Stunning! Bush Predicted Iraq Disaster Obama Actually Created

Stunning! It was actually Obama who predicted what would happen in Iraq.....in 2002

Transcript Obama s Speech Against The Iraq War NPR

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.
What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics.

I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaida. I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars.
So for those of us who seek a more just and secure world for our children, let us send a clear message to the president today. You want a fight, President Bush? Let's finish the fight with bin Laden and al-Qaida, through effective, coordinated intelligence, and a shutting down of the financial networks that support terrorism, and a homeland security program that involves more than color-coded warnings. You want a fight, President Bush?

LMAO and now Obama loves the Perle and Wolfowitz neocon plan. Destabilize every Arab country from Libya to Syria.

Obama NAILED the situation in Iraq and our overreaction to it

If we had listened to Obama 5000 Americans would be alive today

yet now he takes down Libya----imminent threat ? nope
Syria----imminent threat ? nope

he's created two more Iraqs
Iraq was a big loss. Libya is ripe for the taking. Europe needs their oil to replace the Russian supply. Let them invade and run over the gangs. They should be able to conquer that shit hole in a week or two and have oil and gas pumping into Europe in a month. Their job, not ours. Let France and Germany use Libya as a training ground. They need tank practice anyhow.
Syria is no longer a regional power. At the time Obama warned them about the red line they were still an important and dangerous allied power to Iran. Those days are over.

Obama destabilized Libya and is trying really hard to do the same thing in Syria. This didn't work out well in Iraq. Why is he continuing the destabilizing ?
Obama didn't do the destabilizing. He allowed the destabilization to take place all on it's own. He simply didn't intrude into what was happening. Rather he allowed other countries in the region to handle a regional problem. It is part of his doctrine of not being the worlds policemen and of leading from behind. He is specifically not using the doctrine of Bush which was to use American forces to attempt to obtain uncertain and unrealistic results.
Replace the word destabilize with weaken. We didn't weaken Iraq. We filled the country up with weapons and munitions. Those are know turned against us and our interest.

Iraq in a nutshell:

handfeed.jpg

Shelling in no way insinuates boots on the ground and if you don't think the CIAs presence has anything to do with black ops you're crazy.

This sums up our current situation in Iraq....

When Dick Cheney is specifically asked
Mr. Russert: If your analysis is not correct, and we're not treated as liberators, but as conquerors, and the Iraqis begin to resist, particularly in Baghdad, do you think the American people are prepared for a long, costly, and bloody battle with significant American casualties?

Russert specifically predicted an unstable Iraq and large number of casualties after we invaded to which Cheney responded

Vice President Cheney: Well, I don't think it's likely to unfold that way, Tim, because I really do believe that we will be greeted as liberators.

No one ever mentions that Bush had the option of deciding not to sign the agreement with Iraq in Dec of 2008. He could have said "You know, you guys have taken so long to reach and agreement with us that I prefer not to strap the next President, who will be taking over in one month, with this agreement. Lets just wait for the next guy to take over and you can talk to him. He might have some different ideas".
Shelling in no way insinuates boots on the ground and if you don't think the CIAs presence has anything to do with black ops you're crazy.
Where do shells come from? Do we still use 105's with Spooky?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/22/washington/22combat.html?_r=2&hp&

a somewhat good article regarding what was planned and how many troops would remain in Iraq, after 2011. Gates at that time stated there would probably be several tens of thousands there-just relabeled. As we know Gates was retired jn July, 2011, just before the withdrawal, and Obama's new team changed the course.
Also interesting is there were 2 agreements signed which .gov has coveniently now removed the pdf's of.
Renewal in Iraq

it was also common knowledge that the new President had the capability of negotiating on the terms, as well.

so why didn't Bush negotiate a status of forces agreement when he had the leverage?

He didn't have a choice. The Iraqis went to the UNSC and asked them to not renew the occupation mandate for the US, thus forcing a SOFA with Iraq. He was played by the Iraqis.

President Bush warned that if we pulled out of Iraq too soon, it would be dangerous for Iraq, the region and the United States
Are you fucking kidding me? We wouldn't BE in any mess if Bush hadn't lied us into an unnecessary war. Fuck you and Bush for that load of shit.

Joe summed up the situation correctly...once out of one hundred tries.....

Labor-Day-Biden-528x1024.jpg

so why didn't he negotiate a status of forces agreement when he had the leverage?

That's a fair question. Maybe that couldn't be done before a certain timeline?

We know Obama didn't do it, but did Bush have the chance prior? Anyone know?
yes, he did. he negotiated the status of forces agreement that required us to leave when we did.

There are no forces, therefore he did not negotiate. Use your head.
bush negotiated the status of forces agreement that only allowed us forces inside iraq cities until 6/30/09 and forces in iraq until 12/31/11.
use your google.

After which time a long term status (Think Germany and Japan post WW2) needed to be implemented. The reason it wasn't, is because Obama didn't really want it. It's that simple. It could have been done.
that's an interesting opinion, but it's just that. it's also not an informed one.
iraq didn't want to enter into that agreement. they only way they were going to allow our forces to stick around is if they had the ability to prosecute them in iraqi courts. would you have gone along with that?
and again, iraq was largely stable at the time. our leverage was gone. they didn't feel they needed us, so what exactly would have been their motivation for allowing us to stay?

