Strike for $15.00 an hour, Sub shop fires everybody

Mostly, because the real producers are working folks who watch the 1%er who don't produce jack shit take the fruits of their labors.

One more time. 1% control 43% of the wealth.

They do not produce 43% of the physical labor.

And in the absence of those with the resources to open and operate business, there is not need for labor.
You wanna know why more people with the means to start a business choose not to do so?
Because of pricks like you who feel as though a job and a set amount of money for the performance of said job, is an entitlement.
Because assholes like you demand they spend THEIR money to provide jobs then have to listen to malcontent jerks like you criticize every decision made by the owner.
So now you will reply with something stupid such as "well, we don't need people like that owning businesses."....Stow it. In fact, shove it.

Again, guy, jobs are not created by rich assholes starting businesses.

Jobs are created by consumers having demands.

Hence- good pay = more demand = more jobs.

It's really pretty simple. But you mopes on the right have convinced yourselves that the enterpenuer fairy will come down with his copy of Ayn Rand, and all we have to do is let them fuck working people just a little bit more, and prosperity happens.

And we've been doing it since that senile old fool Reagan, and it hasn't happened yet.

In fact, we had our best performance under Bill Clinton, who rose taxes and the minimum wage.
Well that is a pro union labor movement viewpoint.
Genius, if a product does not exist or a product garners no interest from the marketplace, there is no need for labor.
Products must be invented, marketed and then when the marketplace accepts them, only then is there a need for production.
Same goes for services.
Like it or not, labor is a commodity. And in many instances, labor is a cost and a liability.
Your blind loyalty to government is evident in that you believe a society can be taxed into prosperity. Newsflash, it has never happened. Nor will it ever.
You keep blaming Reagan for the downfall of big union labor.
Nice try. The fact is union membership peaked in the early 60's.
At that point union membership began a steady decline.

Joe and his legions of gloom and doom say "FUCK 'RICH' PEOPLE" as fast as their gums can move so why shouldn't the producers say FUCK LAZY POOR PEOPLE also?

Mostly, because the real producers are working folks who watch the 1%er who don't produce jack shit take the fruits of their labors.

They are taking all of the financial risks.
That is THEIR job.

No they don't provide 43% of the labor you are correct. What they do produce is 100% of the financing and the risk of opening a new business. Something the person being paid by the hour is producing exactly 0% of. Yet the hourly employee is guaranteed 100% OF THAT HE EARNED IN THAT HOUR. The investor is only guaranteed he has to pay that person for the hour and if he loses money well he's on the hook for that too.

It's the difference between someone willing to take a chance and someone just looking for a job.

So essentially, because they've managed to accumulate an inordinate share of the wealth, it's kind of okay that they cheat everyone else?

Really?
Two questions..
One, what is "an inordinate amount of wealth"?
Two, is it your conclusion that all workers are being cheated by the business owners?
Tell ya what....You really stepped into it. So take all the time you need to come up with something clever.

Actions have consequences. A sub shop in Chicago was the target of a recent protest of workers wanting $15.00 an hour. The shop fired everyone, three days before Christmas, en masse, everyone got the can.

That's the way to deal with these kinds of protests.

A Chicago sandwich shop has fired all its employees over email just days before Christmas.
Staff at Snarf's Sub Shop in River North received the bad news on Sunday night in a group email notifying them that the drastic action was effective immediately.
The company blamed 'increased competition and losses' for the firings.
Director of operations Doug Besant said in the email the restaurant will likely close for a month as they remodel and reconcept the business into a burger joint.

The River North Snarf's shop was closed for four days, from December 5 until December 8, as employees went on striking for higher wages and better benefits.
They joined workers of fast-food chains like McDonald's, Subway, Potbelly and others in a broader strike orchestrated by the Worker's Organizing Committee of Chicago.

They were going out of business even though the owners were barely paying their employees....so like putrid low lives they fired all of the employees through an email before Christmas, blame it on the strike and now they are attempting to change over to a burger joint. Sounds like a failed business trying to save face. Fuck em.

Another genius who has spent their entire working life feeling entitled.
Here's an idea. Take YOUR money strap on a set and open your own fucking business.
Pay your people whatever you deem appropriate.
BTW, if the store was going out of business anyway( your words) why on Earth would the employees NOT be let go?
As a business owner, would you keep paying workers for which you had no need?

Last edited:
Who answers consumers having demands?
A guy like Joe unwilling to take one cent out of his stingy back pocket or someone like me that is willing to risk his wealth to create jobs?
CAPITAL creates the jobs.
The demand is the reason capital flows.
Demand does not leave the country.
Capital does and IS.

Again, a capitalist is a parasite that has convinced you he's a vital organ.

No....YOU are the parasite. You look for a host, make demands of the host's resources and offer nothing in return.

