Student sues school for persecution

Translation - "I am completely full of shit," You are dismissed.

As if you have any authority. As for people full of shit, you should read what she alleges, particularly in relation to the conspiracy to keep her out of the National Honor Society which requires members to be cooperative, show courtesy, concern, and respect for others. She pretty much tanks that argument with her own statements of fact.
Sure. Because speaking out against injustice is "disrespectful". But, Christians refusing to do business with same sex couple, I'm sure you're perfectly okay with that, right?

I was punished for staging a demonstration in class shows cooperation, courtesy, concern and respect for whom exactly?
Women who want to have a choice in what to do with their bodies. It also shows an interest in community, and civics, as well as leadership. Just because you don't happen to like what they were protesting, doesn't make their protest "disrespectful".

I can only assume that you were not part of the National Honor Society selection process or else you would know that making incessant social media posts attacking the school and criticizing it in the newspaper generally are not pluses. Anyway, her crack team of personal injury lawyers should have no problem getting her billions of dollars on a first amendment allegation, especially the part where she wasn't allowed to write religion articles for the school newspaper after she herself had railed against the school for allowing religion in its doors.
I have to wonder if you are this dismissive about a baker who doesn't feel like baking a cake. Because you seem awfully dismissive of someone who was targetted by her school district for doing exactly what a good citizen should do - see violations of Constitutional protections, and speak out against them, be involved in politics, and issues around them, and speak out in favour of others.

I can only assume that you are being so dismissive, and aggressive because it pisses you off that she was opposing your religion.

Last edited:
My guess is her grades were lowered in government because she was an incessant whinner about religion. We had a black girl in history class who always tried to turn everything into a race thing. Teacher finally stopped calling on her even if hers was only hand up when he asked a question which was, of course, racist in her mind.
So here speaking out about unconstitutional and offensive, in you face proselytizing is "whining".?? Then, the teacher who stupidly said that transgender people should be castrated, and the administrators who allowed bibles to be handed out are doing what?

Tough, Dekster. Cidney had every right to do as she did, and now the court is going to smack the school district hard, which is going to have to pay her full ride at UC Boulder.

Because you were there and know the entire story, right, Jake?

See, this is what religious persecution looks like. When Christian students start having their grades affected, and their futures put in jeopardy because they dare to voice their opinions, and support the Constitution, then Christians will have a valid argument.

Apparently, you haven't stepped on a college campus in a long time.

See, this is what religious persecution looks like. When Christian students start having their grades affected, and their futures put in jeopardy because they dare to voice their opinions, and support the Constitution, then Christians will have a valid argument.

Apparently, you haven't stepped on a college campus in a long time.
Really? Which college is screwing with students' grades because their Christians? Source please.

The folks at Delta County High School, on Colorado's Western Slope, are learning what can happen when you mess with Cidney Fisk. The teen is suing the public school and a slew of other related individuals and entities in United States District Court, alleging that her identity as an atheist and criticism of activities such as allowing a Christian group to hand out Bibles on one district campus resulted in a wide range of discriminatory acts, including the arbitrary lowering of her marks in a student government class....

Fisk's accomplishments at Delta High were considerable. During her senior year, she earned a 4.1 grade-point average and scored an impressive 26 on her ACT. She also served as student body treasurer and captain of her high school's frequently honored speech and debate team; worked on the school magazine, the Delta Paw Print; and logged more than 400 hours of community service on behalf of organizations such as UNICEF and the Junior Kiwanis Key Club....

...over time, she made her atheism known and began to criticize some of the overtly Christian proselytizing allowed by numerous Delta High staffers, not to mention members of the county school board, including Kathy Svenson, who was quoted at an October 2013 meeting as expressing her belief that "transgender students should be castrated."

Other examples: The district allowed Gideons International to pass out free Bibles to middle school students in 2015 and 2016, let instructor Dan Dunham hold extracurricular Bible study classes under the moniker "Donuts With Dunham," and extended a speaking invitation to Chad Williams, author of a book called SEAL of God.

When Fisk dared to speak out, and oppose such indoctrination of fellow students by Christian activists, the school lashed out:

After Fisk criticized these activities in an April 2016 article published in the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel, she received numerous death threats via message boards on Facebook from other students — but the lawsuit alleges that the school district "did nothing at all in response." On top of that, the suit states that her student government grade was lowered from a 98 to a 70, and her marks were changed to F's in other classes in which she'd previously racked up near-perfect scores.

In explaining the reason behind these changes, school personnel are quoted in the suit as citing Fisk's "questioning of authority" and telling her that she'd been highly disrespectful by saying how she felt about religious matters. They told her that when it came to her beliefs, she should "shut up" and "fake it until she makes it" rather than "stirring the pot."

Here's What Can Happen When You Mess With a Super-Smart Teen Atheist

As if you have any authority. As for people full of shit, you should read what she alleges, particularly in relation to the conspiracy to keep her out of the National Honor Society which requires members to be cooperative, show courtesy, concern, and respect for others. She pretty much tanks that argument with her own statements of fact.
Sure. Because speaking out against injustice is "disrespectful". But, Christians refusing to do business with same sex couple, I'm sure you're perfectly okay with that, right?

