ST's BP Rantings

Is that why you whine with the neg rep button so much you ass kissing ****? You don't even have the honesty to admit you posted a pic of someone else so you wouldn't have to show your fat ass.

You're deluded. What a fucking freak. Prove it..... go ahead.... I'll wait..... for a looooong time cuz you won't be able to prove shit that ain't true.

You're contradicting yourself again fatass.

I'd rather have a fatass than a fathead, moron.

So, let's have the evidence of your accusation then.... otherwise, the board is gonna have to label you as a liar.

I'd rather have an ignore feature than a negative rep one. Although that comes in handy too some days.

How could this be regulated? Legislation is a waste of time and there are so many worlds between the execs and ground zero that people are always going to take a huge risk. It seems the only hope of encouraging self regulation is to impose high penalties such as decades long prison terms....and none of that Lay-man shit where they still walk around free after being convicted.

Board structure and corporate governance are regulated and legislated at the exchanges and the state level. Laws and regulations can be passed which give shareholders more power to shareholders to control boards. The Scandinavian countries do this very well. There are several pro-shareholder initiatives in front of Congress and the SEC right now, and executives are fighting it tooth and nail because it removes power - and thus their power to effect their own compensation - away from them to shareholders.

That doesn't mean we wouldn't have an oil spill like we had in the Gulf. Sometimes shareholders' interests are at odds with the interests of the nation at large. I'm merely trying to disabuse the notion that companies will always act to maintain their reputation.

How could this be regulated? Legislation is a waste of time and there are so many worlds between the execs and ground zero that people are always going to take a huge risk. It seems the only hope of encouraging self regulation is to impose high penalties such as decades long prison terms....and none of that Lay-man shit where they still walk around free after being convicted.

Board structure and corporate governance are regulated and legislated at the exchanges and the state level. Laws and regulations can be passed which give shareholders more power to shareholders to control boards. The Scandinavian countries do this very well. There are several pro-shareholder initiatives in front of Congress and the SEC right now, and executives are fighting it tooth and nail because it removes power - and thus their power to effect their own compensation - away from them to shareholders.

That doesn't mean we wouldn't have an oil spill like we had in the Gulf. Sometimes shareholders' interests are at odds with the interests of the nation at large. I'm merely trying to disabuse the notion that companies will always act to maintain their reputation.

I'm aware of legislation that has been in place for board structures, trading regulations, etc. I was speaking specifically to the point of execs acting out of personal interest. Legislation in favor of more shareholder Rights is obviously a step in a better direction but is it the best direction? How can it be restructured to remove consolidated power to effectively negate the current de facto plutocracy without encroaching Communism?

As for companies always acting out of PR reasons...who the hell would buy that? Many corporations, including the Catholic church, have been operating above the law for decades. I fear some suspect if a large business is still legally in business that it must be proof they have complied with the law.

I'm aware of legislation that has been in place for board structures, trading regulations, etc. I was speaking specifically to the point of execs acting out of personal interest. Legislation in favor of more shareholder Rights is obviously a step in a better direction but is it the best direction? How can it be restructured to remove consolidated power to effectively negate the current de facto plutocracy without encroaching Communism?

As for companies always acting out of PR reasons...who the hell would buy that? Many corporations, including the Catholic church, have been operating above the law for decades. I fear some suspect if a large business is still legally in business that it must be proof they have complied with the law.

Oh look, liar boy is ignoring my request to back up his accusations. :lol::lol::lol: I am shocked! Who would have thought that liar boy would not have the evidence to back up his shit? :eek:

A good answer to the problem Toro. Give a company the tools to effectively self regulate.

I don't think you will ever get executives to act first and foremost out of their personal interests. I think its better to get their interests aligned with shareholders and those of shareholders and executives aligned as best we can with society's at large. Usually, society's best interests are the self-interests of individuals, but sometimes they are not. I don't really know what the answers to that are. I think moral suasion is a powerful tool, but I believe that the increase in self-interest has obviated moral suasion over the past decades.

Today, its not the oil companies that rule America. It is Wall Street. And Wall Street will totally fuck you over for a dollar. It wasn't always like that on Wall Street. Its always been a greedy place, but at least there was some self-awareness several decades ago. Wall Street is now run by traders, and traders don't give a shit. Now that Wall Street has risen to the pinnacle of American society, we have adopted their ethics and standards. If moral suasion doesn't work, then there is always prison.

I don't want to sound too much like a moralizing lecturer. Corporations generally produce far, far more good than bad. And my guess is that when we get to the bottom of this oil spill, we will find a failure of operating procedures at BP coupled with a culture of lax oversight and cutting costs as the primary culprits in this disaster. But the incentives at the very top of corporate America are often mis-aligned.

You're deluded. What a fucking freak. Prove it..... go ahead.... I'll wait..... for a looooong time cuz you won't be able to prove shit that ain't true.

You're contradicting yourself again fatass.

I'd rather have a fatass than a fathead, moron.

So, let's have the evidence of your accusation then.... otherwise, the board is gonna have to label you as a liar.
the board has already labeled him a fucking moronic idiot

Huh, haven't seen spuddytuber in 24 hours. Either he's hiding, banned or I'm just not interested in looking hard enough. :lol:

Cali Twit is pissed because someone (me) called her a whore.

Fuck man........the way she brown noses and whores for rep should be a clue. I've found that a lot of times a persons personality on a board pretty much reflects what they're like in life.

Cali Twit is a clueless rep whore. By the way bitch, why do I need a lawyer? You gonna pull up the whole slander thing? Go ahead. Waste your money.

Oh look, liar boy is ignoring my request to back up his accusations. :lol::lol::lol: I am shocked! Who would have thought that liar boy would not have the evidence to back up his shit? :eek:

Keep contradicting yourself fatass.

Do you actually know what the word 'contradicting' means? Cuz I haven't.... but you have lied. And by refusing to provide evidence to the contrary, you make yourself look even more of a pathetic little loser than you started out as... and that is impressive.

Gee, we can't even get Curvelight to admit the truth. Yet many think a big corporation with full time paid attorneys are suppose to just be totally honest. Harder than it looks huh?

Gee, we can't even get Curvelight to admit the truth. Yet many think a big corporation with full time paid attorneys are suppose to just be totally honest. Harder than it looks huh?

Hell will freeze over before that cretin has the courage to admit she was wrong. She is an example of what happens when children are not taught morals.

Cali Twit is pissed because someone (me) called her a whore.

Fuck man........the way she brown noses and whores for rep should be a clue. I've found that a lot of times a persons personality on a board pretty much reflects what they're like in life.

Cali Twit is a clueless rep whore. By the way bitch, why do I need a lawyer? You gonna pull up the whole slander thing? Go ahead. Waste your money.

Ahhhhh, bless your little brain. You missed the point, again. You're a sweetie, seriously. You're growing on me.

Bankrupting you wouldn't be a waste of money, my sweet. It would be a laugh.

Last edited:

Do you actually know what the word 'contradicting' means? Cuz I haven't.... but you have lied. And by refusing to provide evidence to the contrary, you make yourself look even more of a pathetic little loser than you started out as... and that is impressive.

You need it spelled out. You are always saying I'm stupid, moronic, and a liar. If you believe those things why do you care that I point out you posted a false pic of yourself? There must be some level of truth or you wouldn't care.

A lot like when I guessed you're nothing but a snobby American living in Europe on a trust fund pretending to be a writer.

Look sweety, your ability to make Big Ben disappear with one butt cheek doesn't mean you can hide from the Truth. Cheers!

Forum List

Back