ST's BP Rantings

Yeah. The government hiring thousands of attorneys to find ways to sue companies (when they have the power to make the most banal activity a crime) is really The Hallmark of a Free Market System.

Heh.

Yeah. The government hiring thousands of attorneys to find ways to sue companies (when they have the power to make the most banal activity a crime) is really The Hallmark of a Free Market System.

Heh.

So you think regulation is the answer?

Or do you just not have an answer?

Wait, lemme guess your answer, its something along the lines of "trust the corporation", right?

The result of the OPs great idea.... not one foreign business would do business with the US. Good luck with the resulting depression.

This is why some of us feel it is important to learn the principles of 'critical thinking'.

I have a better idea you miserable, ignorant mass of jackassery.

I vote petroleum companies pull out of the gulf all together and then the only job you all have down there is holding the lighting for Girls Gone Wild Mardi Gras photographers.

1550.gif
~BH

I'll give you some credit. You are heading more in the right direction.

Regulation won't solve problems. Regulation doesnt make people honest. And dishonest people have about a million ways to go around regulations.

Using the free market for them to self regulate is a fabulous idea. But the idea that they aren't already paying for it out the wazoo is ridiculous. You want to put them out of business? Because of an accident? How does putting them out of business clean things up? How does putting one of the companies leading the way in alternative energy prevent oil spills from happening in the future?

How does losing American jobs with a company with a somewhat clean record in favor of Chinese companies drilling in the gulf without safety standards and absolutely no care about environmental impact in the gulf help?

You need to let go of the bitterness. Accidents happen. Even bad ones. Stop trying to punish people and just fix the problem.

The facts that have come to light have caused me to change my thinking on the role of regulation with regards to this oil spill. If the current regulations were not being enforced - and it clearly wasn't just a one time slip up, which might be understandable - what makes us think future ones will?

One time "slip up" of government? Are you serious?

Its time to do what the U.S. does better than any nation - use free market forces to get companies to self-regulate.
As they should. As any company should. The people whom use their products/services are big boys and girls and can make those distinctions...that is if they haven't been dumbed-down by a gubmint edumicashun...
I propose the affected states in this disaster all chip in to hire a few thousand attorneys, investigators, paralegals, secretaries, and associated staff - and sue the fuck out of BP until they are no more. Force them to pay so much that the company gets confiscated and sold off.
What do you think the intent of Obama, his Statist pals, and the trial Lawyers look for? Now work this into ANY business where insurance rates are so high due to liability...frivilous lawsuits and the like are concerned? Guess why Medical costs are high? [Hello healthcare]?

This could be funded with a special tax that would be refunded with interest to the taxpayer when the case is won.
You're Dreaming. Since when has ANY government TAX been paid back with interest? How about your TAX 'Refund' eh? People think they're getting something from the Government for FREE. NO. They lent the government MONEY with NO interest. Try again.
Once BP has been killed for their crime against nature - all the other companies won't need regulation to keep their shit in line. They will see that if they fuck up bad, they will simply be destroyed. That will be enough.
They're already subject to this. So what's NEW? Answer? ZERO point ZERO.

BP may be a big company, but the gulf states are bigger and we're meaner. Its time to push the fuckers back into the sea just like we did in 1815!!!

Whatever the Hell this is supposed to mean. And whatever you're smoking? Keep on keepin' on. It serves you well...[NOT].

The facts that have come to light have caused me to change my thinking on the role of regulation with regards to this oil spill. If the current regulations were not being enforced - and it clearly wasn't just a one time slip up, which might be understandable - what makes us think future ones will?

Its time to do what the U.S. does better than any nation - use free market forces to get companies to self-regulate.

I propose the affected states in this disaster all chip in to hire a few thousand attorneys, investigators, paralegals, secretaries, and associated staff - and sue the fuck out of BP until they are no more. Force them to pay so much that the company gets confiscated and sold off.

This could be funded with a special tax that would be refunded with interest to the taxpayer when the case is won.

Once BP has been killed for their crime against nature - all the other companies won't need regulation to keep their shit in line. They will see that if they fuck up bad, they will simply be destroyed. That will be enough.

BP may be a big company, but the gulf states are bigger and we're meaner. Its time to push the fuckers back into the sea just like we did in 1815!!!
ROFLMNAO...

Where ANYONE in the US has ANY chance to show that they've been damaged by BP... at any level... you can rest assured that there's an attorney standing by, ready and willing to see to it that they have their day in court.

BP is a big company with TONS of coin... but legal principles aren't subject to being shut out by deep pockets... and anyone that can show that they were injured by the actions of BP will have no problem getting what is hustly coming to them.

What's noteworthy here is that IF the left ever nationalizes the Oil Industry, such injured individuals will NOT have the means to be made whole... thus proving once again the fallacious, regressive nature of Leftism, on the whole.

The biggest threat to the little guy... is that Leftism will prevail, precluding their means to take on their adversary...

Last edited:

ROFLMNAO...

Where ANYONE in the US has ANY chance to show that they've been damaged by BP... at any level... you can rest assured that there's an attorney standing by, ready and willing to see to it that they have their day in court.

BP is a big company with TONS of coin... but legal principles aren't subject to being shut out by deep pockets... and anyone that can show that they were injured by the actions of BP will have no problem getting what is hustly coming to them.

What's noteworthy here is that IF the left ever nationalizes the Oil Industry, such injured individuals will NOT have the means to be made whole... thus proving once again the fallacious, regressive nature of Leftism, on the whole.

The biggest threat to the little guy... is that Leftism will prevail, precluding their means to take on their adversary...

Yep. Just TRY to Sue 'Big Government'...

Now I call YOU lame for defending the known and undeniable little twerp, AND not being honest about what I say or what I mean....

Wow.

That really hurts.

Not really. I don't give a fuck.

As for honesty: You accused him of being a meth head. Quite trying to shimmy out of your lame attempts at a smear.

If you'd been paying attention to his posts, you'd know he's a pothead and not a meth head.

Last edited:
Now I call YOU lame for defending the known and undeniable little twerp, AND not being honest about what I say or what I mean....

Wow.

That really hurts.

Not really. I don't give a fuck.

As for honesty: You accused him of being a meth head. Quite trying to shimmy out of your lame attempts at a smear.

If you'd been paying attention to his posts, you'd know he's a pothead and not a meth head.

pot head, meth head, with him its the same result... He's still a little twerp trying to fake his way through..... Oh don't worry no one is shimmying, I say he is a juvenile little troll as well....

If you don't give a fuck why make it an issue to show your ass about it? Or do you just want to be a douchebag or the hell of it?

Do you think this strategy will stop the Chinese & the Brazilians from teaming up with Cuba to drill in the gulf?

Do you think the Chinese & Brazilians will adhere to American regulations?

Do their legal systems allow you to "sue the fuck" out of them?

Are the gulf states bigger then the Chinese & Brazilian governments? Are they "meaner"?

Do you really think you can "kill" China & Brazil for their "crimes against nature"? Do you really think the gulf states can "push the fuckers back into the sea"?

They tried that before.

Ask a librarian why OSHA and child labour laws were passed in the first place.

Some are trying.

As long as all the oil companies and the countries they are based in don't gang up on you. Think along the lines of NO OIL for a year or more. How is the strategy going now?

Forum List

Back