I was punished for staging a demonstration in class shows cooperation, courtesy, concern and respect for whom exactly?
Women who want to have a choice in what to do with their bodies. It also shows an interest in community, and civics, as well as leadership. Just because you don't happen to like what they were protesting, doesn't make their protest "disrespectful".

I can only assume that you were not part of the National Honor Society selection process or else you would know that making incessant social media posts attacking the school and criticizing it in the newspaper generally are not pluses. Anyway, her crack team of personal injury lawyers should have no problem getting her billions of dollars on a first amendment allegation, especially the part where she wasn't allowed to write religion articles for the school newspaper after she herself had railed against the school for allowing religion in its doors.
I have to wonder if you are this dismissive about a baker who doesn't feel like baking a cake. Because you seem awfully dismissive of someone who was targetted by her school district for doing exactly what a good citizen should do - see violations of Constitutional protections, and speak out against them, be involved in politics, and issues around them, and speak out in favour of others.

I can only assume that you are being so dismissive, and aggressive because it pisses you off that she was opposing your religion.

I see nothing wrong with a group handing out free Bibles at a school. The school didn't pay for them. The Bible is a classic book, it certainly isn't Splendor in the Grass. No one is twisting anyone's arm to take a Bible. As Liberals are always saying, "If you don't like the program change the channel!" If she didn't want a free Bible she didn't have to take one. And if her marks are not that good. She should study more and quit trying to blame others for her own failures.

Last edited:

I see nothing wrong with a group handing out free Bibles at a school. The school didn't pay for them. The Bible is a classic book, it certainly isn't Splendor in the Grass. No one is twisting anyone's arm to take a Bible. As Liberals are always saying, "If you don't like the program change the channel!" If she didn't want a free Bible she didn't have to take one. And if her marks are not that good. She should study more and quit trying to blame others for her own failures.
Jesus Fucking Christ. They were allowed onto government property in order to proselytizing. !! At the same time, this girl is being punished for objecting to it. If you don't see a problem with that, there is something missing between your ears

Jesus Fucking Christ. They were allowed onto government property in order to proselytizing. !! At the same time, this girl is being punished for objecting to it. If you don't see a problem with that, there is something missing between your ears
Wouldn't have put it quite so forcefully, but...yeah. I have to say, I wonder if the people taking this position would have been quite so cavalier had it been a group handing out the Satanic Bible, or the Quran.

___ ___ ___. They were allowed onto government property in order to proselytizing. !! At the same time, this girl is being punished for objecting to it. If you don't see a problem with that, there is something missing between your ears
I object to your foul language and disrespect you demonstrate toward my religious beliefs; however, I wont sue you over it. If it had been a gay rights group passing out proselytizing literature --- sorry, I mean seeking an open forum --- would this young lady and I assume her parents have been quite so patriotic? PS> PUBLIC property doesn't belong to the government. It belongs to all citizens. Everyone's taxes in the community paid for the property under question.---- including Christians.

Part of an excellent education is being taught that throughout life one is going to disagree with the opinions of others; however, one needs to be always respectful and sometime remain reticent or one will be in danger of promoting anarchy. Open discussion and not exclusion is the best way to reveal error of both judgement and behavior.

Last edited:

___ ___ ___. They were allowed onto government property in order to proselytizing. !! At the same time, this girl is being punished for objecting to it. If you don't see a problem with that, there is something missing between your ears
I object to your foul language and disrespect you demonstrate toward my religious beliefs; however, I wont sue you over it. If it had been a gay rights group passing out proselytizing literature --- sorry, I mean seeking an open forum --- would this young lady and I assume her parents have been quite so patriotic? PS> PUBLIC property doesn't belong to the government. It belongs to all citizens. Everyone's taxes in the community paid for the property under question.---- including Christians.

Part of an excellent education is being taught that throughout life one is going to disagree with the opinions of others; however, one needs to be always respectful and sometime remain reticent or one will be in danger of promoting anarchy. Open discussion and not exclusion is the best way to reveal error of both judgement ans behavior.
Read the fucking constitution!

Part of an excellent education is being taught that throughout life one is going to disagree with the opinions of others; however, one needs to be always respectful and sometime remain reticent or one will be in danger of promoting anarchy. Open discussion and not exclusion is the best way to reveal error of both judgement ans behavior.
Read the ____ constitution!
Thank you for demonstrating your contempt for both GOD and our wonderful Constitution.

..... I have to say, I wonder if the people taking this position would have been quite so cavalier had it been a group handing out the Satanic Bible, or the Quran.

In a society where access and open unhampered debate to such literature is on an equal footing, it is my unwavering feeling that the Bible would shine forth like a beacon of light. This is why in some countries the Bible is excluded. It tends to make all other philosophies seem somewhat pretentious.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back