on the street. even those that are slightly modified

Who the hell walks around out on the streets with an AR-15? How are a bunch of gun enthusiasts with AR-15s sitting in a case at home more dangerous than the millions of concealed handguns people walk around with everyday?

Actually, some of the blame for the fear of ARs can be blamed on the open carry antagonists/mall ninjas who paraded around the streets, malls or wherever with a an AR (dressed with every imaginable aftermarket add-on) just to show they can.

6a00d8341bfadb53ef01a73dc7e222970d-pi

Yes, I know the one on the right is not an AR. But the point stands.

Yes,those are 2 of the reasons it is a more effective killing tool than other rifles.
It is not a more effective killing tool than any other .223 semiauto

The military thinks it is.

SO I could have a semiautomatic rifle that fires a larger more powerful round like the 6.8 as this rifle does
18958598_1.jpg

and that just fine because it doesn't look like an M16

Perhaps you care to give a few specs on that gun? I'm far from an expert, but I know there are lots more reasons than caliber for why a rifle might be effective for a particular purpose.

The reason the .223 has become the dominant caliber is because the ammo is lighter and in fact less lethal than previous military rifles. The idea being that by wounding rather than killing enemy soldiers you force them to use more resources.

The ability to carry more ammo is accurate. I'm not sure about the "it wounds the soldier so it takes more men out of combat" reason.

One of the biggest was that we were looking to have a common round with our allies.

All semiautomatics fire at the same rate it matters not if it is a handgun, a rifle or a shotgun

ALL semiautomatic firearms fire one round per trigger pull

PERIOD.

Yet different guns advertise different rates of fire capabilities. Why is that?

No they don't.

Why don't you post the ads for 2 .223 semiautomatic rifles and highlight where the difference in the rates of fire are in the ads.

ALL semiautomatics fire at the same rate.

That rate is by definition one round per trigger pull.

You got credible proof that all semi-autos are capable of firing at the same rate? I would think a knowledgeable gun nut such as yourself would have that data on the tip of his tongue.

MY fucking God man

Please tell me exactly what you don't understand about the phrase

One round per trigger pull.

Semi-automatic firearm - Wikipedia

A semi-automatic firearm, or self-loading firearm, is one that not only fires a bullet each time the trigger is pulled, but also performs all steps necessary to prepare it to discharge again—assuming cartridgesremain in the firearm's feed device. Typically, this includes extracting and ejecting the spent cartridge case from the firing chamber, re-cocking the firing mechanism, and loading a new cartridge into the firing chamber. To fire again, the trigger is released and re-pressed.

My fucking God gun nut.
What don't you understand about "capable of high rate of fire for extended periods"? If all rifles had equal capabilities, why do you gun nuts always argue about which one is best?

Because some companies make them with higher quality standards, some guns are made with crappier parts that don't last as long, but none of those points changes the rate of fire relevant to a mass shooting.....you are such a doofus....

How can you make an argument when you don't even know the definitions of the relevant terms?

The very definition of a semiautomatic firearm is that it fires one and only one round per trigger pull

Therefore the number of rounds per second or minute that any semiautomatic firearm in existence can fire is completely dependent on the speed the person can pull and release the trigger.

Are all semi-auto rifles capable of unlimited rate of fire, and only limited by how fast the trigger is pulled? Are all semi-auto rifles capable of accurate fire for extended periods of time?

ALL semiautomatics fire one round for each trigger pull. As you can see that is not an unlimited rate of fire.

Even fully automatic firearms run up against a limit and the mechanics of the automatic firing mechanism and its cycle time is what limits a fully auto firearm.

A semiautomatic is limited to how fast a person can pull the trigger.

You might be able to pull the trigger faster than me you might not. But over time people tend to fatigue therefore the max rate of trigger pull is not maintained

And in general if you are pulling the trigger as fast as you can you will have little or no accuracy

Yes, and sand can only be loaded one scoop at the time. These pictures are loading sand at the exact same rate, right?
View attachment 178841

What's loading got to do with the fact that ALL semiautomatics only fire one round per trigger pull?

To use your sandbox analogy/

Say you pour sand into a funnel that only lets one grain of sand through every time you push a button

Would that sand move though the funnel at a faster rate if the funnel was being filled with a table spoon or a gallon jug?

