ST's BP Rantings

Look...you have got nothing!!!! You have been beaten down in your own thread...just give it up....hell it's already been moved to the whacko ward conspiracy theory section. You lost.

PLease explain how. You claimed ex post facto would prohibit the liability limits from being raised on BP after the fact. I provided a Supreme Court case that proves otherwise. So please explain how I "lost". Does using facts mean I lose? Should I instead just make up in my head whatever I think the law sounds like it should be, like you and Cali?

PEOPLE DIED YOU DUMB FUCK!!!!! THERE WILL BE CRIMINAL CHARGES FILED!!!!!!!!
And now you're asserting that ever industrial accident that results in a death has a criminal act attached to it. You don't understand the law, at all, do you?

We are not discussing liability limits...we are discussing criminal negligence by the U.S. government engineer who gave the final approval for drilling operations to begin....thus incurring some liability to be shouldered by the government.
Keep searching through the left wing loon websites...you may yet find something that will save some face but at this point you're ship has sunk.
Engage brain before flapping gums.

We were discussing liability - just not in this thread. My bad.

And now you're asserting that ever industrial accident that results in a death has a criminal act attached to it. You don't understand the law, at all, do you?

There you go again...putting words in people's mouths that they NEVER SAID.

When you have a Congressional inquiry and the U.S. government engineer admits he DID NOT REVIEW SAFETY INSPECTION RECORDS PRIOR TO GIVING FINAL APPROVAL FOR DRILLING OPERATIONS TO BEGIN...I would say that there may be some criminal charges brought against someone at some point.
You don't have any common sense do you?
For violating what law? Last I checked failure to do your job wasn't automatically a crime.

Ditto.

Great, no nonsense post by Jason.

I agree with it 100%.

BP will pay and we will just wait and see if there is another Congressional hearing so they can rake the Govt engineers over the coals.

Ain't gonna hold my breath for that one though. LOL

Hey BP said they would pay,I guess they will. Corporations don't lie. They are also more concerned with protecting our coastline than turning a profit.;

Your absolutely right that corporations lie just like the government officials that they bribe. I live in southeast texas. I literally drive by the spot of one the first big oil strikes every single day. It is no secret down here as is there that bp does not have the best standards. I love to surf and fish. I know the oil is beginning to head this way and I am extremely pissed about it. However I do want every party that was involved in corrupt activity to be accountable. There is silver lining to this whole event that has changed my life. Instead of joining green peace and annoying tankers and taking out my anger that way. I have decided to change to a completely new career field and get my second degree in EE with emphasis on power grid design. Thats the best way I can help what exactly are you doing to help the situation? Are you volunteering?

Waiting to volunteer. No calls yet. The shit hasn't really hit hard yet, and I guess they don't want Joe Schmo who has only been out in the gulf a few times in his life setting up boom.

Much like in Katrina, the list of volunteers is probably huge. Unlike Katrina, I can't really think of a way to help independently without direction from an organized group. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Ever read his posts? He claims he is a astrophysics PHD candidate yet cannot follow a thread.... he often argues his own points. And he regularly talks in circles..... he is either high or a mental case...

Like I said. That was really lame.

Okay care to clarify who and or what you are calling lame? I mean its kinda vague there....

I am calling you lame for stating that someone who posts things you don't like is high on amphetamines.

It's a close second to the lameness perpetrated by posters on here who claim that people that post things they don't like have varying degrees of mental illness (for which most of their diagnosis have been made up by them).

Hey BP said they would pay,I guess they will. Corporations don't lie. They are also more concerned with protecting our coastline than turning a profit.;

Your absolutely right that corporations lie just like the government officials that they bribe. I live in southeast texas. I literally drive by the spot of one the first big oil strikes every single day. It is no secret down here as is there that bp does not have the best standards. I love to surf and fish. I know the oil is beginning to head this way and I am extremely pissed about it. However I do want every party that was involved in corrupt activity to be accountable. There is silver lining to this whole event that has changed my life. Instead of joining green peace and annoying tankers and taking out my anger that way. I have decided to change to a completely new career field and get my second degree in EE with emphasis on power grid design. Thats the best way I can help what exactly are you doing to help the situation? Are you volunteering?

