Steve Bannon Has Strong Legal Grounds to get His J-6 Contempt Conviction Tossed

MAGA Macho Man

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2022
Great news! American Patriot Steve Bannon doesn't deserve to go to prison.

Yeah, we don't want criminals going to prison, it goes against everything Republicans stand for.

Trump was no longer in office, he did not have Executive Privileges
Trump did have EP on January 6, and the days leading up to January 6. But Bannon here is really throwing a Hail Mary. Notice how the article sput through this,

He relied on an outdated 61-year-old DC circuit court case (Licavoli v. U.S., 1961) that was based on a Supreme Court decision that was later repudiated by the high court and overturned. The correct standard, as the Supreme Court has since enunciated, is that prosecutors must show that the defendant knew his actions were unlawful. But if a defendant believes his response to the subpoena is lawful, then he cannot be convicted.

It gives us the old out-dated case, but fails to provide us the cases that provided that "repudiation", and overturned. I have not seen that Sinclair has been overturned, has it?

The gist, you can't go, "but I thought I was acting lawfully" when refusing to testify or answer a subpoena", or even, "I acted under the advice of counsel". But that is the defense Bannon is using here.

Trump did have EP on January 6, and the days leading up to January 6. But Bannon here is really throwing a Hail Mary. Notice how the article sput through this,

He relied on an outdated 61-year-old DC circuit court case (Licavoli v. U.S., 1961) that was based on a Supreme Court decision that was later repudiated by the high court and overturned. The correct standard, as the Supreme Court has since enunciated, is that prosecutors must show that the defendant knew his actions were unlawful. But if a defendant believes his response to the subpoena is lawful, then he cannot be convicted.

It gives us the old out-dated case, but fails to provide us the cases that provided that "repudiation", and overturned. I have not seen that Sinclair has been overturned, has it?

The gist, you can't go, "but I thought I was acting lawfully" when refusing to testify or answer a subpoena", or even, "I acted under the advice of counsel". But that is the defense Bannon is using here.
Not much of a standard

Everyone can claim they believed they were acting lawfully

Mr. Bannon is a senior citizen convicted of a non-violent offense, and is unlikely to reoffend. Shouldn't he be considered a prime candidate for rehabilitation and alternative disposition instead of being sent to prison?

Here in Pennsylvania, Mr. Fetterman thinks that 2nd degree murderers should skate, is failing to appear for a subpoena really more serious than murder for hire in Biden's opinion?

Democrats really try to avoid talking about Eric Holder snubbing his nose and refusing to comply with a Congressional subpoena. But Bannon must be jailed.

There is no Justice in America. Period.

1666663230545.png

Probably true.....But those harassing Bannon aren't really interested in making him go to prison.

The process is the punishment.

Mr. Bannon is a senior citizen convicted of a non-violent offense, and is unlikely to reoffend. Shouldn't he be considered a prime candidate for rehabilitation and alternative disposition instead of being sent to prison?

Here in Pennsylvania, Mr. Fetterman thinks that 2nd degree murderers should skate, is failing to appear for a subpoena really more serious than murder for hire in Biden's opinion?

You think failing to appear for a subpoena is nothing?

Forum List

Back