Supreme Court Allows Sandy Hook Families' Case Against Remington Arms To Proceed

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, moron...the problem isn't law abiding gun owners, it is asshats like you who keep letting violent gun offenders out of jail and prison over and over again........

Again, getting repetitive.

We lock up 2 million people. Locking people up isn't a solution.

Real life shows you are wrong about guns......completely wrong....and you are wrong about locking up criminals too....

Normal people with guns...lots of guns...do not increase the gun murder rate, the gun crime rate or the violent crime rate....as actual facts, truth and reality show.

Here's the problem... you think you gun nuts are "Normal".

Most Americans don't own guns. That's Normal.

Most Americans who do own guns really don't have a problem with common sense gun laws.

The "abnormal" are people like you and your pinup girl Nancy Lanza, stocking enough high-powered guns to fight off the zombies and terrifying the rest of us.

Moron...when you release violent, repeat gun offenders after less than 3 years it doesn't matter how many people you lock up...you are letting the gun offenders back out...you doofus. And when you let violent shooters out of jail on bond, to go back to the very neighborhoods they just shot up less than a week from their release, you allow them to terrorize witnesses, making prosecution less likely, you dope.....

So far as I know, nobody here belongs to any cult that says that.

Uh, huh...

Mormons Once Aspired to Be a 'White and Delightsome' People

Like other religious groups, Mormons have a complicated history around race. Until a few decades ago, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints taught that they “shall be a white and a delightsome people,” a phrase taken from the Book of Mormon. Until the 1970s, the LDS Church also restricted black members’ participation in important rituals and prohibited black men from becoming priests, despite evidence that they had participated more fully in the earliest years of the Church.*

Emma Green: There’s been talk about an emerging Mormon alt-right, populated by Mormon white nationalists. Much of this has focused on a Utah woman who blogs under the name ‘Wife with a Purpose,’ who created a “white-baby challenge” for fellow Mormons to perpetuate their putatively white heritage. What do you make of this?

Max Perry Mueller: Within Mormonism’s history is this concept of whiteness as Godliness and purity.

Issues of Christianity are often seen as linear, marching towards a certain direction. But actually, that’s not how history, especially theological history, works. The kind of white supremacy that’s at the heart of a lot of Mormon history, and the contemporary church that rejects white supremacy, both embody the same space.

Moron...when you release violent, repeat gun offenders after less than 3 years it doesn't matter how many people you lock up...you are letting the gun offenders back out...you doofus. And when you let violent shooters out of jail on bond, to go back to the very neighborhoods they just shot up less than a week from their release, you allow them to terrorize witnesses, making prosecution less likely, you dope.....

Again, we lock up 2 million people. Locking people up isn't a deterrent.

Also- most gun violence isn't criminals with records, its ordinary people who shoot their family members, their neighbors or themselves.

Again, we lock up 2 million people. Locking people up isn't a deterrent.

Also- most gun violence isn't criminals with records, its ordinary people who shoot their family members, their neighbors or themselves.

Yes...locking them up keeps them shooting more people, you doofus....and again, the democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicians keep letting them out on bail, to terrorize the witnesses to their shootings, and out on insanely low sentences, less than 3 years.........

Almost all gun violence is repeat offenders you moron, the ones shooting their baby mommas are gang members you dope. And you lie again....the researchers you cite say "Acquaintance" killings...not family killings you dope.....which means the gang member shooting the rival gang member knew who was killing him...as does the drug user killing his drug dealer, you dope.

Yes...locking them up keeps them shooting more people, you doofus....and again, the democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicians keep letting them out on bail, to terrorize the witnesses to their shootings, and out on insanely low sentences, less than 3 years.........

Okay, let's lock up everyone who has a gun... oh, no, wait. That would be impractical.

Just having a gun isn't a serious enough crime to lock someone up. We only have a finite number of jail cells.

