Stunning! Bush Predicted Iraq Disaster Obama Actually Created

so why didn't he negotiate a status of forces agreement when he had the leverage?

That's a fair question. Maybe that couldn't be done before a certain timeline?

We know Obama didn't do it, but did Bush have the chance prior? Anyone know?
yes, he did. he negotiated the status of forces agreement that required us to leave when we did.

There are no forces, therefore he did not negotiate. Use your head.

you should take your own advice. our forces had to leave because they would not enter into a stay of forces agreement extension. so we had to leave on the date negotiated by baby bush.

I hope that helps.
Because Obama and Kerry are inept.

so why didn't he negotiate a status of forces agreement when he had the leverage?

yes, he did. he negotiated the status of forces agreement that required us to leave when we did.

I remember this as well.

Bush made a decision which, several years later our military backed up, Obama abides by the agreement and somehow, the right is now twisting that around to be Obama's doing.

RWs refuse to give Obama credit for getting bin Laden.

News just showed yet another American fighting for ISIS. Anyone wanna bet that when Obama kills those traitors, RWs will have a fit?

How long before RWs say that Obama started the Iraq mess?

bush negotiated the status of forces agreement that only allowed us forces inside iraq cities until 6/30/09 and forces in iraq until 12/31/11.
use your google.

After which time a long term status (Think Germany and Japan post WW2) needed to be implemented. The reason it wasn't, is because Obama didn't really want it. It's that simple. It could have been done.
that's an interesting opinion, but it's just that. it's also not an informed one.
iraq didn't want to enter into that agreement. they only way they were going to allow our forces to stick around is if they had the ability to prosecute them in iraqi courts. would you have gone along with that?
and again, iraq was largely stable at the time. our leverage was gone. they didn't feel they needed us, so what exactly would have been their motivation for allowing us to stay?

What the fuck are you talking about? No troops in Iraq up to the time Bush was leaving the WH? Wtf. Use your head. Idiot.

Or are you saying Bush was so weak, Iraq's leaders at the time told him to get the fuck out. And Bush said okey dokey. Mission's accomplished anyway.

bush negotiated the status of forces agreement that only allowed us forces inside iraq cities until 6/30/09 and forces in iraq until 12/31/11.
use your google.

After which time a long term status (Think Germany and Japan post WW2) needed to be implemented. The reason it wasn't, is because Obama didn't really want it. It's that simple. It could have been done.
that's an interesting opinion, but it's just that. it's also not an informed one.
iraq didn't want to enter into that agreement. they only way they were going to allow our forces to stick around is if they had the ability to prosecute them in iraqi courts. would you have gone along with that?
and again, iraq was largely stable at the time. our leverage was gone. they didn't feel they needed us, so what exactly would have been their motivation for allowing us to stay?

Obama didn't want the agreement, he wanted out completely. A good team would have shown Iraq who was boss in a nice way and told them "this is the deal".

Obama wanted OUT. That's all, folks.

use your google.

Obama didn't want the agreement, he wanted out completely. A good team would have shown Iraq who was boss in a nice way and told them "this is the deal".

if that's the case why didn't that 'good team' do it when the first agreement was made, when we had leverage over iraq?
if it couldn't be done then, why do you think obama should have been able to make it happen?

Stunning! It was actually Obama who predicted what would happen in Iraq.....in 2002

Transcript Obama s Speech Against The Iraq War NPR

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.
What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics.

I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaida. I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars.
So for those of us who seek a more just and secure world for our children, let us send a clear message to the president today. You want a fight, President Bush? Let's finish the fight with bin Laden and al-Qaida, through effective, coordinated intelligence, and a shutting down of the financial networks that support terrorism, and a homeland security program that involves more than color-coded warnings. You want a fight, President Bush?

also, why the fuck is it our problem if iraq can't take care of itself? we gave them equipment, trained them, funded them. when will we have done enough for iraq?

use your google.

if that's the case why didn't that 'good team' do it when the first agreement was made, when we had leverage over iraq?
if it couldn't be done then, why do you think obama should have been able to make it happen?

I don't know and I think that is a fair question. I said earlier that I wonder if perhaps there needed to be specific time frames for X,Y and Z to happen, but I dont' know that for certain.

I really don't have a dog in the hunt, I want the truth.

Rather than negotiate the status of forces agreement, obama walked out. He fully intended that Iraq fall apart.

so why didn't Bush negotiate a status of forces agreement when he had the leverage?

the iraqis pushed for the obama style time line

the lefties praised it as his finest hour

• JANUARY 18, 2009

Thanks to this pragmatism, Obama can now work closely with the Iraqi government in managing the drawdown instead of spending his first months in office trying to wriggle out of an unacceptable deal. And this, I might speculate, is among the reasons why Robert Gates will continue as Secretary of Defense.

And thus I offer Bush's willingness to sign the SOFA mandating U.S. withdrawal from Iraq, and not the surge, as his finest moment in Iraq.

Bush s finest moment on Iraq SOFA not the surge

Other Bush Prediction

GB-mission-accomplished.jpg

More Bush predictions......

We Will In Fact Be Greeted As Liberators - Cheney

Mr. Russert: If your analysis is not correct, and we're not treated as liberators, but as conquerors, and the Iraqis begin to resist, particularly in Baghdad, do you think the American people are prepared for a long, costly, and bloody battle with significant American casualties?
Vice President Cheney: Well, I don't think it's likely to unfold that way, Tim, because I really do believe that we will be greeted as liberators. I've talked with a lot of Iraqis in the last several months myself, had them to the White House. The president and I have met with them, various groups and individuals, people who have devoted their lives from the outside to trying to change things inside Iraq. And like Kanan Makiya who's a professor at Brandeis, but an Iraqi, he's written great books about the subject, knows the country intimately, and is a part of the democratic opposition and resistance. The read we get on the people of Iraq is there is no question but what they want to the get rid of Saddam Hussein and they will welcome as liberators the United States when we come to do that.

so why didn't Bush negotiate a status of forces agreement when he had the leverage?

LOL...did you want him to come back out of retirement to get that done? Once you leave the Presidency, negotiating agreements becomes the job of the NEXT President! Saying Bush is at fault for Obama's failure to leave enough troops in Iraq to keep it stable is LAUGHABLE! Barry was so busy congratulating himself on being "the war stopper"! that he totally ignored what was happening in Iraq.

also, why the fuck is it our problem if iraq can't take care of itself? we gave them equipment, trained them, funded them. when will we have done enough for iraq?

Because the early withdrawal of troops has allowed a terrorist "nation" to be created...run by people who make Al Queda look like your neighborhood Cub Scout group? Do you REALLY need someone to tell you why that's a problem for us?

LOL...did you want him to come back out of retirement to get that done? Once you leave the Presidency, negotiating agreements becomes the job of the NEXT President! Saying Bush is at fault for Obama's failure to leave enough troops in Iraq to keep it stable is LAUGHABLE! Barry was so busy congratulating himself on being "the war stopper"! that he totally ignored what was happening in Iraq.
no. my question is why it wasn't done the first time.
it's not a hard concept.

I remember this as well.

Bush made a decision which, several years later our military backed up, Obama abides by the agreement and somehow, the right is now twisting that around to be Obama's doing.

RWs refuse to give Obama credit for getting bin Laden.

News just showed yet another American fighting for ISIS. Anyone wanna bet that when Obama kills those traitors, RWs will have a fit?

How long before RWs say that Obama started the Iraq mess?
Remember Obama was against the surge that won in Iraq. Obama would've lost the war if he was in charge, and when he was in charge. Well we see what happened.

Forum List

Back