Support Officer Derik Chauvin.

The coroner's report ruled out asphyxiation as the cause of death. Floyd died because his heart stopped beating, sudden cardiac arrest. Floyd was able to breathe right up until his heart stopped beating.
What Chauvin was doing CONTRIBUTED to Floyds death. Floyd had a medical conndition and drugs in his body that also contributed to his death, but that does not excuse Chauvins part in causing Floyd to die.

When Chauvin was told that Floyd had no pulse, that should have immediately ended the neck restraint and attempts made to revive Floyd. Instead that scared little hater kept going with his knee in Floyd's n eck.

Manslaughter is the minimum Floyd should get, along with reckless endangement and malicious assault.
Probably what he will actually end up with. Over charging is a mistake that sometime pisses juries off on multiple count indictments. No place for proprietorial fishing trips to see what you can get. Need to concentrate on what you can prove.
Since you cannot prove anything the police did caused Floyd's death, what you are really saying is that there is no case at all.

The coroner's report ruled out asphyxiation as the cause of death. Floyd died because his heart stopped beating, sudden cardiac arrest. Floyd was able to breathe right up until his heart stopped beating.
What Chauvin was doing CONTRIBUTED to Floyds death. Floyd had a medical conndition and drugs in his body that also contributed to his death, but that does not excuse Chauvins part in causing Floyd to die.

When Chauvin was told that Floyd had no pulse, that should have immediately ended the neck restraint and attempts made to revive Floyd. Instead that scared little hater kept going with his knee in Floyd's n eck.

Manslaughter is the minimum Floyd should get, along with reckless endangement and malicious assault.
he was not trying to kill him...manslaughter at most
[/QUOTE
Not even manslaughter. Manslaughter means intent to kill but without malice.

Pinning him down until he gave up hope of escaping and calmed down would have seemed the safest option.

In other words, brutally torturing him into submission.
No, restraining him until he calmed down enough to be safely transported to the precinct to process his arrest. You seem to be confusing your emotional response to the image of a white man kneeling on a black man's neck with the facts of the case. Neck restraints are not only legal but specifically permitted in Minneapolis to get control of a subject who is resisting and they have been used hundreds of times in Minneapolis in the last few years with no deaths of serious injuries reported.

That's allowed in order to control someone with "light to moderate pressure" or "with the intention of rendering the person unconscious by applying adequate pressure." The latter act is authorized only to protect officer lives with a suspect who is "actively aggressive" and cannot be controlled by lesser methods.

Scott said he's shocked that's allowed.

"I have never seen an agency in writing promote that type of force in such a critical area that is so susceptible to damage or death," Scott said, "and I’ve traveled the country and seen many use of force policies."​

There are many alternative methods to control someone who is handcuffed. So the Minneapolis rules also don't allow for the cop to sit on him for a long time until the suspect is likely dead like Chauvin did. Chauvin violated the rule also because his life or other officer's lives were surely never in danger.

It is also unforgiveable to ignore Floyd's pleas of distress. With three cops there and Floyd in handcuffs, they would lose absolutely nothing to take his pleas seriously.
You are confusing the neck restraint the police used in this case with a choke hold, which is also allowed, but this was not a choke hold. The knee restraint Chauvin used is a safe and effective technique for regaining control of a subject who is resisting and does not cause serious injury. A choke hold compresses the carotid arteries to slow or stop the flow of blood to the brain, thus rendering the subject unconscious, but Chauvin's knee was nowhere near the carotid arteries so this was not a choke hold but merely a very safe and effective way of preventing Floyd from getting up before he had calmed down.

The Minneapolis police manual allows neck restraints if in the officer's judgement no other method of regaining control over the situation will be effective.

'The on-line version of the policy manual says, "The unconscious neck restraint shall only be applied … 1. On a subject who is exhibiting active aggression, or; 2. For life saving purposes, or; 3. On a subject who is exhibiting active resistance in order to gain control of the subject; and if lesser attempts at control have been or would likely be ineffective."'