[

So if you demand a hamburger that you can go buy that someone else makes for you where does it come from?
Who built the building that you buy it at?
A capitalist
Who bought the land the building sits on?
A capitalist
Who developed the land that the business is on?
A capitalist
Who raised the beef you are eating?
A capitalist
Who grew the potatoes and the vegetables your Happy Meal comes with?
A capitalist
Who put the money up for the franchise?
A capitalist
Who paved the parking lot there?
A capitalist

You live in a capitalist country. You claim to hate it here but you stay.
Because you are a catfish capitalist. You claim to be against capitalism all the while you bottom feed off of it.

Guy, all those things were done by WORKING PEOPLE.

The Capitalists just collected an inordinate share of the proceeds.
Nonsense.
Joe, your argument is a miserable failure.

Joe and his legions of gloom and doom say "FUCK 'RICH' PEOPLE" as fast as their gums can move so why shouldn't the producers say FUCK LAZY POOR PEOPLE also?

They are taking all of the financial risks.
That is THEIR job.

And they should be compensated FAIRLY for it.

43% of the wealth is not "fair" distribution. It's also kind of stupid, like what a third world country does.

Who answers consumers having demands?
A guy like Joe unwilling to take one cent out of his stingy back pocket or someone like me that is willing to risk his wealth to create jobs?
CAPITAL creates the jobs.
The demand is the reason capital flows.
Demand does not leave the country.
Capital does and IS.

No....YOU are the parasite. You look for a host, make demands of the host's resources and offer nothing in return.

Guy, I work 70 hours a week on two jobs. You guys are laughable..

Well, as tiring as it is to listen to shithead Republicans let us know how much they fucking hate working people...

In U.S., 71% Back Raising Minimum Wage

Seven in 10 Americans say they would vote "for" raising the minimum wage to $9 per hour if given the opportunity, while 27% would vote against such a bill. The proposal, made by President Barack Obama in his 2013 State of the Union speech, is backed by over 90% of Democrats and self-described liberals, and by over two-thirds of independents and moderates. Republicans are evenly split on the proposal, while conservatives tilt slightly in favor.

And if no one was out there willing to buy what your selling, your labor, where would you be?

Face it your labor is the commodity you are selling. If your skills are not valuable enough to fetch a premium then it's up to you to acquire the skills that will.

BTW stuffing sandwich meat between two pieces of bread is not a valued skill.

And if no one was out there willing to buy what your selling, your labor, where would you be?

Face it your labor is the commodity you are selling. If your skills are not valuable enough to fetch a premium then it's up to you to acquire the skills that will.

again, works on the assumption that they are doing me a favor by hiring me, not that I am doing them one by working for them.

Seriously, I am honestly starting to think Conservatism has devolved into a form of Stockholm Syndrome. You guys are sympathizing with your abusers. I don't know if it's funny or sad.

Yet you have found time to post 40,000 times on this message board in 2.5 years. Which comes to about 43 times a day. Amazing how much time you have for working 10 hours a day every day of the week.

I think you are full of it.

Workers have a right to protest. Owners have a right to terminate workers. The lesson here is that everyone is replaceable.

Yet you have found time to post 40,000 times on this message board in 2.5 years. Which comes to about 43 times a day. Amazing how much time you have for working 10 hours a day every day of the week.

I spend about two hours a day mocking you right wing fools... which is easy, you guys do half the work for me by being incredibly stupid to start with.

But yeah, the 70 hour a week thing is spot on. Sorry.

Workers have a right to protest. Owners have a right to terminate workers. The lesson here is that everyone is replaceable.

quite right. And when the workers go to the polls and vote in new laws that the owners have to comply with, tough titties on them, eh?

Here's why I find all right wing argument on the minimum wage to be kind of stupid.

Back in the 1990's, when we had Clinton and 3.9% unemployment and the worst thing we had to worry about was if the President was lying about getting a blow job (instead of lying about why 5000 soldiers got killed in the desert) they were paying teenagers $2.00 over the minimum wage to take some of these same jobs. So the idea that paying their current workers a fair wage will "break the bank" is laughable.

Last edited:
And in the absence of those with the resources to open and operate business, there is not need for labor.
You wanna know why more people with the means to start a business choose not to do so?
Because of pricks like you who feel as though a job and a set amount of money for the performance of said job, is an entitlement.
Because assholes like you demand they spend THEIR money to provide jobs then have to listen to malcontent jerks like you criticize every decision made by the owner.
So now you will reply with something stupid such as "well, we don't need people like that owning businesses."....Stow it. In fact, shove it.

Again, guy, jobs are not created by rich assholes starting businesses.

Jobs are created by consumers having demands.

Hence- good pay = more demand = more jobs.

It's really pretty simple. But you mopes on the right have convinced yourselves that the enterpenuer fairy will come down with his copy of Ayn Rand, and all we have to do is let them fuck working people just a little bit more, and prosperity happens.

