Stunning! Bush Predicted Iraq Disaster Obama Actually Created

Stunning! It was actually Obama who predicted what would happen in Iraq.....in 2002

Transcript Obama s Speech Against The Iraq War NPR

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.
What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics.

I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaida. I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars.
So for those of us who seek a more just and secure world for our children, let us send a clear message to the president today. You want a fight, President Bush? Let's finish the fight with bin Laden and al-Qaida, through effective, coordinated intelligence, and a shutting down of the financial networks that support terrorism, and a homeland security program that involves more than color-coded warnings. You want a fight, President Bush?

LMAO and now Obama loves the Perle and Wolfowitz neocon plan. Destabilize every Arab country from Libya to Syria.

Obama NAILED the situation in Iraq and our overreaction to it

If we had listened to Obama 5000 Americans would be alive today

yet now he takes down Libya----imminent threat ? nope
Syria----imminent threat ? nope

he's created two more Iraqs
Iraq was a big loss. Libya is ripe for the taking. Europe needs their oil to replace the Russian supply. Let them invade and run over the gangs. They should be able to conquer that shit hole in a week or two and have oil and gas pumping into Europe in a month. Their job, not ours. Let France and Germany use Libya as a training ground. They need tank practice anyhow.
Syria is no longer a regional power. At the time Obama warned them about the red line they were still an important and dangerous allied power to Iran. Those days are over.

Obama destabilized Libya and is trying really hard to do the same thing in Syria. This didn't work out well in Iraq. Why is he continuing the destabilizing ?
Obama didn't do the destabilizing. He allowed the destabilization to take place all on it's own. He simply didn't intrude into what was happening. Rather he allowed other countries in the region to handle a regional problem. It is part of his doctrine of not being the worlds policemen and of leading from behind. He is specifically not using the doctrine of Bush which was to use American forces to attempt to obtain uncertain and unrealistic results.
Replace the word destabilize with weaken. We didn't weaken Iraq. We filled the country up with weapons and munitions. Those are know turned against us and our interest.

Horse shit. We shelled Libya and assisted the coup there and are heavily invested in training and arming rebels to take out Assad.

Horse shit. We shelled Libya and assisted the coup there and are heavily invested in training and arming rebels to take out Assad.
What do you mean we shelled Libya? The revolution in Libya began in Feb 15-16. The UN authorized the no fly zone and military action a month later. Two days later the first strike was made to protect fleeing citizens of Benghazi from columns of government tanks.
All the funds used to fund rebels in Syria were voted on and approved by Congress.
Do you have links to show where your misinformation comes from or is it talk radio nonsense that is stuck in your head?

This thread would be funny were the results of Cheney/Bush's 10 year occupation not so disastrous both in lives lost & TRILLIONS OF BORROWED TAXPAYER $$$ basically thrown in the river

Rubber Room material

Stunning! It was actually Obama who predicted what would happen in Iraq.....in 2002

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.
What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics.

I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaida. I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars.
So for those of us who seek a more just and secure world for our children, let us send a clear message to the president today. You want a fight, President Bush? Let's finish the fight with bin Laden and al-Qaida, through effective, coordinated intelligence, and a shutting down of the financial networks that support terrorism, and a homeland security program that involves more than color-coded warnings. You want a fight, President Bush?
yep,

OP blaming the guy who adamantly cautioned the Repubs to not let the genie out of the bottle now blamed by them lol

rw logic is fun/funny were the results not so disastrous to this great nation :(

LMAO and now Obama loves the Perle and Wolfowitz neocon plan. Destabilize every Arab country from Libya to Syria.

Obama NAILED the situation in Iraq and our overreaction to it

If we had listened to Obama 5000 Americans would be alive today

yet now he takes down Libya----imminent threat ? nope
Syria----imminent threat ? nope

he's created two more Iraqs

I must have missed the part about US casualties

There was no part about casualties--well an Ambassador was killed but who care about that any more ? And we gather up weapons in Libya and smuggle them Iraq through Turkey and whose hands to they end up in ? ISIS.
Neocons are working Obama well

Once again....

Conservatives struggle with equivalencies as they try to equate four Americans killed by terrorists to 5000 soldiers killed in an unnecessary war

again liberals have trouble seeing the larger picture and have no problem with massive military spending as long as Obama is doing it.
Neocon strategy used to be the devils plan. Now it's Obama's so it's a good one.

Bush prediction and you quote Cheney

Buck stops here?

Bush is not responsible for his VPs public statements? Where was the Bush denial?

Damn, Winger...you sure you want to go down that road! Does that make Barry responsible for every stupid thing that comes out of Joe Biden's mouth? Just sayin'...:ack-1::ack-1::ack-1:

Are republicans now disavowing Cheney's "They will treat us as liberators"?

so why didn't Bush negotiate a status of forces agreement when he had the leverage?

Because it's not President Bush's job to make policy based on the assumption that the President after him will be a complete idiot.

right, an opinion piece on national review is completely credible and without bias.

here are the facts - the agreement negotiated and signed by the bush administration required us to pull out our forces. that's a fact. no amount of "but it was supposed to be re-negotiated" changes that. further, our position was stronger when the agreement was negotiated. iraq was in more turmoil, and needed us more. that was the opportunity to negotiate for a long term presence, but nobody felt we needed one.
That was about as clear as your stage name.

"America’s Secret Libya War

The U.S. military has spent about $1 billion on Libya’s revolution, and secretly helped NATO with everything from munitions to surveillance aircraft. John Barry provides an exclusive look at Obama’s emerging 'covert intervention' strategy. "

America s Secret Libya War U.S. Spent 1 Billion on Covert Ops Helping NATO - The Daily Beast
First, you used the word coup to indicate some kind of early involvement in fomenting the rebellion. You also mentioned shelling which would indicate boots on the ground. Your link disproves your allegation of "secret" support because you are using a newspaper article. Newspaper articles are not secret. And anyhow, everyone knew that the US was assisting other NATO members with supplies of munitions. It was being reported in real time.
At some point we have to stop distorting and twisting facts and just making things up just to attack a President we don't like. It weakens us as a nation.

So to get oil he doesn't get and to impress his daddy, W makes a huge mess, completely destabilizing an area that has never been stable, kills and maims hundreds of thousands, runs the US into bankruptcy, decimates an innocent country, lets an enemy of America get away because he's a family friend, says "Mission Accomplished", swaggers a bit, commits war crimes, paints his feet in the bathtub and its Obama's fault.

Obama caused Desert Storm too.

Right?

"completely destabilizing an area that has never been stable".

uh what? haha So he destabilized an area that's not stable?

Presidents have term limits so it's up to the next President to assess and make the right adjustments based on the news of today. Obama just played the blame game and did nothing to appropriately manage the Iraq situation. Like it or not Obama owns it.

Forum List

Back