Minneapolis police made 44 people unconscious with neck restraints

So the actions the police took were not only legal but in full compliance with Minneapolis police department rules, and were know to be safe. When Floyd complained that he couldn't breathe, Chauvin knew he was not compressing Floyd's larynx or carotid arteries, so he knew nothing he was doing was causing Floyd to have trouble breathing so he had no reason to think anything he was doing was in any way endangering Floyd's life, so why has the state of Minnesota charged the cops with intentionally killing Floyd?

Floyd had coronary artery disease and a hypertensive heart, both of which made him high risk to die from a heart attack or heart failure, and his heart just couldn't handle the stress of being arrested and going back to prison for the fourth time, so why is the state of Minnesota charging the police with intentionally killing Floyd?

The answer is clear and simple. This is an election year and Democratic politicians can't win elections without a strong turnout of black voters so Democrats across the country and in D.C. will continue to surrender to the mobs at least through November.

Are you as astonished by the level of stupidity of most of the people around here as I am? I showed them a video that shows a couple cops from the Czech Republic who were showing the knee on the neck restraint with WAY more force than what was used on Floyd. Yet they seem to enjoy thinking that officer Chauvin murdered Floyd with the hold. Also, I agree with your assessment. Officer Chauvin is basically a political prisoner to gain votes.

Great. Just tell me what you are going to tell him. Then you can hear from me.
If you have something to say to me, say it.

I already did. But that wasn't the point. I said that whatever you would say to the hero cop Derik Chauvin, say it to me. I will answer you here and now. Officer Chauvin would probably just use your letter as toilet paper and not answer you. I will.

Chauvin is no hero.

Maybe not. But he sure as hell isn't a murderer.

Manslaughter. He intentionally disregarded policy. He didn't do his job correctly. Period.

The policy is to subdue a struggling criminal. Anything is BS. Also, there is much that they leave up to the cop's discretion. For example, I was going through a park one day and a couple lowlifes started giving me some lip. So I gave them the bird and told them to fuck off. They followed me. I ended up getting into a fight with one of them. Afterwards, I called the cops. They eventually showed up. The cop went over and talked to them. Then they walked away. Maybe they told him I surrounded them. I don't know. But I guess in some cases, assault is ok.

When Floyd complained about not being able to breathe, it was up to the cop as to whether or not to believe him. And when he stopped moving, how was the cop to know that he was anything other than passed out. He may not even have been dead at the time. But luckily, he ended up that way. Also, they called an ambulance for him. What more were they supposed to do. Give him CPR and catch coronavirus?

They were supposed to follow police procedure. They didn't. Period.

Restraining detained suspects who are putting up a fight IS police procedure. Period.

Great. Just tell me what you are going to tell him. Then you can hear from me.
If you have something to say to me, say it.

I already did. But that wasn't the point. I said that whatever you would say to the hero cop Derik Chauvin, say it to me. I will answer you here and now. Officer Chauvin would probably just use your letter as toilet paper and not answer you. I will.

Chauvin is no hero.

Maybe not. But he sure as hell isn't a murderer.

Manslaughter. He intentionally disregarded policy. He didn't do his job correctly. Period.

The policy is to subdue a struggling criminal. Anything is BS. Also, there is much that they leave up to the cop's discretion. For example, I was going through a park one day and a couple lowlifes started giving me some lip. So I gave them the bird and told them to fuck off. They followed me. I ended up getting into a fight with one of them. Afterwards, I called the cops. They eventually showed up. The cop went over and talked to them. Then they walked away. Maybe they told him I surrounded them. I don't know. But I guess in some cases, assault is ok.

When Floyd complained about not being able to breathe, it was up to the cop as to whether or not to believe him. And when he stopped moving, how was the cop to know that he was anything other than passed out. He may not even have been dead at the time. But luckily, he ended up that way. Also, they called an ambulance for him. What more were they supposed to do. Give him CPR and catch coronavirus?

They were supposed to follow police procedure. They didn't. Period.

Restraining detained suspects who are putting up a fight IS police procedure. Period.

Duh.