Recently talked to an old college buddy of mine. He became a Chicago Cop, and told me a story about how he works very hard to catch financials scammers, but very few of them see the inside of a prison cell. Why? No where to lock them up, they are too busy locking up the really violent criminals.

So the question is, how many rapists, murderers, scam artists, burglers, etc. are you willing to cut loose so you can pretend you are doing something about gun violence?

Almost all gun violence is repeat offenders you moron, the ones shooting their baby mommas are gang members you dope. And you lie again....the researchers you cite say "Acquaintance" killings...not family killings you dope.....which means the gang member shooting the rival gang member knew who was killing him...as does the drug user killing his drug dealer, you dope.

Murder-Victim-Pie-2005-2011.png

One more time.

Only 5 percent of murderers are people killing total strangers. 51% of people killing people they know, 32% are people killing family members.

Okay, let's lock up everyone who has a gun... oh, no, wait. That would be impractical.

Just having a gun isn't a serious enough crime to lock someone up. We only have a finite number of jail cells.

Recently talked to an old college buddy of mine. He became a Chicago Cop, and told me a story about how he works very hard to catch financials scammers, but very few of them see the inside of a prison cell. Why? No where to lock them up, they are too busy locking up the really violent criminals.

So the question is, how many rapists, murderers, scam artists, burglers, etc. are you willing to cut loose so you can pretend you are doing something about gun violence?

Moron we aren't talking about locking up people who just have a gun. We are talking democrat party judges who release violent, repeat gun offenders over and over again and democrat party prosecutors who constantly plea down repeat gun offenders who are caught with guns over and over again and democrat party politicians who keep reducing sentencing laws for repeat gun offenders, you moron.

Chief judge says there have been no "horrible incidents" under his affordable bail program. These people might disagree, if they only they were still alive.

Two years into an “affordable bail” initiative that is allowing most accused gun offenders and even accused murderers to be released from jail to await trial, Cook County’s chief judge says the program is working fabulously.
----------

There are likely many people who would disagree with Evans’ definition of “horrible incidents” — if they were still alive to do so.

• On Feb. 9, Daryl Williams violated the terms of a court-ordered curfew, secured an illegal handgun, and then fatally shot 45-year-old Daniel Smith in the back of the head, prosecutors allege.

Three months earlier, Judge Stephanie Miller released Williams on a recognizance bond after he was charged with illegally possessing a stolen handgun near a “shots fired” incident on the South Side.

“That was me,” Williams allegedly told police. “I let off two rounds to see if [the gun] worked.”

Williams is now being held without bail as he awaits trial for murder.

Facts first. 100% reader-funded. Click here to support CWBChicago today.

• In August, someone fatally shot 34-year-old Neal Sumrell as he sat in his car in Humboldt Park. Someone also shot a woman who was in Sumrell’s vehicle as she tried to run away.

Prosecutors say they know who at least one of the shooters was: Antwane Lashley.

The 18-year-old who was free on a recognizance bond and electronic monitoring at the time of the shootings after cops said they caught him with an illegal handgun on the West Side in May.

Lashley was on juvenile probation for aggravated battery, causing great bodily harm at the time of his gun arrest, according to court records. He is now being held without bail as he awaits trial for murder.

In May, prosecutors say, 30-year-old Antawan Smith murdered 15-year-old Jaylin Ellzey in a drive-by shooting. When police arrested Smith during a traffic stop two weeks later, officers reported finding a loaded handgun in his car.

At the time of the murder, Smith was free on bail while awaiting trial for Class X felony armed violence with a weapon; felony manufacture-delivery of cocaine; felony repeated unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, and felony aggravated fleeing. Smith was on parole for illegal possession of a handgun when cops arrested him on those charges in September. His bond amount? $6,000.

He’s now held without bail as he awaits trial for Ellzey’s murder and the earlier charges.

