🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism

Do you have proof or is this a deflection?

You want proof of the inner-city drop out rate in Chicago?
No. I said prove its not the smart ones dropping out. Are you having a hard time understanding the english language?

I try speaking English to the inner city racists I see, but their response is almost unintelligible.
I must keep missing the smart ones.
You must not be intelligent then. You shouldnt assume english is the best language to use.. The main goal of talking is to communicate. You should be speaking whatever language they are using.

I don't speak ebonics.
Then why are you basing your lack of understanding on someone elses intelligence?. You should fault your own. I speak Ebonics, Swahili, Spanish, and english. For example it would be the height of stupidity to assume that someone answering me in Japanese was not intelligent. Quite contrary they may know all the languages I know plus Japanese. Since they understood you then the conclusion is that you are the idiot. See how that works?

It's not the smart ones dropping out.

No. I said prove its not the smart ones dropping out. Are you having a hard time understanding the english language?

I try speaking English to the inner city racists I see, but their response is almost unintelligible.
You must not be intelligent then. You shouldnt assume english is the best language to use.. The main goal of talking is to communicate. You should be speaking whatever language they are using.

We are now running into the trap of discussing intelligence. IQ tests are basically an accurate measure of how good you are at taking tests and nothing more. They do not measure how good you are at life. Even among the uneducated there are people who are brilliant at using their environment to it's full advantage, developing networks and support structures and providing for their families. I have known swamp men who can barely read but they can fix anything, build anything and live off the land. I have known scientists and scholars that are like walking libraries and do crosswords in ink. Swap places and they are all retarded.

I've noticed this aswell, many on the ultra right lack a basic understanding of anything they're against.
aswell
"The retarded way to spell 'as well'. Despite what some people may think, 'aswell' is two separate words in any case, rather than just in a sentence containing 'as well as'."

In light of the right wingers' anger in the SCOTUS' recent decisions, here's a possible explanation. NOTE: I DO NOT believe that all right wingers have low IQs, but I DO believe that most people with low IQs tend to be ultra conservatives.

Are racists dumb? Do conservatives tend to be less intelligent than liberals? A provocative new study from Brock University in Ontario suggests the answer to both questions may be a qualified yes. The study, published in Psychological Science, showed that people who score low on I.Q. tests in childhood are more likely to develop prejudiced beliefs and socially conservative politics in adulthood.

I.Q., a score determined by standardized tests, but whether the tests truly reveal intelligence remains a topic of hot debate among psychologists. Dr. Gordon Hodson, a professor of psychology at the university and the study's lead author, said the finding represented evidence of a vicious cycle: People of low intelligence gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, which stress resistance to change and, in turn, prejudice, he told
LiveScience.

Why might less intelligent people be drawn to conservative ideologies? Because such ideologies feature "structure and order" that make it easier to comprehend a complicated world, Dodson said. "Unfortunately, many of these features can also contribute to prejudice," he added.

Dr. Brian Nosek, a University of Virginia psychologist, echoed those sentiments. "Reality is complicated and messy. Ideologies get rid of the messiness and impose a simpler solution. So, it may not be surprising that people with less cognitive capacity will be attracted to simplifying ideologies."

There are a good number of people who vote Democrat who have low IQ's also. I wouldn't call them liberals because they just vote Democrat. I do not disagree with the premise that there are many low IQ individuals who hold conservative views though. That goes without saying, but you can't ignore the other side of the equation.

I've noticed this aswell, many on the ultra right lack a basic understanding of anything they're against.
aswell
"The retarded way to spell 'as well'. Despite what some people may think, 'aswell' is two separate words in any case, rather than just in a sentence containing 'as well as'."

Yea, it couldn't be that they were typing fast and the space bar just didn't register. Dork!