And we've been doing it since that senile old fool Reagan, and it hasn't happened yet.

In fact, we had our best performance under Bill Clinton, who rose taxes and the minimum wage.
Well that is a pro union labor movement viewpoint.
Genius, if a product does not exist or a product garners no interest from the marketplace, there is no need for labor.
Products must be invented, marketed and then when the marketplace accepts them, only then is there a need for production.
Same goes for services.
Like it or not, labor is a commodity. And in many instances, labor is a cost and a liability.
Your blind loyalty to government is evident in that you believe a society can be taxed into prosperity. Newsflash, it has never happened. Nor will it ever.
You keep blaming Reagan for the downfall of big union labor.
Nice try. The fact is union membership peaked in the early 60's.
At that point union membership began a steady decline.

Joe is well aware of the fact that unions have been declining for a while. It's part of his bitterness, I would venture. Talk about bottom feeders, I'd venture further that at some point Joe "accumulated" his wealth as a union officer, paid union wages for sitting on his ass in some office while his brethren busted butt doing the hard work. Of course, as union membership waned, so did the trough of money the Joes had at their disposal.

[

Joe is well aware of the fact that unions have been declining for a while. It's part of his bitterness, I would venture. Talk about bottom feeders, I'd venture further that at some point Joe "accumulated" his wealth as a union officer, paid union wages for sitting on his ass in some office while his brethren busted butt doing the hard work. Of course, as union membership waned, so did the trough of money the Joes had at their disposal.

Actually, never belonged to a union. My dad did, and he got decent pay and decent medical coverage (which came in handy when he died at 56 from the asbestos a rich corporate asshole told him was totally safe to work with.)

But as long as you brought it up, the decline of unions has been shared by a decline in the middle class. This really isn't a good thing, but you dumb assholes sit there with your guns and your bibles and keep voting for the guys who screw you.

And so did I until about six years ago. Now I know better. Some of you never learn.

again, works on the assumption that they are doing me a favor by hiring me, not that I am doing them one by working for them.

Seriously, I am honestly starting to think Conservatism has devolved into a form of Stockholm Syndrome. You guys are sympathizing with your abusers. I don't know if it's funny or sad.

Joe might have been paid to work 70 hrs. but defiantly only worked much less like maybe 7
there is no way people like him are worth there salt .
He has no understanding that a job is the byproduct of a business and not the other way around.
No complaining union workers does. There are many good people who can advance in there skill or trade thru Deeds but collective bargaining holds them back--and were feasible the good ones branch off and start there own business.
I started as a Union construction worker in the 60's--went to war and came back to same career--(notice I said career something minimum wage advocates do not understand) back in Union and 4 years later started my own construction company.
I have recently retired and my 4 sons run the company. Trust me I had more than one disagreement with employee's that believe the business I started was there's.
Well my sons have not signed the new collective bargaining agreement because the construction business is so messed up right now there is no room for the unions greed--they want raises in this economy (avg worker get $40.00 per hr plus bennies)
If workers are worth their salt than right to work laws should be mandated by the federal government . And minimum wage would go away as you would get paid what you are worth.

Need this in schools also.

[

Joe might have been paid to work 70 hrs. but defiantly only worked much less like maybe 7
there is no way people like him are worth there salt .
He has no understanding that a job is the byproduct of a business and not the other way around.
No complaining union workers does. There are many good people who can advance in there skill or trade thru Deeds but collective bargaining holds them back--and were feasible the good ones branch off and start there own business.
I started as a Union construction worker in the 60's--went to war and came back to same career--(notice I said career something minimum wage advocates do not understand) back in Union and 4 years later started my own construction company.
I have recently retired and my 4 sons run the company. Trust me I had more than one disagreement with employee's that believe the business I started was there's.
Well my sons have not signed the new collective bargaining agreement because the construction business is so messed up right now there is no room for the unions greed--they want raises in this economy (avg worker get $40.00 per hr plus bennies)
If workers are worth their salt than right to work laws should be mandated by the federal government . And minimum wage would go away as you would get paid what you are worth.

Need this in schools also.

But here's the thing. WHY is the construction business so bad right now, dumbass?

Oh, could it be that after decades of union busting, outsourcing, not letting the minimum wage keep up with inflation, and so on, no one can afford to buy houses anymore? Especially when there are still so many foreclosed properties glutting the market...

Because dumb idiots really don't understand- CONSUMER DEMAND drives the economy, NOT the beneficience of business owners sniffing their own flatulence.

I spend about two hours a day mocking you right wing fools... which is easy, you guys do half the work for me by being incredibly stupid to start with.

But yeah, the 70 hour a week thing is spot on. Sorry.

More BS! It goes along with the BS that you are a Republican and on and on, you have been caught so many times making shit it, it isn't funny.

The only fool is you, when you have to lie all the time. Now get back to work! LOL!

Forum List

Back