One the suspect is secured, the proper procedure is to sit them upright. Chauvin didn't follow procedure.
Exactly!
Cuffs on...suspect is in custody.

Tell your lies to your negro buddies. They don't fly with me. He was cuffed. And in the back of a cop car. But that didn't keep him from struggling more.

He wasn't secured in the patrol vehicle. He was on the ground. Stop your nonsense. You're making up shit, and not helping.

He was cuffed and in the back of a cop car. And still struggling. That is how he ended up where he was. Deal with it.

Floyd caused his own death by fighting with the cops. If what Chauvin did wouldn't have killed a normal person, you can't say that what he did killed Floyd. Next, exactly when was Chauvin told that Floyd had no pulse. Post the video and tell me how many seconds into it is so I can see for myself. Otherwise, I'm going to assume you are making shit up.

he was not trying to kill him...manslaughter at most
Well it might be difficult to convince a jury of that as he was told by many people that he was holding his neck down with his knee too long, that Floyd had no pulse and anyone with any training should know that nearly nine minutes of a kneck hold like that is way too farking long.

If a knee to the neck isn't doing anybody any harm, it doesn't matter how long it is there. Did you not see the video I posted? Those two cops put their entire weight of one knee on each other's neck. Which was WAY more than what Floyd had on his. And it didn't do anything but make them uncomfortable, at worst.

There is no evidence that anything Chauvin did contributed to Floyd's death unless you mean Floyd died from the stress of being arrested and facing fourth term in prison. Neither the knee on his neck nor the knee on his hips prevented Floyd from breathing or deprived him of blood flow to his brain. Floyd because he continued to struggle against his arrest. His narrowed coronary arteries could not supply enough oxygenated blood to his heart muscle and his hypertensive heart could not beat fast enough to to compensate. Breathlessness and complaints "I can't breathe" are early symptoms of heart attack, sudden cardiac arrest and heart failure, not because the subject can't get enough air in their lungs but because under stress their heart is not capable of delivering sufficient oxygenated blood to the heart muscle or brain. Death comes when the oxygen starved heart simply cannot function any longer.

Floyd died because he continued to struggle against the police. He first started complaining he couldn't breathe while he was in the back of the police car struggling to get out. Clearly, his heart muscle was already incapable of providing enough oxygenated blood to sustain his struggle. You can argue, if you like, that Chauvin was insensitive, but no rational argument can be make that his insensitivity caused Floyd's death. Given what we know about the insufficiency of Floyd's heart to sustain his struggling against arrest, when he stopped struggling, the presumption must be made that he was already dead. That being the case the likelihood he could have resuscitated even in a ER is small on the street, nonexistent. That means that no matter how disturbing the pictures are and how reprehensible you think Chauvin's insensitivity is, the cops did absolutely nothing that caused Floyd's death. Since they didn't cause his death, they cannot legitimately be charged with any crime concerning his death.

I have to disagree with part of what you say. I posted a video that appeared to show Floyd putting up a struggle in the back of the cop car. I have never seen anything that showed what he said in the back of the cop car. But if he was having trouble breathing, he wouldn't have been struggling. It is because he was struggling that caused him to end up where he ended up at.

One the suspect is secured, the proper procedure is to sit them upright. Chauvin didn't follow procedure.
Exactly!
Cuffs on...suspect is in custody.

Tell your lies to your negro buddies. They don't fly with me. He was cuffed. And in the back of a cop car. But that didn't keep him from struggling more.

He wasn't secured in the patrol vehicle. He was on the ground. Stop your nonsense. You're making up shit, and not helping.

He was cuffed and in the back of a cop car. And still struggling. That is how he ended up where he was. Deal with it.

View attachment 351660

Deal with what? The dept. immediately fired and sentenced the LEO. The deal is done. Fired at worst for flagrantly disregarding dept. policy for securing a suspect. Likely excessive force as well leading to murder/manslaughter charges.

Also, there is much that they leave up to the cop's discretion.

:auiqs.jpg:No, there really isn't.

And when he stopped moving, how was the cop to know that he was anything other than passed out.

