Stick a fork in Hagel

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
It looks like Obama is going to have to find someone else to play with the Pentagon. Those papers Hagel hasn't turned over include payments from "Friends of Hamas." Even Obama and a compliant media can't ignore this one.

On Thursday, Senate sources told Breitbart News exclusively that they have been informed that one of the reasons that President Barack Obama’s nominee for Secretary of Defense, Chuck Hagel, has not turned over requested documents on his sources of foreign funding is that one of the names listed is a group purportedly called “Friends of Hamas.”

Yesterday, 25 senators sent a letter to Hagel demanding information on his foreign funding. Hagel has refused all such requests, prompting the senators to state, “in the judgment of the undersigned, a Committee vote on your nomination should not occur unless and until you provide the requested information.”
Called for comment and reached via telephone, Associate Communications Director at the White House Eric Schultz identified himself, heard the question, was silent for several seconds, and then hung up the phone immediately without comment. Called back via the White House switchboard, Schultz’s phone rang through to his answering machine. Called on his cell phone, Schultz’s phone rang through to his answering machine.

Secret Hagel Donor?: White House Spox Ducks Question on 'Friends of Hamas'

Obama has plenty of reasons to want Hagel aside from having support from the same donors.

Hagel won't disclose the required financial information how did they plan to get around that in the first place? I guess somebody wouldn't play ball with that lying sack of shit in the White House.

Hagel won't disclose the required financial information how did they plan to get around that in the first place? I guess somebody wouldn't play ball with that lying sack of shit in the White House.
Rumsfeld wasn't asked. Gee, I wonder why.

Oh look! A prediction influenced by incendiary partisan media hackery. Such a rare sight around here.

I predict, based on the fact that he has the "votes" necessary, that Hagel will be confirmed after this whinefest by a few of our nuttier GOP politicians subsides.

Oh look! A prediction influenced by incendiary partisan media hackery. Such a rare sight around here.

I predict, based on the fact that he has the "votes" necessary, that Hagel will be confirmed after this whinefest by a few of our nuttier GOP politicians subsides.

And the fact he has been linked to friends of hamas mea.s nothing to you. Got it.

And the fact he has been linked to friends of hamas mea.s nothing to you. Got it.

WHO has linked him to "friends of hamas"?

Same guys that said Obama was born in Kenya?

Time to let the grown ups do their work kiddies, off to bed with you.

Hagel was a shitty choice... like Kerry and the last SoS that had to resign... It think it was a Clinton.

No one in the political arena thinks that Hagel WON'T get confirmed.

So if it doesn't happen, OP, as you predict, you should get a job as a pundit and/or political consultant.

I used to think this site represented a Junior High School level of irrelevant insults. I am revising my opinion downwards...

No one in the political arena thinks that Hagel WON'T get confirmed.

So if it doesn't happen, OP, as you predict, you should get a job as a pundit and/or political consultant.

Well, the success of OP's predictions seem to indicate the nomination will be confirmed shortly.

I used to think this site represented a Junior High School level of irrelevant insults. I am revising my opinion downwards...

I have to agree. The quality of your posts is deteriorating.

BTW - did anyone who is ranting on this lack of disclosure pull this with GOP nominees? Did they note the legalities restraining this nominee?

As usual, checking under the hood (no pun intended, but if the shoe fits ....) reveals yet another shallow, hyper-partisan attack.

Is this where I act surprised?

Rumsfeld wasn't asked. Gee, I wonder why.

My guess is that it is because you are a lying sack of shit.

Not only was he asked, as is required by law, he provided them on time, and they are still available online.

https://www.opensecrets.org/pfds/candlook.php?CID=N99999981

Forum List

Back