Waiting to volunteer. No calls yet. The shit hasn't really hit hard yet, and I guess they don't want Joe Schmo who has only been out in the gulf a few times in his life setting up boom.

Much like in Katrina, the list of volunteers is probably huge. Unlike Katrina, I can't really think of a way to help independently without direction from an organized group. Any ideas?

I am sure there will be plenty of chances all along the gulf coast. I believe that's the right thing to do but I just disagree with you making this a partisan issue. I have been through 3 hurricanes in the past few years. Two major ones. Rita which was just after Katrina, I was extremely pleased by the way the military and government responded before the storm. They learned alot from Katrina and saved alot of peoples lives including mine. I was stuck on a highway with no gas and a tanker truck came by and filled us up. It allowed to get me and my family to safety. I never saw a news organization actually report this in a manner of thanking these people. You keep talking about Katrina and making it into a failure of the right wing when that is just untrue. It was a failure of government at all levels and all parties. You can't just pick and choose like this.

I am sure there will be plenty of chances all along the gulf coast. I believe that's the right thing to do but I just disagree with you making this a partisan issue. I have been through 3 hurricanes in the past few years. Two major ones. Rita which was just after Katrina, I was extremely pleased by the way the military and government responded before the storm. They learned alot from Katrina and saved alot of peoples lives including mine. I was stuck on a highway with no gas and a tanker truck came by and filled us up. It allowed to get me and my family to safety. I never saw a news organization actually report this in a manner of thanking these people. You keep talking about Katrina and making it into a failure of the right wing when that is just untrue. It was a failure of government at all levels and all parties. You can't just pick and choose like this.

As far as the oil spill, I'm not making this a partisan issue. Look back in my posts - I've neither blamed Democrats or Republicans for this. Its BP's fault.

And as far as Katrina, I've never denied the obviously inept response on the part of the city and state governments. Governor Blanco is one of the worst we've ever had. She's an idiot - I know this first hand. My Aunt, who is a senator in the arkansas state legislature, used her connections in Louisiana to give my wife and I a certificate of congratulations on our marriage from Governor Blanco herself - and one of the words on it is misspelled! (I forget which word, it wasn't our names though, it was a common word)

Like I said. Not quite the same thing as boats going around and fishing dead bodies out of eddies that used to be cul de sacs.

Probably didn't have a lot of houses with spray painted X's on them identifying how many bodies were inside.

There wouldn't have been that many dead bodies if they would have been smart enough to evacuate!

But I suppose it's Bush's fault.

Evacuate with what? Their feet? You're a fucking moron, piss off.

No you stupid fuck by bus. Didn't your Mayor order up buses to get you dumbass people out safely?

But no we can't blame a black Mayor for not doing his due diligence, it's easier to blame whitey!

I've been living on the gulf cost my entire life, when a hurricane is in the gulf I don't wait for someone to tell me when it's time to fucking leave. If it's a Cat. 2 or lower I stay home, Cat. 3 or higher I evacuate. You dumbasses in Louisiana are too fucking stupid to know when it's time to leave.

Officials with the City of New Orleans Office Of Emergency Preparedness make plans to deploy Regional Transit Authority buses and school buses to assist in the evacuation of the city’s estimated 134,000 residents who do not own cars. According to RTA spokeswoman Rosalind Cook, an RTA emergency plan would supply 64 buses and 10 lift vans to transport people, either out of town or to local shelters. Its largest buses hold about 60 people each. However, city officials emphasize that the city is overmatched: “It’s important to emphasize that we just don’t have the resources to take everybody out,” says New Orleans Emergency Preparedness Director Joseph Matthews. [Times-Picayune, 7/24/2005]

In July 2005, Cook will warn officials that only 100 RTA buses will likely be available for a possible evacuation because the RTA will need to continue its regular operations until shut down by a city curfew. Bus availability will be further limited by the number of volunteer drivers who would agree to drive them away, she says. Moreover, even if the RTA’s entire 364-bus fleet is deployed, it could evacuate only about 22,000 people—less than one-fifth of those needing transportation. [Times-Picayune, 7/8/2005]

There wouldn't have been that many dead bodies if they would have been smart enough to evacuate!

