Still Pissed About Jeb

There is no intent in the Constitution to provide for a political system that rewards elitism and division. President Trump is shaking the elites of both Parties off of their pedestals including the Bush and Clinton dynasties.
:clap::clap::clap:

Electing a guy that claims to be a billionaire is not "shaking the elites" of this country.

That's like thinking it is a good punishment to hit your kid as punishment for hitting other kids.

As a liberal, I have to admit that it's frankly a bit scary to imagine if Jeb Bush would have won the nomination, and were president now.
Imagine how much better shape the GOP would be in?

Had Jeb! won the nomination, Hillary would be president and Merrick would be a Supreme Court Justice instead of Gorsuch...so I suspect you are correct...things would be MUCH better for liberals if Jeb! had received the nomination...just like it was better for liberals when McCain and Romney were the nominees.

H. W. really shows his colors here. From him through Obama was an unfortunate series of globalist presidents. Let's not do that again.

Trump Is a ‘Blowhard,’ ‘I Don’t Like Him’ and I Voted for Hillary, George Bush Says in New Book

H.W. is 100% right. Trump is a blowhard. The derp state does not like the truth being told and Americans have similar words for Trump. Untrustworthy sexist, dishonest, reckless, thin-skinned and unstable to name a few. The Bushes are in line with the stable majority in this country.

Yep...The McCain's and the Romney's and the Bush's...that's over forever.

Those of us who held our noses and voted for those guys after they won the nomination...expecting the same support when our candidate won...well, we see what happened to our pseudo-conservative allies.

Fuck'em...they'll never win another national election.

lol, so now you're looking forward to what? Donald Trump Jr. as president someday?
It's like Papa Doc and Baby Doc. What fun.

Yep...The McCain's and the Romney's and the Bush's...that's over forever.

Those of us who held our noses and voted for those guys after they won the nomination...expecting the same support when our candidate won...well, we see what happened to our pseudo-conservative allies.

Fuck'em...they'll never win another national election.

lol, so now you're looking forward to what? Donald Trump Jr. as president someday?
It's like Papa Doc and Baby Doc. What fun.

You win today's best sort of obscure but spot on reference award!

As a liberal, I have to admit that it's frankly a bit scary to imagine if Jeb Bush would have won the nomination, and were president now.

Had Jeb! won the nomination, Hillary would be president and Merrick would be a Supreme Court Justice instead of Gorsuch...so I suspect you are correct...things would be MUCH better for liberals if Jeb! had received the nomination...just like it was better for liberals when McCain and Romney were the nominees.

Jeb Bush would have beaten Clinton. If you take Romney's totals from 2012 and applied them in 2016, that would have been around 262 EV.

There is no intent in the Constitution to provide for a political system that rewards elitism and division. President Trump is shaking the elites of both Parties off of their pedestals including the Bush and Clinton dynasties.
:clap::clap::clap:

That is why Trump's approvals are so low. George W Bush has higher approval ratings than Trump.

Five living Presidents and not a one has anything positive to say about Trump

Jeb Bush would have beaten Clinton. If you take Romney's totals from 2012 and applied them in 2016, that would have been around 262 EV.

Trump vs. Clinton was all about Trump scandals vs. Clinton scandals.

Bush vs. Clinton would have only been virtually all about Clinton scandals.

I think most 'politicians' are upset trump won.

Breaks up the monopoly they had on the office

Certainly the permanent political class, of which Presidents Bush 41 and 43, both of whom I like personally a great deal, are a part of, are going to try to undermine and/or destroy somebody who dares to shake up a status quo that has so greatly benefited THEM. The permanent political class has long been interested only in promoting their personal power, prestige, influence, wealth. The only difference between the parties is the constituencies they represent and they throw those constituencies just enough bones to keep us voting them into their very lucrative positions.

And add in the fact that Candidate Trump said something uncomplimentary about their family member, and it becomes even more personal.

Tacky of them to attack a sitting President.

But typical in a book written exactly for the purpose of doing that.

The irony of your statement is that in many ways Trump's life has been more politician-like than many politicians.

He's just displayed and utilized those characteristics in different settings and contexts.

One was weak, the other four globalists who contributed to the current dismal global condition and the diminishment of United States' influence on the world.

Trump is the correction.

H. W. really shows his colors here. From him through Obama was an unfortunate series of globalist presidents. Let's not do that again.

Trump Is a ‘Blowhard,’ ‘I Don’t Like Him’ and I Voted for Hillary, George Bush Says in New Book
Oh shame on him for having the decency, intelligence and care for his country not to want a narcissistic, mentally ill, deranged, incompetent, racist, perverted blowhard as US president. Shame, shame, shame.

Shame on him for being a Democrat in disguise.

Certainly the permanent political class, of which Presidents Bush 41 and 43, both of whom I like personally a great deal, are a part of, are going to try to undermine and/or destroy somebody who dares to shake up a status quo that has so greatly benefited THEM. The permanent political class has long been interested only in promoting their personal power, prestige, influence, wealth. The only difference between the parties is the constituencies they represent and they throw those constituencies just enough bones to keep us voting them into their very lucrative positions.

And add in the fact that Candidate Trump said something uncomplimentary about their family member, and it becomes even more personal.

They are abandoning lifelong party loyalties to make it clear

Trump is not suited to be President

One was weak, the other four globalists who contributed to the current dismal global condition and the diminishment of United States' influence on the world.

Trump is the correction.

It is Trump who is destroying long held alliances and surrendering American leadership around the world

They are abandoning lifelong party loyalties to make it clear

Trump is not suited to be President

Oh, far more than that. It's a personal vendetta. No authentic Republican would vote for Hillary Clinton. She is the antithesis of classical liberalism.

Forum List

Back