We are now running into the trap of discussing intelligence. IQ tests are basically an accurate measure of how good you are at taking tests and nothing more. They do not measure how good you are at life. Even among the uneducated there are people who are brilliant at using their environment to it's full advantage, developing networks and support structures and providing for their families. I have known swamp men who can barely read but they can fix anything, build anything and live off the land. I have known scientists and scholars that are like walking libraries and do crosswords in ink. Swap places and they are all retarded.

IQ tests are basically a test to see how well you assimilate into the culture that created the test. There is also proof that there is no one test that can accurately measure "intelligence". Thats why I said I dont believe in them in my first post. I agree there are some brilliant people that are "uneducated" and or self taught. If you take intelligence as the ability to use known information to solve problems then you can see that IQ tests are a scam.

aswell

Yea, it couldn't be that they were typing fast and the space bar just didn't register. Dork!
if you are going to criticize people's IQ you better double check the post. It doesn't take a genius to hit edit. Or maybe his IQ is too low to figure it out.

In light of the right wingers' anger in the SCOTUS' recent decisions, here's a possible explanation. NOTE: I DO NOT believe that all right wingers have low IQs, but I DO believe that most people with low IQs tend to be ultra conservatives.

Are racists dumb? Do conservatives tend to be less intelligent than liberals? A provocative new study from Brock University in Ontario suggests the answer to both questions may be a qualified yes. The study, published in Psychological Science, showed that people who score low on I.Q. tests in childhood are more likely to develop prejudiced beliefs and socially conservative politics in adulthood.

I.Q., a score determined by standardized tests, but whether the tests truly reveal intelligence remains a topic of hot debate among psychologists. Dr. Gordon Hodson, a professor of psychology at the university and the study's lead author, said the finding represented evidence of a vicious cycle: People of low intelligence gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, which stress resistance to change and, in turn, prejudice, he told
LiveScience.

Why might less intelligent people be drawn to conservative ideologies? Because such ideologies feature "structure and order" that make it easier to comprehend a complicated world, Dodson said. "Unfortunately, many of these features can also contribute to prejudice," he added.

Dr. Brian Nosek, a University of Virginia psychologist, echoed those sentiments. "Reality is complicated and messy. Ideologies get rid of the messiness and impose a simpler solution. So, it may not be surprising that people with less cognitive capacity will be attracted to simplifying ideologies."

There are a good number of people who vote Democrat who have low IQ's also. I wouldn't call them liberals because they just vote Democrat. I do not disagree with the premise that there are many low IQ individuals who hold conservative views though. That goes without saying, but you can't ignore the other side of the equation.

Respect.

giphy.gif

LiveScience.

Respect.

giphy.gif
I think I hit a nerve. Heehee

IQ tests are basically a test to see how well you assimilate into the culture that created the test. There is also proof that there is no one test that can accurately measure "intelligence". Thats why I said I dont believe in them in my first post. I agree there are some brilliant people that are "uneducated" and or self taught. If you take intelligence as the ability to use known information to solve problems then you can see that IQ tests are a scam.
Exactly, I had a very academic childhood where I consumed hundreds of books but it was not nearly as educational as watching tobacco spitting hillbillies keep their cars running, their houses warm and putting food on the table and later having to do it all myself. That being said, my education has made it possible to hire hillbillies to work on my stuff so I no longer have to do it myself, even though I could.

aswell

if you are going to criticize people's IQ you better double check the post. It doesn't take a genius to hit edit. Or maybe his IQ is too low to figure it out.

In that case, the first word in a sentence should be capitalized. You fail miserably. Now here is your dunce cap, so go sit in the corner.

LiveScience.

Respect.

giphy.gif
I think I hit a nerve. Heehee

Kirk: "Well, Bones, is this thread...?

Bones: "It's dead, Jim."