• In May 2018, a judge released 18-year-old Randy Wilson to await trial after prosecutors charged him with criminal trespass to a vehicle. But things escalated when Chicago police allegedly found him carrying a handgun illegally one month later. But, another judge released him to await trial again.

Three weeks later, a 50-year-old man told police that Wilson and three other men robbed him and two teenagers on the South Side. Police arrested Wilson and wrote in a report that he was wearing an electronic monitoring bracelet when they found him. Prosecutors charged him with two counts of attempted robbery with a firearm.

He paid a $2,500 deposit bond to get out of jail. And, of course, the judge ordered him to be on electronic monitoring which didn’t help much before.
Gunday: A look at how the courts are handling some recent weapons charges in Chicago

Near North incident
You may remember our Oct. 30 report about a Near North woman who called police because a man fired a shot through her door after she kicked him out of her apartment on the 700 block of North Dearborn.The woman called police again early on Nov. 2 after she and her brother saw the alleged offender in the first block of West Huron.Officers arrived and arrested 35-year-old Christopher Stanley after confirming that the victim identified him by name in her police report, according to court records. During a search, police allegedly found a handgun in Stanley’s possession.Prosecutors charged Stanley with being a felon in possession of a firearm but not with the alleged shooting. Judge John Lyke set bail at $5,000 and Stanley went free by posting a $500 deposit bond.In May 2002, prosecutors dropped four counts of attempted murder and four other felonies in a plea deal with Stanley. In exchange for pleading guilty to aggravated discharge of a firearm, Stanley received a sentence of eight years, court records show.

One more time.

Only 5 percent of murderers are people killing total strangers. 51% of people killing people they know, 32% are people killing family members.

Moron....Known is the category you asshats play with........gang members shooting other gang members and then you have the family category where gang members shoot their baby mommas....you dope.

One more time.

In that case, let's take away or lock up every person that every person knows. Makes about as much sense as other gun control-nut solutions.

One more time.

Moron...

Family murder....

NCJRS Abstract - National Criminal Justice Reference Service

Approximately 74 percent of murder defendants had prior criminal records.

Glad I have my Remington bolt actions already. If they close up shop now no big deal to me. The hunt is still on. This other stuff doesn't affect me.

Glad I have my Remington bolt actions already. If they close up shop now no big deal to me. The hunt is still on. This other stuff doesn't affect me.

Yes...it does effect you....they want your military sniper rifle and if they have the power they will take it.....

I really shouldn't allow myself to keep getting drawn into your puerile attempts to derail thread after thread with absurd, off-topic slurs against my religion, but nevertheless…

Nothing in that article supports your claim about our beliefs.

And it's not even terribly factual. It's mostly just an interview with a historian, who has some opinions about the church, and some of his own interpretations of some of our past teachings and practices, that I think I can safely say that most Mormons would not agree with. It reads like the thoughts of someone who started with a preformed conclusion, and then did biased “research” to support that conclusion, seeking information that supported his premise, often twisting it and/or taking it out of context to do so; rather than that of an honest researcher who sought facts, and formed his conclusion after analyzing those facts.

I'd never heard of him, before, but after writing the above, I googled his name, and what I found pretty solidly supports my impression of him. He's someone who started from the premise that there is, to use his own words that you quoted, a “…kind of white supremacy that’s at the heart of a lot of Mormon history…”, and then all the “research” that he subsequently did was biased to support that premise.

Emma Green: There’s been talk about an emerging Mormon alt-right, populated by Mormon white nationalists. Much of this has focused on a Utah woman who blogs under the name ‘Wife with a Purpose,’ who created a “white-baby challenge” for fellow Mormons to perpetuate their putatively white heritage. What do you make of this?

We are, of course, meant to take from this that this “Wife with a Purpose” is representative of the Mormon church and of Mormons in general, but both of the cited articles make it clear that no, she is not.

