Super Bowl Commercials

I didn't understand the message of the commercial with the double amputee girl living in water world?
At the end of the bizarre commercial, the name of the sponsor Toyota, was shown in large letters.
Exactly how did this strange multi million dollar ad help Toyota sell their cars? ... :dunno:

The Will Ferrell ad for EV's was funny, but Springsteen and Jeep stole the show. This ad was beautifully written and filmed and important. I was struck with the starkness of the landscape. Almost no people in the ad. Just Bruce and his haunting voice and message. Everyone is home - retreating to their corners on the Facebooks and the USMBs, the chapel is empty, and no one seems to be interested in Meeting in the Middle.

24 million hits on the Tubers in around 12 hours - Amazing

The People in the Middle know where the Middle is ... And it ain't on either coast ... :thup:

The people on the coast are willing to meet in the middle. That seems to be task too tall for Trumpublicans.

Libs populate both coasts. Trumpo supporters are already in the middle.

If you're sincere about "meeting in the middle", then it's the libs who need to get movin'...

Springsteen's quasi blue collar persona is fake AF. I don't think he ever had a blue collar job in his entire life.

You've obviously never tried to "make it" as a musician.

It doesn't get much more "blue collar" tha playing 8-12 gigs a month until 2:00am, loading your gear in at 7:00pm and breaking it down and packing it up at 3:00am, and getting paid $200 plus some tips to split four ways between the band for your troubles.

It's not like he picked up a guitar and then immediately started playing four hour stadium shows...
Being a musician is a band isn't blue collar work.

The fuck it isn't...

Springsteen's quasi blue collar persona is fake AF. I don't think he ever had a blue collar job in his entire life.

You've obviously never tried to "make it" as a musician.

It doesn't get much more "blue collar" tha playing 8-12 gigs a month until 2:00am, loading your gear in at 7:00pm and breaking it down and packing it up at 3:00am, and getting paid $200 plus some tips to split four ways between the band for your troubles.

It's not like he picked up a guitar and then immediately started playing four hour stadium shows...
Being a musician is a band isn't blue collar work.

The fuck it isn't...
A roofer, landscaper, carpenter, hvac installation, hanging dry wall, etc., is blue collar work. Playing gigs in bars or arenas, writing, composing, and recording music isn't blue collar. Same for on and off broadway actors/performers, (people who build to stage sets are blue collar), your local Symphony Pops, Shakespeare Theatres, etc., these people are entertainers.

The Jeep one was hilarious with Comrade Springsteen lecturing Americans about ReeEEee-Uniting under Xiden, after his four years of calling us Nazis. It was especially hilarious to see him dressed up as a cowboy and putting a church behind him.

I can just imagine the kool-aid haired land whales and limp-wristed homos sitting around a boardroom table dreaming that idea up. “We can have Bruce Springsteen wearing one of those racist cowboy hats, with one of those bigot buildings behind him, and show a map with fly-over country, and oh my gawd, they will totally buy into it and want to buy a Jeep”.
I really liked that commercial--didn't know it was Bruce Springsteen!!!

A roofer, landscaper, carpenter, hvac installation, hanging dry wall, etc., is blue collar work. Playing gigs in bars or arenas, writing, composing, and recording music isn't blue collar. Same for on and off broadway actors/performers, (people who build to stage sets are blue collar), your local Symphony Pops, Shakespeare Theatres, etc., these people are entertainers.

I don't see that as being much different than someone who has to hump amplifiers and PA's into some dive bar for $200 a night. Or maybe you think everyone in a bar band has roadies.

But, yeah, playing three hours at the Freehold Elks Lodge is rarefied air in the music biz...

1612813829257.png

The Will Ferrell ad for EV's was funny, but Springsteen and Jeep stole the show. This ad was beautifully written and filmed and important in its message. I was struck with the starkness of the landscape. Almost no people in the ad. Just Bruce and his haunting voice and message. Everyone is home - retreating to their corners on the Facebooks and the USMBs, the chapel is empty, and no one seems to be interested in Meeting in the Middle.

24 million hits on the Tubers in around 12 hours - Amazing

And it made the trumpanzees cry. That's a plus.

Yea, great marketing idea, insult half the country and a huge portion of your fan base. I’m sure all those Jeep guys with decals of the Thin Blue Line and US flag decals on their Jeeps appreciate it.

Forum List

Back