Study: Regular pot smokers have shrunken brains?

I've actually been considering it. I work across the street from a grow factory here in Colorado. When the wind is just right I almost get a contact high.
If it was not so cold I'd move to CO for the hash oil e-cigs.

Hoping GA legalizes soon.

In the meantime, "civil disobedience".

Between legal pot and text messaging Colorado roads have become literal danger zones.
And now that pot has been legalized in my state (Oregon) we'll be seeing that here as well.
so why are all these stories coming out of Colorado?......i dont see any stories out of Wash....what is different?.....

Legalization went into effect just a few months ago in Washington state.
after a month in Colorado stories were already coming out .........

Besides the below, there are individual cities in WA that have banned or have moratoriums on marijuana businesses or growers.
Driver charged with DUI Marijuana after deadly Vancouver crash - KPTV - FOX 12
Concern rising over marijuana and driving as legalization takes hold - The Pot Blog
Law enforcement officials say that while traffic fatalities in Colorado decreased 16 percent between 2006 to 2011, deaths involving drivers testing positive for just marijuana increased 114 percent.

And in Washington, according to Chuck Hayes of the International Association of Chiefs of Police, tests confirming the presence of THC – marijuana’s active ingredient – are 42 percent of the state’s toxicology lab caseload since legalization this year, up from 26 percent last year.

Impaired Driving 23  The number of Washington State drivers found to be impaired by marijuana use increased 28% from 764 in 2008 to 975 in 2010.  Among impaired Washington State drivers, the percentage found to be under the influence of marijuana increased 13% from 17.2% in 2008 to 19.5% in 2010. 24  Drivers who test positive for marijuana or self-report marijuana use are more than twice as likely as other drivers to be involved in motor vehicle crashes. 25

 The number of persons living in Northwest HIDTA counties who received treatment for marijuana addiction increased 74% from 1999 to 2010 (6,309 to 10,966). 18  The number of persons living in Cowlitz, Kitsap and Spokane counties who received treatment for marijuana addiction increased over 100% from 1999 to 2010 (1,076 to 2,341). 19  The number of persons living in Clark County who received treatment for marijuana addiction increased over 165% from 1999 to 2010 (264 to 699). 20  The number of persons living in Benton County who received treatment for marijuana addiction increased over 200% from 1999 to 2010 (142 to 451). 21
http://adai.washington.edu/marijuana/factsheets/marijuana_WA_state.pdf

so why are all these stories coming out of Colorado?......i dont see any stories out of Wash....what is different?.....
The pot in CO is much more potent and Coloradans know how to party. :)
so no serious answer?.....i was serious about what i asked....why are none of these stories coming out of Wash?.....Pot has been decriminalized in my State to the point were it might as well be legal......but even here over the last 20 years i dont see this shit happening....WHY is Colorado so different?...
you are showing history before legalization......im talking since pot has been legalized in these 2 States.....all i see is Colorado incidents.....how come nothing of this nature is coming out of Washington?....i read something about Colorado a few times a month......never Washington....i just am asking why?....

I just had two hash makers come into my store for some supplies. They were both stoned out of their gourds. They're ultra passive (to the point of being and sounding feminine). As they were speaking with each other (while I was running up their ticket) they sounded like a couple of Jr. High School girls giggling about really petty things. I was thinking how grateful I was that I was no longer a dumbed-down stoner.

When I drive stoned, I drive slow. I'm just not in a big hurry, and if a guy wants to pass me I'll pull over into the turnout (and maybe take another sip off the bubbler). To this day, I've never woken up to find a dead innocent child stuck to the grill of the company van. That is irrefutable evidence that smoking ganja and driving is perfectly manageable. Drinking and driving is another story. Pound a 40 ouncer or 3 of Old English 800 Malt Liquor, and you're probably not going to be driving in the slow lane.

I don't drive much anymore. I walk and ride my bike and take the trains and buses. I shrink my brain each and every day with marijuana. We only use 10% of our brain capacity, and I've merely consolidated the active centers of my brain through the process of huffing down enormous bowls of kindbud sprinkled with hash. My goal is to ultimately factor down to four total braincells, each of them responsible for a quarter of my responsibilities.

