Student sues school for persecution

Tough, Dekster. Cidney had every right to do as she did, and now the court is going to smack the school district hard, which is going to have to pay her full ride at UC Boulder.
Tough that the school district allowing a group to hand out Bibles at another school two years ago where she was not in attendance won't buy her a bus ticket to UC anywhere
What the fuck are you babbling about? She was in attendance. She would have been a sophomore. Further, the school district allowing Christians to pass out their Bibles on campus was a clear violation of the First Amendment. Kudos to her for calling it out. And shame on the school district for not doing anything when she got death threats from her fellow students for calling it out.

She was not in attendance at a middle school two years ago if she graduated last year. The school district allowed her to pass out her anti-religion pamphlets. She has a history of hospitalization for mental issues. A lot of what is being alleged in the OP article as being linked to her religion had nothing to do with the Bible issue but her perpetual drama like trying to stage a one-person pro-abortion protest in her classes. She is now in college claiming she could have gotten into better schools and gotten scholarships to those better schools but for her persecution when it sounds like she was nutty as a fruit cake.
You are making stuff up about her now.

Have not made up a thing. The OP article is not the only one on the internet about this case. More importantly, you should read what her lawsuit says before you pretend to know what she herself has alleged. Almost every article you find on the atheist vs. religion feud should be deep dived if you really want to know the truth and not just have your panties ruffled.

If you're not making stuff up, then post the link to the article you read. Then we'll believe you,

Tough that the school district allowing a group to hand out Bibles at another school two years ago where she was not in attendance won't buy her a bus ticket to UC anywhere
What the fuck are you babbling about? She was in attendance. She would have been a sophomore. Further, the school district allowing Christians to pass out their Bibles on campus was a clear violation of the First Amendment. Kudos to her for calling it out. And shame on the school district for not doing anything when she got death threats from her fellow students for calling it out.

She was not in attendance at a middle school two years ago if she graduated last year. The school district allowed her to pass out her anti-religion pamphlets. She has a history of hospitalization for mental issues. A lot of what is being alleged in the OP article as being linked to her religion had nothing to do with the Bible issue but her perpetual drama like trying to stage a one-person pro-abortion protest in her classes. She is now in college claiming she could have gotten into better schools and gotten scholarships to those better schools but for her persecution when it sounds like she was nutty as a fruit cake.

Have not made up a thing. The OP article is not the only one on the internet about this case. More importantly, you should read what her lawsuit says before you pretend to know what she herself has alleged. Almost every article you find on the atheist vs. religion feud should be deep dived if you really want to know the truth and not just have your panties ruffled.

If you're not making stuff up, then post the link to the article you read. Then we'll believe you,

I am not doing your research for you. particularly considering your bias for ignorance.

I am not doing your research for you. particularly considering your bias for ignorance.

You made it up. I've done lots of searching, and there is nothing out there that confirms what you said.

On the plus side, Hemant Mehta posted it on his blog. That always garners a lot of attention. That school is going to start feeling some serious scrutiny, as it should.

Tough, Dekster. Cidney had every right to do as she did, and now the court is going to smack the school district hard, which is going to have to pay her full ride at UC Boulder.

I stand corrected. So, if she saw someone molesting a middle school student, well, since she was not "in attendance", she should just keep her mouth shut, right? Or, if she sees a middle school student being bullied, or beaten up? Should just keep her foul, nosy mouth shut, right? Or is it just violating the constitutional protections of middle school students that you feel she had no right to speak out against, since she was no longer a student in the middle school?

Do you even see how absurd your complaint is? Actually it all had to do with exposing the many ways that the school district was violating the first amendment, which Fisk was not afraid to call out, for which she was being persecuted. You just think that, because she is an atheist - and atheist is not a religion, genius - she should, for some reason, not have the right to speak out against the violation of Constitutional protections.

I'm guessing if he's not making it up, his source is gonna be something like CBN. Because, you know, an overtly Christian site wouldn't have any reason to slant a story in defence of an agenda, or anything...

Translation - "I am completely full of shit," You are dismissed.

