Study: White liberals dumb themselves down when speaking to minorities

Most Liberals have to dumb themselves down to talk to nearly everyone.
Conservatives don’t have that problem.
Did you guys understand that? LOL
If only you liberals were half as smart as you THINK you are, Candy! Do you understand that?

Im sorry. I can’t dumb myself down enough for you to understand me

Your version of "smart", Candy is doing a drive by "funny" and then running away. Why is it that you folks on the left always see yourselves as so gosh darned smart...but never seem to demonstrate that intelligence with posts?

Again, I can’t dumb it down enough to make you understand how much smarter I am than you can ever hope to be.

If only you liberals were half as smart as you THINK you are, Candy! Do you understand that?

Your version of "smart", Candy is doing a drive by "funny" and then running away. Why is it that you folks on the left always see yourselves as so gosh darned smart...but never seem to demonstrate that intelligence with posts?

Again, I can’t dumb it down enough to make you understand how much smarter I am than you can ever hope to be.

That's what you're going with, Candy? That you're too "smart" to explain yourself? You keep on telling yourself that...

That's what you're going with, Candy? That you're too "smart" to explain yourself? You keep on telling yourself that...

Well I really don’t have to “tell” myself that; you prove it…daily.

Why is it that the liberals on this board that are for some reason convinced they're intelligent...are some of the least intelligent posters we have?

Here's a hint for you, Candy. When you actually are intelligent...you don't generally have to declare yourself to be intelligent...people will get that from the inciteful comments that you make. If you DO have to claim brilliance...it's usually because you haven't demonstrated any!

Why is it that the liberals on this board that are for some reason convinced they're intelligent...are some of the least intelligent posters we have?

Here's a hint for you, Candy. When you actually are intelligent...you don't generally have to declare yourself to be intelligent...people will get that from the inciteful comments that you make. If you DO have to claim brilliance...it's usually because you haven't demonstrated any!
i just argue with the right wing until y'all have nothing but fallacy; then, i must be right even though i am on the left.

i just argue with the right wing until y'all have nothing but fallacy; then, i must be right even though i am on the left.

You, Daniel...are the PERFECT example of what I was just describing!

You, Daniel...are the PERFECT example of what I was just describing!
it is the right wing that manufactures nothing but fallacy. why nothing but repeal instead of better solutions at lower cost like Good national capitalists.

How does one manufacture fallacy, Daniel? As usual your posts show you to be a rather dim witted ideologue who can't even parrot what someone else has said without making it sound idiotic!

How does one manufacture fallacy, Daniel? As usual your posts show you to be a rather dim witted ideologue who can't even parrot what someone else has said without making it sound idiotic!
you have no truth (value) in your arguments and must manufacture fallacy to try to advance your alleged and false Causes.

you have no truth (value) in your arguments and must manufacture fallacy to try to advance your alleged and false Causes.
As usual...you try and embellish your posts in an attempt at appearing intelligent. It's the equivalent of polishing a turd. Yes...it might look shiny...but it's still a turd!

As usual...you try and embellish your posts in an attempt at appearing intelligent. It's the equivalent of polishing a turd. Yes...it might look shiny...but it's still a turd!
you need a valid argument.

White people who live where most of the population is white and don't have much social contact with other races or nationality's are going to be less practiced at interaction, can title it as effort to not offend, or discomfort with the not known, Dumb seems a mean spirited title to label someone with.

^ dunning effect

Didn't stop him from sexually harassing her, did it?

well, no because even if you believe everything she said, it didn't constitute sexual harassment. Sexual Harassment is defined as creating a hostile workplace environment. She wasn't in the workplace and she didn't work for him directly.

Also, it's kind of questionable if what went down actually happened. She claimed that his weiner had a "Distinguishing Characteristic" that medical examinations said it didn't.

You can expose yourself, ask her to "kiss it", but as long as you don't damage her career, it's not harassment?

Wow!

Um, yeah, that's actually what the laws says... That's why Judge Weber-Wright dismissed her case without merit.

Two liberal "icons" have overseen the two worst recoveries from recessions in this nation's history! Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Barack Obama gave us The Great Depression and The Great Recession.

You mean the ones which started when Republicans were in charge.

"Hey, you guys didn't fix what we fucked up fast enough!!"

"Here's an idea. Don't put you in charge where you can fuck things up!"

Didn't stop him from sexually harassing her, did it?

well, no because even if you believe everything she said, it didn't constitute sexual harassment. Sexual Harassment is defined as creating a hostile workplace environment. She wasn't in the workplace and she didn't work for him directly.

Also, it's kind of questionable if what went down actually happened. She claimed that his weiner had a "Distinguishing Characteristic" that medical examinations said it didn't.

You can expose yourself, ask her to "kiss it", but as long as you don't damage her career, it's not harassment?

Wow!

Um, yeah, that's actually what the laws says... That's why Judge Weber-Wright dismissed her case without merit.

well, no because even if you believe everything she said, it didn't constitute sexual harassment.

Really?

Sexual Harassment is defined as creating a hostile workplace environment.

Whipping it out and asking an underling to kiss it isn't hostile?
You should try that in the office sometime.
Post the results.

Two liberal "icons" have overseen the two worst recoveries from recessions in this nation's history! Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Barack Obama gave us The Great Depression and The Great Recession.

"Here's an idea. Don't put you in charge where you can fuck things up!"

The recession ended in June 2009. The weakest recovery since WWII, that was all on Obama.

Funny stuff, certainly not surprising:

White liberals dumb themselves down when they speak to black people, a new study contends - The Washington Post

“White liberals may unwittingly draw on negative stereotypes, dumbing themselves down in a likely well-meaning, ‘folksy,’ but ultimately patronizing, attempt to connect with the outgroup,” argues the paper, titled “Self-Presentation in Interracial Settings: The Competence Downshift by White Liberals.”

The findings, based on what the authors stress is “preliminary evidence,” raise difficult questions about aspirations for a so-called post-racial society. The results reveal how subtle forms of discrimination may coincide with progress toward equal treatment, or what the paper identifies as “a significant reduction in the expression of explicit prejudice and endorsement of negative stereotypes.”

The psychologists further discovered that white liberals rarely admit to the goal of appearing less competent, a fact that highlights the role of implicit bias and “the covert nature of the competence downshift strategy.”

“It’s somewhat counterintuitive,” said Dupree, who is the lead author and whose research was supported by the National Science Foundation as well as by Princeton’s Joint Degree Program in Social Policy. “The idea that people who are most well intentioned toward racial minorities, the people actually showing up and wanting to forge these connections, they’re the ones who seem to be drawing on stereotypes to do so.”

Consumed with skin color. STOP LOWERING STANDARDS FOR MINORITIES. Enough already.

Thank God we have smart Republicans.

Forum List

Back