How indeed. It's pretty standard practice to take the suspect's pulse to make sure, you know, they're still breathing. It's kind of helpful when deciding whether to dispatch a squad or a meat wagon.

too much money and energy wasted...killed? you get killed....too dangerous for society.

Why at any point should officer Chauvin given such an asshole any sort of break.

Because it's his job. LEOs carry out selective enforcement discretion. That means you do what you have to to secure the suspect in custody. If they gotta thump you once or twice to settle you down, that's definitely going to be on you. Once a suspect is cuffed and secured (and that ass is in the backseat of the squad), it's pretty much a done deal. It does not give LEOs any license to carry out any further punishment beyond securing the suspect and making sure they stay alive for booking.

There is no evidence that anything Chauvin did contributed to Floyd's death unless you mean Floyd died from the stress of being arrested and facing fourth term in prison. Neither the knee on his neck nor the knee on his hips prevented Floyd from breathing or deprived him of blood flow to his brain. Floyd because he continued to struggle against his arrest. His narrowed coronary arteries could not supply enough oxygenated blood to his heart muscle and his hypertensive heart could not beat fast enough to to compensate. Breathlessness and complaints "I can't breathe" are early symptoms of heart attack, sudden cardiac arrest and heart failure, not because the subject can't get enough air in their lungs but because under stress their heart is not capable of delivering sufficient oxygenated blood to the heart muscle or brain. Death comes when the oxygen starved heart simply cannot function any longer.

Floyd died because he continued to struggle against the police. He first started complaining he couldn't breathe while he was in the back of the police car struggling to get out. Clearly, his heart muscle was already incapable of providing enough oxygenated blood to sustain his struggle. You can argue, if you like, that Chauvin was insensitive, but no rational argument can be make that his insensitivity caused Floyd's death. Given what we know about the insufficiency of Floyd's heart to sustain his struggling against arrest, when he stopped struggling, the presumption must be made that he was already dead. That being the case the likelihood he could have resuscitated even in a ER is small on the street, nonexistent. That means that no matter how disturbing the pictures are and how reprehensible you think Chauvin's insensitivity is, the cops did absolutely nothing that caused Floyd's death. Since they didn't cause his death, they cannot legitimately be charged with any crime concerning his death.

I have to disagree with part of what you say. I posted a video that appeared to show Floyd putting up a struggle in the back of the cop car. I have never seen anything that showed what he said in the back of the cop car. But if he was having trouble breathing, he wouldn't have been struggling. It is because he was struggling that caused him to end up where he ended up at.

Floyd did not want to get into a squad car, as he "stiffened up, fell to the ground, and told the officers he was claustrophobic," the complaint said, as Minneapolis police officer Tou Thoa and Chauvin arrived in their car.

"While standing outside the car, Mr. Floyd began saying and repeating that he could not breathe," the document said.

A medical examination found that Floyd had coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease.

So the complaint. I can't breathe, was not the result of being held down, but it was the first sign that Floyd's heart was not sufficient to deal with the stress he was putting it under in his efforts to resist going into the police car; at that moment, Floyd had already begun to die. In another circumstance, the complaint, I can't breathe, might have led someone to call an ambulance, but in the context of a subject actively resisting arrest, it must have sounded to the cops that he was just avoiding getting into the police car.

He is going to be found not guilty. If there is any real justice in this country. The trial is going to be very short. First, all they have to do is show the jury the video I posted here. Then have three of the largest jurors do exactly to him what they did to Floyd. For as long as they want. The judge may then just bypass the jury and throw the whole case out of court. Despite all that, officer Chauvin could probably use a little moral support over his mistreatment. If you want to do so, here is the address where you can write him at.

Derik Chauvin
c/o Minnesota Correctional Facility-
Oak Park Heights
5329 Osgood Avenue North
Stillwater, MN 55082

If he is then there is no justice in this country. Chauvis never should have been a Minneapolis police officer to begin with. He has had issues before this that were either ignored or not known. You are so much bullshit. Animals like you should be locked up as well.

Pinning him down until he gave up hope of escaping and calmed down would have seemed the safest option.