From the Salt Lake Tribune Article:
Mormonism is doomed if it continues to celebrate racial and ethnic diversity, to support refugees and immigrant families, and to debase Western, white culture.
At least that's the view of one Latter-day Saint, a blogger named Ayla, who tweets as Nordic Sunrise and "Wife With A Purpose" — despite the fact that her church disagrees with her on all those points.

From the Buzzfeed article:
Her comment came in a post titled "Mormon 'Rap' and the Destruction of White, Western, Mormon Culture." It was jarring; Mormons are known for their moderate positions on issues like immigration and diversity, famously putting them at odds with now-President Trump. Extreme movements such as the alt-right…are anathema to many members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS).

I note that the Buzzfeed article makes quite a few unsupported generalizations about Mormons. We have over 13 million members, as of the last count, in almost all nations and cultures around the world. Outside of beliefs, standards, and practices which are specific to the church, there really isn't much that you can honestly generalize about us. And, on that note, the Salt Lake Tribune article states:

At least that's the view of one Latter-day Saint, a blogger named Ayla, who tweets as Nordic Sunrise and "Wife With A Purpose" — despite the fact that her church disagrees with her on all those points.
Still — because the mother of six has nearly 22,000 Twitter followers, has been interviewed multiple times on radio and maintains a strong presence on social media — some see her as representing a "growing" alt-right LDS subculture.

As I said, at last count, there are over thirteen million of us. 22,000 is about 0.17 of a % of us. One out of about every 600. That's an insignificant fringe of extreme outliers, not “a ‘growing’ LDS subculture”. I have no doubt that you'd find a similar, if not bigger portion out of the U.S. population as a whole, or out of just about any other reasonable subset.

Moron we aren't talking about locking up people who just have a gun. We are talking democrat party judges who release violent, repeat gun offenders over and over again and democrat party prosecutors who constantly plea down repeat gun offenders who are caught with guns over and over again and democrat party politicians who keep reducing sentencing laws for repeat gun offenders, you moron.

Okay, I realize that's how you describe it, it just doesn't happen to be true.

Here's the thing about this case..

THE GUY HADN'T BEEN CONVICTED OF ANYTHING... This was an issue of bail. Sorry, people are entitled to bail. We can't lock up the people who've actually been convicted of something, dumbass, you want to lock up everyone who has been accused?

Here's the problem with your logic... you think that gun ownership - the right to self-defense- is an unalienable right. Okay. Until they've been convicted of something, they still have that right.

Oh-- wait for it... "Silly Darkie, rights are for white people".

Nothing in that article supports your claim about our beliefs.

And it's not even terribly factual. It's mostly just an interview with a historian, who has some opinions about the church, and some of his own interpretations of some of our past teachings and practices, that I think I can safely say that most Mormons would not agree with. It reads like the thoughts of someone who started with a preformed conclusion, and then did biased “research” to support that conclusion, seeking information that supported his premise, often twisting it and/or taking it out of context to do so; rather than that of an honest researcher who sought facts, and formed his conclusion after analyzing those facts.

I'd never heard of him, before, but after writing the above, I googled his name, and what I found pretty solidly supports my impression of him. He's someone who started from the premise that there is, to use his own words that you quoted, a “…kind of white supremacy that’s at the heart of a lot of Mormon history…”, and then all the “research” that he subsequently did was biased to support that premise.

Buddy, the fact is, the "past" practices are what was advocated by Joseph Smith and Brigham Young... guys you CLAIMED WERE TALKING TO GOD. Did God get it wrong? Did God not correct them? Did God Change his mind?

Or was this another case of "The whole "Dark Skin is a Curse from God" thing isn't playing well, we better change it."

As I said, at last count, there are over thirteen million of us. 22,000 is about 0.17 of a % of us. One out of about every 600. That's an insignificant fringe of extreme outliers, not “a ‘growing’ LDS subculture”. I have no doubt that you'd find a similar, if not bigger portion out of the U.S. population as a whole, or out of just about any other reasonable subset.

