Stunning! Bush Predicted Iraq Disaster Obama Actually Created

President Bush warned that if we pulled out of Iraq too soon, it would be dangerous for Iraq, the region and the United States; it would mean surrendering the future of Iraq to al Qaeda. It would mean we are risking mass killings on a grand scale. It would allow the terrorists to replace the safe haven they lost in Afghanistan. It would mean we’d have to return at a later date to confront an enemy who is even more dangerous.

Stunning Bush Predicted Iraq Disaster Obama Actually Created www.independentsentinel.com[/QUOTE]

That clip is year before Bush finalized the status of forces agreement you moron. Are you saying he ignored his own advice?
lol

so why didn't he negotiate a status of forces agreement when he had the leverage?

That's a fair question. Maybe that couldn't be done before a certain timeline?

We know Obama didn't do it, but did Bush have the chance prior? Anyone know?
yes, he did. he negotiated the status of forces agreement that required us to leave when we did.

I remember this as well.

Bush made a decision which, several years later our military backed up, Obama abides by the agreement and somehow, the right is now twisting that around to be Obama's doing.

RWs refuse to give Obama credit for getting bin Laden.

News just showed yet another American fighting for ISIS. Anyone wanna bet that when Obama kills those traitors, RWs will have a fit?

How long before RWs say that Obama started the Iraq mess?
Remember Obama was against the surge that won in Iraq. Obama would've lost the war if he was in charge, and when he was in charge. Well we see what happened.

Obama opposed the invasion from the very start

If he was in charge...NOBODY would have been killed

Bush prediction and you quote Cheney

Buck stops here?

Bush is not responsible for his VPs public statements? Where was the Bush denial?
Ok then...

Joe Biden Concedes Hope and Change Never Happened

Ahhh, Newsmax. You can get all your best Birfer information right there.

Lord, RWNJs hang on every word the top 2 say. They are like little cows, sucking on big momma cow's teats, 24/7.

Hillaryous!

Speaking of which, just wait until Hillary wins....

so why didn't he negotiate a status of forces agreement when he had the leverage?

yes, he did. he negotiated the status of forces agreement that required us to leave when we did.

There are no forces, therefore he did not negotiate. Use your head.

you should take your own advice. our forces had to leave because they would not enter into a stay of forces agreement extension. so we had to leave on the date negotiated by baby bush.

I hope that helps.
Ahh, so Bush DID set the timeline & infact was the reason the war ended despite Obama taking credit for it?

Spin spin spin

bush negotiated the status of forces agreement that only allowed us forces inside iraq cities until 6/30/09 and forces in iraq until 12/31/11.
use your google.

After which time a long term status (Think Germany and Japan post WW2) needed to be implemented. The reason it wasn't, is because Obama didn't really want it. It's that simple. It could have been done.
No U.S. Troops Didn t Have to Leave Iraq National Review Online

bush negotiated the status of forces agreement that only allowed us forces inside iraq cities until 6/30/09 and forces in iraq until 12/31/11.
use your google.

After which time a long term status (Think Germany and Japan post WW2) needed to be implemented. The reason it wasn't, is because Obama didn't really want it. It's that simple. It could have been done.
No U.S. Troops Didn t Have to Leave Iraq National Review Online
Obama wanted a Clean Slate in Iraq, but his myopia actually resulted in a nightmarish mess.

I keep scratching my head over the people who think the guy is some kind of MENSA child. He's a mental midget.

right, an opinion piece on national review is completely credible and without bias.

here are the facts - the agreement negotiated and signed by the bush administration required us to pull out our forces. that's a fact. no amount of "but it was supposed to be re-negotiated" changes that. further, our position was stronger when the agreement was negotiated. iraq was in more turmoil, and needed us more. that was the opportunity to negotiate for a long term presence, but nobody felt we needed one.

This is part of the GOP rewrite of history. Iraq was just fine until Obama became president. Oh wait, then why invade?

Stunning! It was actually Obama who predicted what would happen in Iraq.....in 2002

Transcript Obama s Speech Against The Iraq War NPR

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.
What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics.

I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaida. I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars.
So for those of us who seek a more just and secure world for our children, let us send a clear message to the president today. You want a fight, President Bush? Let's finish the fight with bin Laden and al-Qaida, through effective, coordinated intelligence, and a shutting down of the financial networks that support terrorism, and a homeland security program that involves more than color-coded warnings. You want a fight, President Bush?

LMAO and now Obama loves the Perle and Wolfowitz neocon plan. Destabilize every Arab country from Libya to Syria.

Stunning! It was actually Obama who predicted what would happen in Iraq.....in 2002

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.
What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics.

I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaida. I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars.
So for those of us who seek a more just and secure world for our children, let us send a clear message to the president today. You want a fight, President Bush? Let's finish the fight with bin Laden and al-Qaida, through effective, coordinated intelligence, and a shutting down of the financial networks that support terrorism, and a homeland security program that involves more than color-coded warnings. You want a fight, President Bush?

LMAO and now Obama loves the Perle and Wolfowitz neocon plan. Destabilize every Arab country from Libya to Syria.

Obama NAILED the situation in Iraq and our overreaction to it

If we had listened to Obama 5000 Americans would be alive today

you should take your own advice. our forces had to leave because they would not enter into a stay of forces agreement extension. so we had to leave on the date negotiated by baby bush.

I hope that helps.
Ahh, so Bush DID set the timeline & infact was the reason the war ended despite Obama taking credit for it?

Spin spin spin

You wish. Facts are your friends. You might want to avail yourself of some.

yet now he takes down Libya----imminent threat ? nope
Syria----imminent threat ? nope

he's created two more Iraqs

I must have missed the part about US casualties

I remember this as well.

Bush made a decision which, several years later our military backed up, Obama abides by the agreement and somehow, the right is now twisting that around to be Obama's doing.

RWs refuse to give Obama credit for getting bin Laden.

News just showed yet another American fighting for ISIS. Anyone wanna bet that when Obama kills those traitors, RWs will have a fit?

How long before RWs say that Obama started the Iraq mess?
Remember Obama was against the surge that won in Iraq. Obama would've lost the war if he was in charge, and when he was in charge. Well we see what happened.
We won in Iraq? What did we win? Was it worth it?

I must have missed the part about US casualties

There was no part about casualties--well an Ambassador was killed but who care about that any more ? And we gather up weapons in Libya and smuggle them Iraq through Turkey and whose hands to they end up in ? ISIS.
Neocons are working Obama well

Iraq was a big loss. Libya is ripe for the taking. Europe needs their oil to replace the Russian supply. Let them invade and run over the gangs. They should be able to conquer that shit hole in a week or two and have oil and gas pumping into Europe in a month. Their job, not ours. Let France and Germany use Libya as a training ground. They need tank practice anyhow.
Syria is no longer a regional power. At the time Obama warned them about the red line they were still an important and dangerous allied power to Iran. Those days are over.

Iraq was a big loss. Libya is ripe for the taking. Europe needs their oil to replace the Russian supply. Let them invade and run over the gangs. They should be able to conquer that shit hole in a week or two and have oil and gas pumping into Europe in a month. Their job, not ours. Let France and Germany use Libya as a training ground. They need tank practice anyhow.
Syria is no longer a regional power. At the time Obama warned them about the red line they were still an important and dangerous allied power to Iran. Those days are over.

Obama destabilized Libya and is trying really hard to do the same thing in Syria. This didn't work out well in Iraq. Why is he continuing the destabilizing ?

Forum List

Back