In other words, brutally torturing him into submission.
No, restraining him until he calmed down enough to be safely transported to the precinct to process his arrest. You seem to be confusing your emotional response to the image of a white man kneeling on a black man's neck with the facts of the case. Neck restraints are not only legal but specifically permitted in Minneapolis to get control of a subject who is resisting and they have been used hundreds of times in Minneapolis in the last few years with no deaths of serious injuries reported.

That's allowed in order to control someone with "light to moderate pressure" or "with the intention of rendering the person unconscious by applying adequate pressure." The latter act is authorized only to protect officer lives with a suspect who is "actively aggressive" and cannot be controlled by lesser methods.

Scott said he's shocked that's allowed.

"I have never seen an agency in writing promote that type of force in such a critical area that is so susceptible to damage or death," Scott said, "and I’ve traveled the country and seen many use of force policies."​

There are many alternative methods to control someone who is handcuffed. So the Minneapolis rules also don't allow for the cop to sit on him for a long time until the suspect is likely dead like Chauvin did. Chauvin violated the rule also because his life or other officer's lives were surely never in danger.

It is also unforgiveable to ignore Floyd's pleas of distress. With three cops there and Floyd in handcuffs, they would lose absolutely nothing to take his pleas seriously.
You are confusing the neck restraint the police used in this case with a choke hold, which is also allowed, but this was not a choke hold. The knee restraint Chauvin used is a safe and effective technique for regaining control of a subject who is resisting and does not cause serious injury. A choke hold compresses the carotid arteries to slow or stop the flow of blood to the brain, thus rendering the subject unconscious, but Chauvin's knee was nowhere near the carotid arteries so this was not a choke hold but merely a very safe and effective way of preventing Floyd from getting up before he had calmed down.

The Minneapolis police manual allows neck restraints if in the officer's judgement no other method of regaining control over the situation will be effective.

'The on-line version of the policy manual says, "The unconscious neck restraint shall only be applied … 1. On a subject who is exhibiting active aggression, or; 2. For life saving purposes, or; 3. On a subject who is exhibiting active resistance in order to gain control of the subject; and if lesser attempts at control have been or would likely be ineffective."'

Minneapolis police made 44 people unconscious with neck restraints

So the actions the police took were not only legal but in full compliance with Minneapolis police department rules, and were know to be safe. When Floyd complained that he couldn't breathe, Chauvin knew he was not compressing Floyd's larynx or carotid arteries, so he knew nothing he was doing was causing Floyd to have trouble breathing so he had no reason to think anything he was doing was in any way endangering Floyd's life, so why has the state of Minnesota charged the cops with intentionally killing Floyd?

Floyd had coronary artery disease and a hypertensive heart, both of which made him high risk to die from a heart attack or heart failure, and his heart just couldn't handle the stress of being arrested and going back to prison for the fourth time, so why is the state of Minnesota charging the police with intentionally killing Floyd?

The answer is clear and simple. This is an election year and Democratic politicians can't win elections without a strong turnout of black voters so Democrats across the country and in D.C. will continue to surrender to the mobs at least through November.

Are you as astonished by the level of stupidity of most of the people around here as I am? I showed them a video that shows a couple cops from the Czech Republic who were showing the knee on the neck restraint with WAY more force than what was used on Floyd. Yet they seem to enjoy thinking that officer Chauvin murdered Floyd with the hold. Also, I agree with your assessment. Officer Chauvin is basically a political prisoner to gain votes.

These sociopath morons aren't here to talk fact, they're here to get their jollies off railroading white cops and citizens into prisons, just for fun. So no, I'm not astonished at all at the scum and their agendas. the evidence is all out there, whether it's Chauvin, Brown, Arberry, Zimmerman, and the drunken tard who assaulted an officer and stole a tazer and then tried to run away. The media can't seem to find any genuine innocent victims among black people these days, instead they make martyrs out of vermin, and the DNC shills here are merely here to do the same. IT's long past time treating these vermin as if they're anything but trolls and supporting the violence and rioting.

Forum List

Back