But I suppose it's Bush's fault.

Evacuate with what? Their feet? You're a fucking moron, piss off.

No you stupid fuck by bus.
You expect that people who don't own a car have a spare bus they can use? :cuckoo:
Didn't your Mayor order up buses to get you dumbass people out safely?
No, he didn't.
But no we can't blame a black Mayor for not doing his due diligence, it's easier to blame whitey!
If you want to blame a pro-business conservative like Nagin, go right ahead, its partly his fault anyway.
I've been living on the gulf cost my entire life, when a hurricane is in the gulf I don't wait for someone to tell me when it's time to fucking leave. If it's a Cat. 2 or lower I stay home, Cat. 3 or higher I evacuate. You dumbasses in Louisiana are too fucking stupid to know when it's time to leave.
Any time there's a cat 3 in the gulf? Wow, so you evacuated FIVE times in the 2005 hurricane season? May as well just have left for the whole season, wouldn't you say?

Last edited:

As far as the oil spill, I'm not making this a partisan issue. Look back in my posts - I've neither blamed Democrats or Republicans for this. Its BP's fault.

And as far as Katrina, I've never denied the obviously inept response on the part of the city and state governments. Governor Blanco is one of the worst we've ever had. She's an idiot - I know this first hand. My Aunt, who is a senator in the arkansas state legislature, used her connections in Louisiana to give my wife and I a certificate of congratulations on our marriage from Governor Blanco herself - and one of the words on it is misspelled! (I forget which word, it wasn't our names though, it was a common word)

But people are trying to make the point to you that its also the government's fault. They are absolutely right. Oversight should be taken very seriously. Which I am not advocating more oversight because I believe the structure is fine the way it is. From what I have read it wasn't reinforced because of obvious corruption. Which means they are just as negligent as the corporation breaking the rules.

But people are trying to make the point to you that its also the government's fault.

It is not the government's fault. The government does not own or operate the rig.
Which means they are just as negligent as the corporation breaking the rules.
You seem to be operating under the assumption that it is the government regulations which makes it unacceptable for BP to leak hundreds of thousands of gallons of crude oil into the Gulf. BP is not a 3 year old, the fact that a regulator missed something willfully or otherwise in no way shape or form absolves them from one iota of responsibility - unless you believe any action is morally acceptable so long as you don't get caught.. Government regulation is secondary to their primary responsibility as owners and/or operators.

Last edited:
But people are trying to make the point to you that its also the government's fault.

It is not the government's fault. The government does not own or operate the rig.
You seem to be operating under the assumption that it is the government regulations which makes it unacceptable for BP to leak hundreds of thousands of gallons of crude oil into the Gulf. BP is not a 3 year old, the fact that a regulator missed something willfully or otherwise in no way shape or form absolves them from one iota of responsibility - unless you believe any action is morally acceptable so long as you don't get caught.. Government regulation is secondary to their primary responsibility as owners and/or operators.

Well first off..there is no willingly or unwillingly about it..you don't miss something 100 times.. that is criminal negligence..second who gives bp the responsibility to drill in our waters?..how can you expect this to not occur again if there is no proper oversight?..there is more to this then just the whistle blower when it comes to the governments involvement..no BP is not a 3 year old but neither is the government..

Well first off..there is no willingly or unwillingly about it..you don't miss something 100 times.. that is criminal negligence..second who gives bp the responsibility to drill in our waters?.