Come on gun nut. You know one trigger pull one fire isn't the only relevant issue. Some guns are capable of shorter time between trigger pulls than others. A real gun nut would know that.

You are fucking deranged....and a troll........you have been corrected over and over and you still post crap......clearly a troll...

All semiautomatics fire at the same rate it matters not if it is a handgun, a rifle or a shotgun

ALL semiautomatic firearms fire one round per trigger pull

PERIOD.

Yet different guns advertise different rates of fire capabilities. Why is that?

No they don't.

Why don't you post the ads for 2 .223 semiautomatic rifles and highlight where the difference in the rates of fire are in the ads.

ALL semiautomatics fire at the same rate.

That rate is by definition one round per trigger pull.

You got credible proof that all semi-autos are capable of firing at the same rate? I would think a knowledgeable gun nut such as yourself would have that data on the tip of his tongue.

MY fucking God man

Please tell me exactly what you don't understand about the phrase

One round per trigger pull.

Semi-automatic firearm - Wikipedia

A semi-automatic firearm, or self-loading firearm, is one that not only fires a bullet each time the trigger is pulled, but also performs all steps necessary to prepare it to discharge again—assuming cartridgesremain in the firearm's feed device. Typically, this includes extracting and ejecting the spent cartridge case from the firing chamber, re-cocking the firing mechanism, and loading a new cartridge into the firing chamber. To fire again, the trigger is released and re-pressed.

My fucking God gun nut.
What don't you understand about "capable of high rate of fire for extended periods"? If all rifles had equal capabilities, why do you gun nuts always argue about which one is best?

The ability of a semi auto to fire at a sustained rate has more to do with the individual rifle's barrel than the gun itself. I owned an AR some years ago. I bought one setup for accuracy. It had a heavier barrel that was fluted. This barrel was able to withstand the heat build up better, and the flutes gave it more surface area for cooling as well.

A Ruger Mini-14 would achieve the same extended fire rate with the same barrel.

How can you make an argument when you don't even know the definitions of the relevant terms?

The very definition of a semiautomatic firearm is that it fires one and only one round per trigger pull

Therefore the number of rounds per second or minute that any semiautomatic firearm in existence can fire is completely dependent on the speed the person can pull and release the trigger.

Are all semi-auto rifles capable of unlimited rate of fire, and only limited by how fast the trigger is pulled? Are all semi-auto rifles capable of accurate fire for extended periods of time?

ALL semiautomatics fire one round for each trigger pull. As you can see that is not an unlimited rate of fire.

Even fully automatic firearms run up against a limit and the mechanics of the automatic firing mechanism and its cycle time is what limits a fully auto firearm.

A semiautomatic is limited to how fast a person can pull the trigger.

You might be able to pull the trigger faster than me you might not. But over time people tend to fatigue therefore the max rate of trigger pull is not maintained

And in general if you are pulling the trigger as fast as you can you will have little or no accuracy

Yes, and sand can only be loaded one scoop at the time. These pictures are loading sand at the exact same rate, right?
View attachment 178841

What's loading got to do with the fact that ALL semiautomatics only fire one round per trigger pull?

To use your sandbox analogy/

Say you pour sand into a funnel that only lets one grain of sand through every time you push a button

Would that sand move though the funnel at a faster rate if the funnel was being filled with a table spoon or a gallon jug?

Come on gun nut. You know one trigger pull one fire isn't the only relevant issue. Some guns are capable of shorter time between trigger pulls than others. A real gun nut would know that.

I'd have to see a link to show that. If it is true, the time difference is miniscule, and of no practical use.

In fact, since a tiny part of the force propelling the bullet down the barrel is bled off to work the action, it has until the bullet leaves the barrel to move the bolt completely to the rear (a spring pushing it back forward). Once the bullet has left the barrel, the force of the propellant will flow to the path of least resistance (the empty tube that is the barrel).

So people who support reasonable gun control are using the legal routs laid out for them by the constitution to bring the change that the majority of the country wants. How horrible.

Define "reasonable" gun control.

