Supreme Court: Coach Can Pray on the Sidelines. Ruling 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must still disagree due to the specific nature of the wording and it's original intent, which does not change regardless of the 14th.

It's been fun, but honestly I'm done with this line of conversation. The last word is yours.
My last word is already provided by the court. And with that, I bid you a very good night.

A win for religious freedom. For you Constitutional remedial learners: there is no "separation of church and state" in the Constitution. The 1st Amendment says ONLY that Congress cannot establish a state religion, as in the Church of England. That's it.

This SCOTUS is kicking Liberal asses. Now they have to revamp the "Stay in Mexico" law.

A win for religious freedom. For you Constitutional remedial learners: there is no "separation of church and state" in the Constitution. The 1st Amendment says ONLY that Congress cannot establish a state religion, as in the Church of England. That's it.

It's not a win for religious freedom. It is a win for religiosity and indoctrination. Religious freedom is the opposite of what is happening. Coaches have a dominating stature among young impressionable minds. Are all these children even Christians ? If the one Jewish boy or the one Muslim boy decides he can't join the Christians in doing this. Even the impression that he is outside of the loop can have detrimental effects on the individual. I'm not quoting any already written script I'm just thinking off the top of my head and what is reasonable. This is not. Undue influence is at play here. The Constitution says no one religion can be put above the others. Christianity is bad enough, I hope his coach isn't using the name Jesus Christ when he's leading these boys, if you just talked about god that wouldn't be quite as offensive. But to say the name Jesus is unacceptable to children of other faiths or atheist or agnostics. The list goes on and on. This wasn't right for a reason, the only thing that's changed is the people who are supreme Court justices. The people who lied to get on the supreme Court who were sponsored by a lying president. Wonder why it's causing such trouble. The Constitution is based on truth not lies.

It's not a win for religious freedom. It is a win for religiosity and indoctrination. Religious freedom is the opposite of what is happening. Coaches have a dominating stature among young impressionable minds. Are all these children even Christians ? If the one Jewish boy or the one Muslim boy decides he can't join the Christians in doing this. Even the impression that he is outside of the loop can have detrimental effects on the individual. I'm not quoting any already written script I'm just thinking off the top of my head and what is reasonable. This is not. Undue influence is at play here. The Constitution says no one religion can be put above the others. Christianity is bad enough, I hope his coach isn't using the name Jesus Christ when he's leading these boys, if you just talked about god that wouldn't be quite as offensive. But to say the name Jesus is unacceptable to children of other faiths or atheist or agnostics. The list goes on and on. This wasn't right for a reason, the only thing that's changed is the people who are supreme Court justices. The people who lied to get on the supreme Court who were sponsored by a lying president. Wonder why it's causing such trouble. The Constitution is based on truth not lies.

The coach was praying silently

You can say "Jesus" in public. This is not a crime.

No one lied.

The amount of misinformation on this is frankly astounding.

Odd, then, how no students came forward to claim they were pressured.

But I gotta hand it to you. You bitterly cling to your leftist horseshit no matter how completely it's been refuted.
Coaches have a great power over there students. It's called undue influence. How do you think so many coaches get into their students pants. Most coaches I've ever seen aren't very attractive. So that's not doing it. I think that's a good comparison.

What made you think I was supposing? I was just asking a question. One you didn’t answer.

Because I've been asked this question many many times and it's all over everywhere. But it's projection, because Lefties had a problem with the Christian praying, so they ASSUME we would have a problem with people of other faiths praying.

Wrong

I get it says 'USMB Writers Corner' on the tab, but this isn't the fiction section.

Doesn't matter. The coach's FIRST AMENDMENT right to exercise his faith trumps any "undue influence" you want to pant about.

That's first.

Second, and again, your ignorance of this case is profound. Educate yourself on the actual case.
This was the coach's idea. Children respect their coaches and adore them, whether the coach realizes it or not, he is using his position to endear the idea to the children. It's a mild form of coercion, but it still is coercion. I feel much better if it was the other way around if the students wanted their coach to join them, no pressure there.

Yes, that is correct. The Constitution prohibits an official State religion. Can we drop 'Climate Change' now?

This was the coach's idea. Children respect their coaches and adore them, whether the coach realizes it or not, he is using his position to endear the idea to the children. It's a mild form of coercion, but it still is coercion. I feel much better if it was the other way around if the students wanted their coach to join them, no pressure there.

The Constitution is not about "making you 'feel' better".

Honest to Pete with all these leftists emoting all over.

The Constitution is not about "making you 'feel' better".

Honest to Pete with all these leftists emoting all over.
The Constitution seems to have changed since trump appointed these three justices. I know he had a lot of content for the Constitution. I'm surprised these three justices feel the same way. They all took oaths to it.

The Constitution seems to have changed since trump appointed these three justices. I know he had a lot of content for the Constitution. I'm surprised these three justices feel the same way. They all took oaths to it.
Typo, I know he had a lot of contempt for the Constitution > in reference to trump.

Yeah. They pared down all the extraneous garbage liberals attempted to add to it for decades. Such as the right to an abortion. That goes back to the states. That's all Roe does. Such as making the govt "officially secular" which is not a requirement. Etc etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back