🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism

That study was done in Ontario...which was settled by the French. There hasn't been a Frenchman who wasn't a Pinhead and a Pussy since the Normans conquered England and moved there to get away from the Pinheads and Pussys.

Give me 48 hours and I will get you a report out of Mississippi that says just the opposite of what the one in Ontario said...and it will be just as reliable.

Ontario was settled by the English. Quebec was settled by the French.

But nice try.

Talk about impaired cognitive ability...

Daniel Hudson claimed Hudson Bay for the British in 1611, yet it was Samuel de Champlain, who visited Lake Huron in 1615, that led to French missionaries setting up shop there. The first settlers were French Jesuits in Saint Marie Among the Huron, which was founded 1639.. In 1649 it was destroyed by Iroquois who were hostile to the French Missionaries at the time. It wasn't until 1784 that the English began settling in Ontario which was then part of the Province of Quebec.

And yes, Quebec was founded by none other than Samuel de Champlain in 1608. Go read a history book, Dragonlady. No really.

And you call us conservatives unintelligent? I laugh at your argumentative feebleness! Nice try, but you're wrong.

Yes, words carry consequences.....But my take (and I'm an older man) is that in an ever [and rapidly] changing world, to want to "conserve" what is obsolete or counter-productive, constitutes failure, anger, bitterness, resentment....many of the "qualities" expressed just this week by right wing zealots over the SC decisions.

Sigh... and how can you perceive yourselves as intelligent when you spend most of your brainpower degrading people with different viewpoints?

First of all, the rest of your post clearly shows that you have NO IDEA of the meaning of "cognitive ability," when you simply cite your little synopsis from some website.

Second, you're taking an altogether divergent path from what this thread intended.

......and third, whether you realize it or not (probably not) you're confirming the study's findings.

First of all, the rest of your post clearly shows that you have NO IDEA of the meaning of "cognitive ability," when you simply cite your little synopsis from some website.

Second, you're taking an altogether divergent path from what this thread intended.

......and third, whether you realize it or not (probably not) you're confirming the study's findings.
I was going to say pretty much the same thing but its pretty useless with Temp. Somehow he repeats what you said albeit with a lot more words then questions your intelligence. Priceless! :laugh:

In light of the right wingers' anger in the SCOTUS' recent decisions, here's a possible explanation. NOTE: I DO NOT believe that all right wingers have low IQs, but I DO believe that most people with low IQs tend to be ultra conservatives.

There are plenty of low IQ people who are raging liberals. It's really a very even split. But the real problem is that true conservatism is nearly dead, and has been replaced by the stupidity of the masses. And honestly, I blame Newt Gingrich. Once upon a time, conservatives and the GOP were the party of the Presidency. The GOP focused more on winning the oval office, while Democrats were more concerned with winning Congress. The conservative brand often didn't appeal to the masses as much as the liberal brand, but the GOP individual was respected above all others. People wanted someone like themselves to represent them in Congress, but wanted someone who was a cut above to sit at the head of the table.

Gingrich changed much of that. He was the one who pushed to convince the party that it needed to be concerned with every election at every level. And he was largely correct. By becoming more actively engaged in top-to-bottom politics, the GOP successfully have become the dominant party national party, from state legislatures and governorships, to Congress, and local town halls. The problem is that in order to accomplish this, the party had to bring to prominence people who were capable of appealing to the masses with bread and circuses. By lowering ourselves to gain wider support among the masses, we've left ourselves vulnerable to be twice defeated by the likes of Barack Obama.

I actually cited one of the many encyclopedias sitting on my bookshelf smartass. I actually do read before I post. What does that say about you?

What were you expecting from me? A serious response? Your title set the theme for the the thread. You basically called conservatives like me stupid. That's funny.

and third, whether you realize it or not (probably not) you're confirming the study's findings.

How? Can you explain to me how I'm proving the case for an uber biased IQ study? Perhaps I should demonstrate my lack of intelligence by tearing the study itself apart.

Let me get back to you on that, while I read through the particulars of the study.

What were you expecting from me? A serious response? Your title set the theme for the the thread. You basically called conservatives like me stupid. That's funny.

Read my preamble to the O/P.........I promise I did not use words that you had to look up.

I actually cited one of the many encyclopedias sitting on my bookshelf smartass. I actually do read before I post. What does that say about you?

No one expects anything serious from you. Trust me.

In light of the right wingers' anger in the SCOTUS' recent decisions, here's a possible explanation. NOTE: I DO NOT believe that all right wingers have low IQs, but I DO believe that most people with low IQs tend to be ultra conservatives.

Are racists dumb? Do conservatives tend to be less intelligent than liberals? A provocative new study from Brock University in Ontario suggests the answer to both questions may be a qualified yes. The study, published in Psychological Science, showed that people who score low on I.Q. tests in childhood are more likely to develop prejudiced beliefs and socially conservative politics in adulthood.

I.Q., a score determined by standardized tests, but whether the tests truly reveal intelligence remains a topic of hot debate among psychologists. Dr. Gordon Hodson, a professor of psychology at the university and the study's lead author, said the finding represented evidence of a vicious cycle: People of low intelligence gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, which stress resistance to change and, in turn, prejudice, he told
LiveScience.