Universal background checks would be a start. Trump-0 made it easier for crazies to get guns. It would be nice to reverse that too.
Background checks didn't stop the piece of shit in FL from getting guns
Didn't stop the piece of shit in Vegas from getting guns
Didn't stop the pieces of shit in Columbine from getting guns and the federal assault weapon ban didn't prevent the Columbine shooting

Paddock bought an arsonal from multiple States thus avoiding scrutiny.

Crowder nails it....

He demonstrates the rate of fire with a .357 lever action rifle.....he shows a semi auto shotgun....

The anti gunners want them too....

Looks like our problem is rate of fire......not trying to ban individual guns

How about we limit rate of fire to 120 rounds per minute?
More than enough for hunting deer or squirrels

Easier to distinguish which guns are allowed

Of course it didn't. When the military bought it, they designated it as the M16. The newly named (at that time) M16 design has had no substantial changes since then.

And they didn't use the AR-15 they turned it into a different rifle, the M-16.....a select fire weapon with a full auto selection...dumb ass........they did not use the AR-15.....it wasn't used in combat.......they changed the internal mechanism making it a different rifle.....

6 shot revolvers....actually used in war.

lever action rifles...actually used in war.

Bolt action rifles...actually used in war, currently used in war. They were the rifle that conquered Europe and Asia during World War 2.....

pump action shotguns....used in war in the past, currently used in war....

AR-15...never used in war....

They changed the internal mechanism after they bought the design? Link?

What do you think they did?

File off a little nub and PRESTO a fully automatic rifle!!!

I've posted the modifications needed several times. Either consult that, or do a search for yourself.

And those modifications are not ever made to AR 15s .

If they were then every single gang banger in Compton would have a fully automatic AR 15.

And FYI the Fully automatic firing mechanism of the M 16 is not the same as the semiautomatic firing mechanism of the AR 15

Gang bangers use easily concealable weapons.

I was 200 yards south of Mandalay Bay on 1 October. My first thought was M-16 fire.

Crowder nails it....

He demonstrates the rate of fire with a .357 lever action rifle.....he shows a semi auto shotgun....

If the 2nd Amendment was written to protect ownership of firearms strictly for hunting, I'd be all for it.

Crowder nails it....

And to think rate of fire is the only issue ignores the overwhelming majority of murders with guns.

It does not even cover murders with an AR. John Muhammad and Lee Malvo managed to kill 17 people and wound 10 more with an AR. Rate of fire and magazine capacity had no bearing on those shootings.

I've done a bit of research on the AR15 today. Some of the things I thought were wrong. However, the fact that the AR 15 is a slightly modified clone of the military M16 assault rifle has not changed. We don't need military assault rifles on the street. even those that are slightly modified

Who the hell walks around out on the streets with an AR-15? How are a bunch of gun enthusiasts with AR-15s sitting in a case at home more dangerous than the millions of concealed handguns people walk around with everyday?

Actually, some of the blame for the fear of ARs can be blamed on the open carry antagonists/mall ninjas who paraded around the streets, malls or wherever with a an AR (dressed with every imaginable aftermarket add-on) just to show they can.

Our second amendment well regulated militias

Crowder nails it....

And to think rate of fire is the only issue ignores the overwhelming majority of murders with guns.

It does not even cover murders with an AR. John Muhammad and Lee Malvo managed to kill 17 people and wound 10 more with an AR. Rate of fire and magazine capacity had no bearing on those shootings.

If we want to address the overwhelming number of murders ....we have to address handguns

But we know we can’t dare do that don’t we?

So we are left with regulating rate of fire and magazine capacity that helps mass shooters improve their kills

LOL! Come around to that lie again? Perhaps you can show me where in the Second Amendment it says, "...the right of the militia to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"? You can, right?

LOL! Come around to that lie again? Perhaps you can show me where in the Second Amendment it says, "...the right of the militia to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"? You can, right?

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state.....

Ah, the nervous laughter of a fool who has been caught in a lie.

Excellent. You found the dependent clause that provided one justification for the right to exist; but that doesn't change the fact that the right belongs to the PEOPLE, not just a militia.

Last edited:

• "I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
    — George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788

A gun nut by any other name would be just as stupid. (sorry Will)

Forum List

Back