When I used to drive stoned (and this is way back in the 70s and 80s) I would drive super slow for awhile until I realized how slow I was going then I would speed up to the point that I was rushing then I go back to slow mode. Pot has a way of making idiots of otherwise smart people.

Pot has a way of reminding people that life is extremely interesting. That's also why people drink. It's good to change the channel once in a while.

Tonight, I'm doing data entry on the computer at the office. I have to input all the data from last weekend's business endeavors. And then I have to update the website. That sounds boring, but it's actually about to get interesting, because I'm about to fire up some NorCal doobonabage and blow it out the window, and then I'm going to drink the last of these Sierra Nevada Torpedos. And then finally, I'll either walk home or ride the bus. It isn't supposed to rain until Thursday.

If you happen to remember what task you're supposed to do I'd be interested in seeing the incorrect results. LOL

Ha! What memories that must have brought back if they were like mine. Along with one car accident, fortunately with an inanimate object, I realized it wasn't for me. Now coke took a couple of more years.

Besides the below, there are individual cities in WA that have banned or have moratoriums on marijuana businesses or growers.
Concern rising over marijuana and driving as legalization takes hold - The Pot Blog
Law enforcement officials say that while traffic fatalities in Colorado decreased 16 percent between 2006 to 2011, deaths involving drivers testing positive for just marijuana increased 114 percent.

And in Washington, according to Chuck Hayes of the International Association of Chiefs of Police, tests confirming the presence of THC – marijuana’s active ingredient – are 42 percent of the state’s toxicology lab caseload since legalization this year, up from 26 percent last year.

Impaired Driving 23  The number of Washington State drivers found to be impaired by marijuana use increased 28% from 764 in 2008 to 975 in 2010.  Among impaired Washington State drivers, the percentage found to be under the influence of marijuana increased 13% from 17.2% in 2008 to 19.5% in 2010. 24  Drivers who test positive for marijuana or self-report marijuana use are more than twice as likely as other drivers to be involved in motor vehicle crashes. 25

 The number of persons living in Northwest HIDTA counties who received treatment for marijuana addiction increased 74% from 1999 to 2010 (6,309 to 10,966). 18  The number of persons living in Cowlitz, Kitsap and Spokane counties who received treatment for marijuana addiction increased over 100% from 1999 to 2010 (1,076 to 2,341). 19  The number of persons living in Clark County who received treatment for marijuana addiction increased over 165% from 1999 to 2010 (264 to 699). 20  The number of persons living in Benton County who received treatment for marijuana addiction increased over 200% from 1999 to 2010 (142 to 451). 21

The pot in CO is much more potent and Coloradans know how to party. :)
so no serious answer?.....i was serious about what i asked....why are none of these stories coming out of Wash?.....Pot has been decriminalized in my State to the point were it might as well be legal......but even here over the last 20 years i dont see this shit happening....WHY is Colorado so different?...
you are showing history before legalization......im talking since pot has been legalized in these 2 States.....all i see is Colorado incidents.....how come nothing of this nature is coming out of Washington?....i read something about Colorado a few times a month......never Washington....i just am asking why?....

I just had two hash makers come into my store for some supplies. They were both stoned out of their gourds. They're ultra passive (to the point of being and sounding feminine). As they were speaking with each other (while I was running up their ticket) they sounded like a couple of Jr. High School girls giggling about really petty things. I was thinking how grateful I was that I was no longer a dumbed-down stoner.

Ha! What memories that must have brought back if they were like mine. Along with one car accident, fortunately with an inanimate object, I realized it wasn't for me. Now coke took a couple of more years.

I did my share of coke too but it was too pricey to do it often. Pot and Budweiser were my two best friends.

Yeah, pot and rum here. Then I moved to Florida, never paid for the coke, all my so-called friends at the time, shared, no strings attached. Was glad when I left the state. I was going nowhere, nor were they, really.

I did my share of coke too but it was too pricey to do it often. Pot and Budweiser were my two best friends.

Sounds like a room full of quiters. So happy for you all. Blarg. Have a nice weekend at Staples getting ready for Monday.

It's almost 6pm, I bought batteries to play the Black Uhuru station on Pandora on my iPhone speakers, and my boss gave me a jar of weed. I'm headed to Sacramento, which otherwise would be a totally not interesting place to go.

Forum List

Back