Obama didn't want the agreement, he wanted out completely. A good team would have shown Iraq who was boss in a nice way and told them "this is the deal".

Obama wanted OUT. That's all, folks.

So the initial team, President Bush, was not a good team is exactly what you're saying. But all you want is to blame President Obama.

We are living through 1980 all over again. Obama is Jimmy Carter, only worse.

It was always apparent that the GOP was going to attempt to "Carter-ize" President Obama. It just irks them to no end that Carter was right and Raygun was wrong.

Bush prediction and you quote Cheney

Buck stops here?

Bush is not responsible for his VPs public statements? Where was the Bush denial?

Damn, Winger...you sure you want to go down that road! Does that make Barry responsible for every stupid thing that comes out of Joe Biden's mouth? Just sayin'...:ack-1::ack-1::ack-1:

Are republicans now disavowing Cheney's "They will treat us as liberators"?

Dick Cheney doesn't speak for me as a Republican. He has his opinions...I have mine. I found that comment to be optimistic quite frankly. In my opinion far too many of the players in the Middle East have no loyalty to anyone other than themselves to count on them to do the right thing. They don't care what's good for their country...or the region. Assad in Syria...Ghadafi in Libya...Maliki in Iraq...all of them were thinking of themselves not their people.

The only group in the area that I have any respect for are the Kurds. I would have given them Statehood as a reward for fighting against Saddam. We chose not to do that so as to appease Turkey. I think that was a mistake. At the moment they are one of the few stable governments in the area even with a "quasi-state" designation.

We are living through 1980 all over again. Obama is Jimmy Carter, only worse.

It was always apparent that the GOP was going to attempt to "Carter-ize" President Obama. It just irks them to no end that Carter was right and Raygun was wrong.

LOL...well, if Carter was so "right" then don't you think it's amusing that you view it as an insult when the GOP brands Obama as the second coming of Carter?

To be honest with you, I don't think Carter was anything like Obama. Carter was an intelligent and honorable man who's Administration wasn't riddled with scandal like Obama's is. Jimmy Carter was an outsider who never quite figured out Washington but his heart was in the right place.

I don't think the GOP should try and "Carter-ize" Obama either! It's an insult to Carter.

This is part of the GOP rewrite of history. Iraq was just fine until Obama became president. Oh wait, then why invade?

What else would you expect? Conservatism has to rewrite history, because history repeatedly proves conservatism to be on the wrong side of history.

These 'rewriters' are the same propagandists who are out there - for example - trying to convince people that the Nazis were liberals,

and that because the south was run by Democrats up until the second half of thte 20th century, then liberalism must be to blame for slavery and later segregation.

Hell, trying to blame Iraq on Obama, on Democrats, on liberals, is fairly low level on the Big Lie scale when you look at the history of Conservative propaganda.

Buck stops here?

Bush is not responsible for his VPs public statements? Where was the Bush denial?

Damn, Winger...you sure you want to go down that road! Does that make Barry responsible for every stupid thing that comes out of Joe Biden's mouth? Just sayin'...:ack-1::ack-1::ack-1:
Well Obama had to pick someone stupider than himself to be vp. See how stupid he had to go? Wow, just wow.

What's being "blamed" on Barack Obama is his total inability to deal with foreign policy problems throughout the world...as well as Iraq! Barry knew full well what was going on the Middle East when he took office. He chose to go the "Cairo Speech" route and apologize for America's actions, seeming to think that doing so would make Arabs in the region love us. So here we are six years later and you've got Islamic terrorists taunting Obama while they decapitate Americans.

So when do Obama, Democrats and liberals start to take responsibility for their actions when it comes to foreign policy? Or are you going to take a page out of Hillary's play book and ask: "At this point...what difference does it make!"

Buck stops here?

Well Obama had to pick someone stupider than himself to be vp. See how stupid he had to go? Wow, just wow.

Having Joe Biden as your VP is going to make a whole lot of people think twice about impeaching the President! You'd go from detached and incompetent...to stupid and senile.

President Bush warned that if we pulled out of Iraq too soon, it would be dangerous for Iraq, the region and the United States; it would mean surrendering the future of Iraq to al Qaeda. It would mean we are risking mass killings on a grand scale. It would allow the terrorists to replace the safe haven they lost in Afghanistan. It would mean we’d have to return at a later date to confront an enemy who is even more dangerous.

Bush created this situation by insisting we go in on false pretenses. We should have waited until we had armed Iraqis in situ to do most of the fighting or, at the very least, a much larger coalition. Obama just did what most Americans, except the terminally stupid, wanted. If the situation is bad, it's because of the lack of planning for the aftermath, i.e. Bush's fault. Many Americans supported the war including many Democrats, but the real problem was the incompetence of the Bush team that thought they could start a new war before finishing the first and create a nation out of people that have been fighting each other for centuries.

I actually approve of what's going on now. Iraqis are doing the fighting and we're providing air support.

Forum List

Back