Why might less intelligent people be drawn to conservative ideologies? Because such ideologies feature "structure and order" that make it easier to comprehend a complicated world, Dodson said. "Unfortunately, many of these features can also contribute to prejudice," he added.

Dr. Brian Nosek, a University of Virginia psychologist, echoed those sentiments. "Reality is complicated and messy. Ideologies get rid of the messiness and impose a simpler solution. So, it may not be surprising that people with less cognitive capacity will be attracted to simplifying ideologies."

Why might less intelligent people be drawn to conservative ideologies? Because such ideologies feature "structure and order" that make it easier to comprehend a complicated world, Dodson said. "Unfortunately, many of these features can also contribute to prejudice," he added.

I see prejudiced inner city folks here in Chicago all the time.
They drop out of school at a frighteningly high rate. They aren't very bright.
I didn't realize they were conservatives.
I didnt realize dropping out of school had anything to do with intelligence. I think someone mentioned you guys never quite grasp what you are talking about.

It's not the smart ones dropping out.
Do you have proof or is this a deflection?

15 year old drop out and founder of Tumblr..David Karp
tumblr-ceo-david-karp.jpg

He grew up in the inner city of Chicago?

I didnt realize dropping out of school had anything to do with intelligence. I think someone mentioned you guys never quite grasp what you are talking about.

You want proof of the inner-city drop out rate in Chicago?
No. I said prove its not the smart ones dropping out. Are you having a hard time understanding the english language?

I try speaking English to the inner city racists I see, but their response is almost unintelligible.
I must keep missing the smart ones.

Are racists dumb? Do conservatives tend to be less intelligent than liberals? A provocative new study from Brock University in Ontario suggests the answer to both questions may be a qualified yes. The study, published in Psychological Science, showed that people who score low on I.Q. tests in childhood are more likely to develop prejudiced beliefs and socially conservative politics in adulthood.

I.Q., a score determined by standardized tests, but whether the tests truly reveal intelligence remains a topic of hot debate among psychologists. Dr. Gordon Hodson, a professor of psychology at the university and the study's lead author, said the finding represented evidence of a vicious cycle: People of low intelligence gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, which stress resistance to change and, in turn, prejudice, he told
LiveScience.

Dr. Brian Nosek, a University of Virginia psychologist, echoed those sentiments. "Reality is complicated and messy. Ideologies get rid of the messiness and impose a simpler solution. So, it may not be surprising that people with less cognitive capacity will be attracted to simplifying ideologies."

Okay, so I'll counter with a study done by Noah Carl, from Oxford.

"Research has consistently shown that intelligence is positively correlated with socially liberal beliefs and negatively correlated with religious beliefs. This should lead one to expect that Republicans are less intelligent than Democrats. However, I find that individuals who identify as Republican have slightly higher verbal intelligence than those who identify as Democrat (2–5 IQ points), and that individuals who supported the Republican Party in elections have slightly higher verbal intelligence than those who supported the Democratic Party (2 IQ points). I reconcile these findings with the previous literature by showing that verbal intelligence is correlated with both socially and economically liberal beliefs (β = .10–.32). My findings suggest that higher intelligence among classically liberal Republicans compensates for lower intelligence among socially conservative Republicans."

http://www.gwern.net/docs/iq/2014-carl.pdf

Also, you'll recall this "study" as well:

cultural cognition project - Cultural Cognition Blog - Some data on education religiosity ideology and science comprehension

Now, Oxford and Yale aren't really known for their support of conservatism. Free them and weep nats, your argument is finished.

Last edited:

LiveScience.

15 year old drop out and founder of Tumblr..David Karp
tumblr-ceo-david-karp.jpg

He grew up in the inner city of Chicago?
I dont know if he did or not. Are you deflecting again or are you stupid enough to think where you live affects your intelligence?

No. I said prove its not the smart ones dropping out. Are you having a hard time understanding the english language?

I try speaking English to the inner city racists I see, but their response is almost unintelligible.
You must not be intelligent then. You shouldnt assume english is the best language to use.. The main goal of talking is to communicate. You should be speaking whatever language they are using.

I read this preamble, and all I got was "conservatives are stupid." You really are trying to cover for your belief that conservatives in general are stupid.

But really, what kind of idiot do you take me for? When you read the study, it uses words like "conservatives" and "conservative" not "ultra-conservatives."

Like such:

"The study, published in Psychological Science, showed that people who score low on I.Q. tests in childhood are more likely to develop prejudiced beliefs and socially conservative politics in adulthood."

I promise, nats, they used words you don't have to look up in a common dictionary. And I would have advised you to read the study before you posted it. Now you look like a complete moron.

Last edited:
Do I really need to point out the far left reacts the exact same way to decisions by the Supreme Court that they don't agree with the most recent being the Citizens United decision.

You must not be intelligent then. You shouldnt assume english is the best language to use.. The main goal of talking is to communicate. You should be speaking whatever language they are using.

I don't speak ebonics.

Forum List

Back