True enough, but a bigger portion of the US population doesn't have Dark Skin is a curse from God as part of their fake religious texts.

Mitt Romney and the Curse of Blackness | HuffPost

And no, I’m not talking about a single ambiguous, cherry-picked verse, either. I’d much rather that were the case. The sad truth is that the Book of Morman says it explicitly and in numerous passages: black people are cursed by God and our dark skin is the evidence of our accursedness. Here are a few examples:

And the Lord had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them (2 Nephi 5:21).

And I beheld, after they had dwindled in unbelief they became a dark and loathsome and a filthy people, full of idleness and all manner of abominations (1 Nephi 12:23).

“O my brethren, I fear that unless ye shall repent of your sins that their skins will be whiter than yours, when ye shall be brought with them before the throne of God. (Jacob 3:8).

And the skins of the Lamanites were dark, according to the mark which was set upon their fathers, which was a curse upon them because of their transgression and their rebellion against their brethren, who consisted of Nephi, Jacob, and Joseph, and Sam, who were just and holy men (Alma 3: 6).

I'm sure you guys don't talk about this shit at the Interfaith Pancake Breakfast.

Okay, I realize that's how you describe it, it just doesn't happen to be true.

Here's the thing about this case..

THE GUY HADN'T BEEN CONVICTED OF ANYTHING... This was an issue of bail. Sorry, people are entitled to bail. We can't lock up the people who've actually been convicted of something, dumbass, you want to lock up everyone who has been accused?

Here's the problem with your logic... you think that gun ownership - the right to self-defense- is an unalienable right. Okay. Until they've been convicted of something, they still have that right.

Oh-- wait for it... "Silly Darkie, rights are for white people".

Wrong, moron, the democrat party judges keep giving bail to known, repeat, violent gun offenders.....the democrat party prosecutors keep pleading down gun charges against known, repeat, violent gun offenders.....and democrat party politicians keep reducing prison sentences for repeat gun crimes......

You are a moron.

Wrong, moron, the democrat party judges keep giving bail to known, repeat, violent gun offenders.....the democrat party prosecutors keep pleading down gun charges against known, repeat, violent gun offenders.....and democrat party politicians keep reducing prison sentences for repeat gun crimes......

You are a moron.

Guy, we only have 5500 beds in Cook County Jail.

In Chicago alone, we had 561 Homicides, 1804 rapes, 9702 robberies and 15,000 assaults.

Just having a gun when you shouldn't have a gun... Sorry, I want the rapists, murderers and robbers locked up first.

You are a moron.

Guy, we only have 5500 beds in Cook County Jail.

In Chicago alone, we had 561 Homicides, 1804 rapes, 9702 robberies and 15,000 assaults.

Just having a gun when you shouldn't have a gun... Sorry, I want the rapists, murderers and robbers locked up first.

Even the brown ones?

By the way, I knew you were going to bail on me rather than answer my question. You didn't answer it because you couldn't.

You knew damn well that Phillips' ethnicity had nothing to do with the events of that day; it was not the reason he approached Sandmann; it was not the reason Sandmann responded to Phillips' approach by smiling and saying nothing; it was not the reason Phillips went on national TV and contradicted himself as to why he approached Sandmann and it was not the reason people criticized him for it.

Phillips' ethnicity had no relevance to anything except as a weapon for you to use against the "Little Catholic Bastard":

"Wait, the guy who approached and got in the kid's face is Native American? Well, that must mean the kid's a racist. Whatever else could it be?"

You are fucking pathetic.

Even the brown ones?

By the way, I knew you were going to bail on me rather than answer my question. You didn't answer it because you couldn't.

You knew damn well that Phillips' ethnicity had nothing to do with

It had everything to do with it. Had it been a teen of color disrespecting a White Veteran, they'd have gone all Rodney King on his ass.

Sandmann is a white entitled piece of shit... not going to get far in life with that attitude. Hopefully he grows up at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back