Super Bowl Commercials

The Will Ferrell ad for EV's was funny, but Springsteen and Jeep stole the show. This ad was beautifully written and filmed and important. I was struck with the starkness of the landscape. Almost no people in the ad. Just Bruce and his haunting voice and message. Everyone is home - retreating to their corners on the Facebooks and the USMBs, the chapel is empty, and no one seems to be interested in Meeting in the Middle.

24 million hits on the Tubers in around 12 hours - Amazing

The People in the Middle know where the Middle is ... And it ain't on either coast ... :thup:

The people on the coast are willing to meet in the middle. That seems to be task too tall for Trumpublicans.

They are? What are they willing to give up?

Why should they give anything up? An opinion maybe. Opinions can change with proper dialogue.
Not that that would ever happen here in USMB mind ya ;)
What are you willing to give up?

You said, "The people on the coast are willing to meet in the middle". That means they're willing to compromise, to give up something they want in order to get something else that they want. So, again, what are they willing to give up? Because if there is nothing or they don't think they need to give anything up, they're certainly NOT willing to meet in the middle. Must all be democrats.

Remind the class about all the compromises Republicans made in the past four years. Oh that's right - there were none :dunno:

Dude, you are NOT "in the middle". But I did enjoy your post about sports ;-)

The middle isn't about President Trump or President Biden ... Or any of your other fucking nonsense
It's the same thing as the "sports post" you mentioned.

I'm watching the field, each player, where they are, and what threats or opportunities they present.
You are reading the field, getting faked out by the low hanging fruit, and lunging at opportunities.
Those opportunities, produce little of substance, and won't get you across home plate if you are looking for the middle.

I am in the middle ... It's just that your blinders don't apply to me ... :thup:

Trumpettes have never been in the middle. They are beholden to a cult of personality and prone to believing lies and conspiracy theories.

Dude, you are NOT "in the middle". But I did enjoy your post about sports ;-)

The middle isn't about President Trump or President Biden ... Or any of your other fucking nonsense
It's the same thing as the "sports post" you mentioned.

I'm watching the field, each player, where they are, and what threats or opportunities they present.
You are reading the field, getting faked out by the low hanging fruit, and lunging at opportunities.
Those opportunities, produce little of substance, and won't get you across home plate if you are looking for the middle.

I am in the middle ... It's just that your blinders don't apply to me ... :thup:

Trumpettes have never been in the middle. They are beholden to a cult of personality and prone to believing lies and conspiracy theories.
We dislike America haters.....why compromise with commies who hate what the US stands for?

More low hanging utter nonsense about President Trump, and anyone else, that serves nothing of worth or value.
You don't know where the Middle is, because you are lost in the fucking woods, and haven't realized you're just walking in circles.

No closer to ever finding your way out... :thup:

More low hanging utter nonsense about President Trump, and anyone else, that serves nothing of worth or value.
You don't know where the Middle is, because you are lost in the fucking woods, and haven't realized you're just walking in circles.

No closer to ever finding your way out... :thup:

I'll be fine. I am concerned about you however. ;)

The Will Ferrell ad for EV's was funny, but Springsteen and Jeep stole the show. This ad was beautifully written and filmed and important. I was struck with the starkness of the landscape. Almost no people in the ad. Just Bruce and his haunting voice and message. Everyone is home - retreating to their corners on the Facebooks and the USMBs, the chapel is empty, and no one seems to be interested in Meeting in the Middle.

The People in the Middle know where the Middle is ... And it ain't on either coast ... :thup:

The people on the coast are willing to meet in the middle. That seems to be task too tall for Trumpublicans.

Why should they give anything up? An opinion maybe. Opinions can change with proper dialogue.

You said, "The people on the coast are willing to meet in the middle". That means they're willing to compromise, to give up something they want in order to get something else that they want. So, again, what are they willing to give up? Because if there is nothing or they don't think they need to give anything up, they're certainly NOT willing to meet in the middle. Must all be democrats.

Remind the class about all the compromises Republicans made in the past four years. Oh that's right - there were none :dunno:

Irrelevant deflection. The statement made was, and I remind everyone, "The people on the coast are willing to meet in the middle". Apparently, that statement was false, or you would have shown what they were willing to do to accomplish that. Obviously, nothing. So were you lying or being sarcastic because you know the people on the coast have no intention of meeting anyone in the middle?

Irrelevant deflection. The statement made was, and I remind everyone, "The people on the coast are willing to meet in the middle". Apparently, that statement was false, or you would have shown what they were willing to do to accomplish that. Obviously, nothing. So were you lying or being sarcastic because you know the people on the coast have no intention of meeting anyone in the middle?

Only the fringe can adjust how far it is from the Middle.

Only the fringe can adjust how far it is from the Middle.

Ya gotta love bumper sticker arguments. People hear a sound bite and post it like it's a solid argument. Scratch the surface and it falls apart.

Listen to your new president - If anyone can do it, he can.

Springsteen's quasi blue collar persona is fake AF. I don't think he ever had a blue collar job in his entire life.

You've obviously never tried to "make it" as a musician.

It doesn't get much more "blue collar" tha playing 8-12 gigs a month until 2:00am, loading your gear in at 7:00pm and breaking it down and packing it up at 3:00am, and getting paid $200 plus some tips to split four ways between the band for your troubles.

It's not like he picked up a guitar and then immediately started playing four hour stadium shows...

So, what are they willing to give up? And which were you doing, lying or making a sarcastic comment?

Pinochijoe hahahahahaha

The Jeep one was hilarious with Comrade Springsteen lecturing Americans about ReeEEee-Uniting under Xiden, after his four years of calling us Nazis. It was especially hilarious to see him dressed up as a cowboy and putting a church behind him.

I can just imagine the kool-aid haired land whales and limp-wristed homos sitting around a boardroom table dreaming that idea up. “We can have Bruce Springsteen wearing one of those racist cowboy hats, with one of those bigot buildings behind him, and show a map with fly-over country, and oh my gawd, they will totally buy into it and want to buy a Jeep”.
He wants us to unite under the red star.

Springsteen's quasi blue collar persona is fake AF. I don't think he ever had a blue collar job in his entire life.

It doesn't get much more "blue collar" tha playing 8-12 gigs a month until 2:00am, loading your gear in at 7:00pm and breaking it down and packing it up at 3:00am, and getting paid $200 plus some tips to split four ways between the band for your troubles.

It's not like he picked up a guitar and then immediately started playing four hour stadium shows...
Agree about the blue collar part, when did he turn commie then??

Being a musician is a band isn't blue collar work.

Being a musician is a band isn't blue collar work.

Springsteen's upbringing was VERY blue collar.
And he didn't inherit half a billion from his Daddy.

Forum List

Back