You made it up. I've done lots of searching, and there is nothing out there that confirms what you said.

you are incorrect. Perhaps you should change your search term to just include her name

As if you have any authority. As for people full of shit, you should read what she alleges, particularly in relation to the conspiracy to keep her out of the National Honor Society which requires members to be cooperative, show courtesy, concern, and respect for others. She pretty much tanks that argument with her own statements of fact.

Meanwhile, speaking of deep dives, here is a pretty detailed article from the Denver Post - which says none of the bullshit that Dekster is spewing. Picture that.

And here is the local Fox channel coverage of the story. Also no mention of the bullshit Dekster was spewing.

And, finally from the extremely reputable Law Newz, this is their version.

Like I said, if there are any versions of the story that Dekster is quoting, I can promise you they are from a Christian apologist site with an agenda to support.

you are incorrect. Perhaps you should change your search term to just include her name
I did. And I includied the sites I found.

Meanwhile, speaking of deep dives, here is a pretty detailed article from the Denver Post - which says none of the bullshit that Dekster is spewing. Picture that.

And here is the local Fox channel coverage of the story. Also no mention of the bullshit Dekster was spewing.

Like I said, if there are any versions of the story that Dekster is quoting, I can promise you they are from a Christian apologist site with an agenda to support.

Or from the local paper when the lawsuit was filed......

As if you have any authority. As for people full of shit, you should read what she alleges, particularly in relation to the conspiracy to keep her out of the National Honor Society which requires members to be cooperative, show courtesy, concern, and respect for others. She pretty much tanks that argument with her own statements of fact.
Sure. Because speaking out against injustice is "disrespectful". But, Christians refusing to do business with same sex couple, I'm sure you're perfectly okay with that, right?

I did. And I includied the sites I found.

Keep cherry picking sources.

Sure. Because speaking out against injustice is "disrespectful". But, Christians refusing to do business with same sex couple, I'm sure you're perfectly okay with that, right?

I was punished for staging a demonstration in class shows cooperation, courtesy, concern and respect for whom exactly?

Or from the local paper when the lawsuit was filed......
None of which portray Fisk in the manner you keep insisting that they do.

It's pathetic when people sue a school for not controlling students personal life.
While i think losing grades for it is just as pathetic, It's hard to believe her.
Punishing innocent people is dishonest and cowardly.
Good luck proving they changed your grades for being an atheist
Okay. Let's be clear. She isn't suing the school district for prosleytising, or bringing religious indoctrinators into her school. She wrote articles, and protested those actions.

She is suing because, as punishment for her daring to speak out against these infractions of Constitutional protections, the school punished her, and tried to dimish her post-high school opportunities.
The article clearly stated she was suing the school

I was punished for staging a demonstration in class shows cooperation, courtesy, concern and respect for whom exactly?
Women who want to have a choice in what to do with their bodies. It also shows an interest in community, and civics, as well as leadership. Just because you don't happen to like what they were protesting, doesn't make their protest "disrespectful".

It's pathetic when people sue a school for not controlling students personal life.
While i think losing grades for it is just as pathetic, It's hard to believe her.
Punishing innocent people is dishonest and cowardly.
Good luck proving they changed your grades for being an atheist
Okay. Let's be clear. She isn't suing the school district for prosleytising, or bringing religious indoctrinators into her school. She wrote articles, and protested those actions.

She is suing because, as punishment for her daring to speak out against these infractions of Constitutional protections, the school punished her, and tried to dimish her post-high school opportunities.
The article clearly stated she was suing the school
I'm not disputing that she is suing the school. I am disputing your characterisation of why she is suing them.

Women who want to have a choice in what to do with their bodies. It also shows an interest in community, and civics, as well as leadership. Just because you don't happen to like what they were protesting, doesn't make their protest "disrespectful".

I can only assume that you were not part of the National Honor Society selection process or else you would know that making incessant social media posts attacking the school and criticizing it in the newspaper generally are not pluses. Anyway, her crack team of personal injury lawyers should have no problem getting her billions of dollars on a first amendment allegation, especially the part where she wasn't allowed to write religion articles for the school newspaper after she herself had railed against the school for allowing religion in its doors.

Forum List

Back