"Research has consistently shown that intelligence is positively correlated with socially liberal beliefs and negatively correlated with religious beliefs. This should lead one to expect that Republicans are less intelligent than Democrats. However, I find that individuals who identify as Republican have slightly higher verbal intelligence than those who identify as Democrat (2–5 IQ points), and that individuals who supported the Republican Party in elections have slightly higher verbal intelligence than those who supported the Democratic Party (2 IQ points). I reconcile these findings with the previous literature by showing that verbal intelligence is correlated with both socially and economically liberal beliefs (β = .10–.32). My findings suggest that higher intelligence among classically liberal Republicans compensates for lower intelligence among socially conservative Republicans."

I presume (actually I'm pretty sure you can read)......however, the question arises as to whether you can understand what you read......If you think that the above citation counters anything but your futile hopes, then you truly cannot comprehend.

BTW, check out what the acronym, OUCA stands for......here, I'll give you a hint, the first 2 letters are for Oxford U. and the last 2 letters are for conservative association. Oxford has, since the 11 century, been a font of conservative thought.

Last edited:
But really, what kind of idiot do you take me for? When you read the study, it uses words like "conservatives" and "conservative" not "ultra-conservatives."

Actually I DO take you for a kind of idiot......All you've proven is that the study states that conservatives may be DUMB......so, postulate....what does that make an ULTRA conservative?

"Research has consistently shown that intelligence is positively correlated with socially liberal beliefs and negatively correlated with religious beliefs. This should lead one to expect that Republicans are less intelligent than Democrats. However, I find that individuals who identify as Republican have slightly higher verbal intelligence than those who identify as Democrat (2–5 IQ points), and that individuals who supported the Republican Party in elections have slightly higher verbal intelligence than those who supported the Democratic Party (2 IQ points). I reconcile these findings with the previous literature by showing that verbal intelligence is correlated with both socially and economically liberal beliefs (β = .10–.32). My findings suggest that higher intelligence among classically liberal Republicans compensates for lower intelligence among socially conservative Republicans."

I presume (actually I'm pretty sure you can read)......however, the question arises as to whether you can understand what you read......If you think that the above citation counters anything but your futile hopes, then you truly cannot comprehend.

BTW, check out what the acronym, OUCA stands for......here, I'll give you a hint, the first 2 letters are for Oxford and the last 2 letters are for conservative association. Oxford has, since the 11 century, been a font of conservative thought.

And? How does that invalidate my study? You seem to think citing one from an obviously biased feminist is legitimate too.

And there are republicans in Oxford? Holy smokes man! Wow, that must really mean they're more intelligent than you give them credit for! Sorry, but even through that revelation, you still made yourself look like an idiot.

Actually I DO take you for a kind of idiot......All you've proven is that the study states that conservatives may be DUMB......so, postulate....what does that make an ULTRA conservative?

I like how you call yourself smart but like reading in between the lines.

Given the preexisting school of thought among liberals (ha!) that conservatives are less intelligent, this study of yours presents nothing more than a textbook case of confirmation bias, your bias in particular.

Last edited:

In other words you got a 50 on your IQ test. :lol:

Exactly, I had a very academic childhood where I consumed hundreds of books but it was not nearly as educational as watching tobacco spitting hillbillies keep their cars running, their houses warm and putting food on the table and later having to do it all myself. That being said, my education has made it possible to hire hillbillies to work on my stuff so I no longer have to do it myself, even though I could.

Which really leads to the truly important fact that our society tends to place too high a focus on IQ as a measure of human worth. As a person with an extremely high IQ I struggled with this quite a bit for a very long time, all the way back to my early childhood. By obsessing over IQ the way we sometimes do, we really do a disservice to everyone.

In other words you got a 50 on your IQ test. :lol:
Actually I got 156 but I know it doesnt mean anything. Just means I read a lot.

I like how you call yourself smart but like reading in between the lines.

You know, this is when you actually confirm that you're floundering......I NEVER stated that I was smart....the lack of dumbness does not necessarily make one smart. What the study actually addresses, is the moronic belief in prejudices and racism and conserving those ideologies that make those two unsavory traits possible.

Forum List

Back