No one has to "give" them the responsibility - they are the ones doing the drilling, the responsibility originates with them.

.how can you expect this to not occur again if there is no proper oversight?..

The answer is simple. Hire 10,000 lawyers. Sue the fuck out of BP on everything imaginable having to do with this accident. After confiscating the entire company and selling it off - the other oil companies will see that they have more than enough financial incentive to ensure that never happens to them.

That is the ONE thing companies understand. MONEY. That's it! Nothing else matters to them.

Its time to RAPE BP and make an example out of them.

Government regulation is secondary to their primary responsibility as owners and/or operators.

The primary responsibility of the rig owner is to operate the rig within the confines of the laws and regulations set down by the country they are operating in....in this case the United States. The regulatory body that issues the lease and licenses for that owner to operate that rig is responsible to the government and the public by insuring the rig is operated in a safe manner. When the inspectors and engineers fail to comply with regulations BY THEIR OWN ADMISSION and allow an UNSAFE RIG TO OPERATE they are negligent and should be charged accordingly.

That's the bottom line.....cost sharing and any other liability is left for the courts to decide.

No one has to "give" them the responsibility - they are the ones doing the drilling, the responsibility originates with them.
Wrong. BP just cannot start drilling willy nilly anywhere they want. They have to apply for and receive a lease and a license to operate. They must comply with rules and regulations set down in CFR's. The government is responsible to the public to insure the rig is operated in a safe manner....BP failed by not having a working blow out preventer. The government failed by ALLOWING DRILLING OPERATIONS to commence with an unsafe rig.

The facts that have come to light have caused me to change my thinking on the role of regulation with regards to this oil spill. If the current regulations were not being enforced - and it clearly wasn't just a one time slip up, which might be understandable - what makes us think future ones will?

Its time to do what the U.S. does better than any nation - use free market forces to get companies to self-regulate.

I propose the affected states in this disaster all chip in to hire a few thousand attorneys, investigators, paralegals, secretaries, and associated staff - and sue the fuck out of BP until they are no more. Force them to pay so much that the company gets confiscated and sold off.

This could be funded with a special tax that would be refunded with interest to the taxpayer when the case is won.

Once BP has been killed for their crime against nature - all the other companies won't need regulation to keep their shit in line. They will see that if they fuck up bad, they will simply be destroyed. That will be enough.

BP may be a big company, but the gulf states are bigger and we're meaner. Its time to push the fuckers back into the sea just like we did in 1815!!!

Last edited:
But I thought Obama made the final call?

Let's hold our own government to the same standards that we hold BP.

If BP as a corporation are guilty because some of their staff fucked up. Then the US government is responsible for a US Government employed engineer signing it off. Oops.

Why? Its BP's operation. Are companies abdicated from responsibility for their own operations simply because they have government inspectors looking over their backs sometimes? I think not. The point of government inspectors isn't to do your job for you, its to catch if you you're not doing your job. The fact they failed to catch you fucking up doesn't mean you are no longer responsible for the fuck up, that's pure stupidity that only someone like you would come up with. The safety of a rig is the ultimate responsibility of the companies involved with the rig, not the government.

Its analogous to blaming the police because someone broke into your house.

What if the police allowed someone to break into your house? How would you feel about that?

Like I said. That was really lame.

Okay care to clarify who and or what you are calling lame? I mean its kinda vague there....

I am calling you lame for stating that someone who posts things you don't like is high on amphetamines.

It's a close second to the lameness perpetrated by posters on here who claim that people that post things they don't like have varying degrees of mental illness (for which most of their diagnosis have been made up by them).

I said nothing about not liking what he posts in a real sense. I said he posts nonsense and can't follow the threads, and while he makes claims of a higher education, his demeanor and postings speak otherwise....

Now I call YOU lame for defending the known and undeniable little twerp, AND not being honest about what I say or what I mean....

Forum List

Back