Supreme Court conservatives skeptical of New York concealed handgun restrictions

If they are only "Skeptical".....then the 2A is already lost

Americans have already accepted massive violations of the 2A and are "grateful" anytime any slack is shown. NOT a winning strategy.

THIS exactly. Every time I enter a gun store and the door locks behind me I feel like I have entered enemy territory. The modern gun industry is not on the side of the average American's Second Amendment rights. Gun store culture has become a situation where neutered gun owners come to stand around and brag about the latest ATF hoop they've had to jump through in order purchase and own their latest toy. This is not what our Founders intended. No checks whatsoever should stand between an American citizen and the right to own a firearm. The willful, shameful obedience of the modern gun crowd is embarrassing.

a ruling is expected soon

As acknowledged in other threads on the topic, it’s widely expected that the Court will rule to invalidate the State’s may-issue provision.

The question, therefore, will be the scope of the right to carry a firearm outside of the home.

When the Court granted cert last April, it rewrote the question presented, resulting in a much narrower review of the challenge.

It’s consequently likely that the Court will uphold state laws requiring a license or permit to carry a concealed weapon, uphold state laws prohibiting the open carrying of firearms, and uphold state laws placing limits and restrictions on where guns may be carried in certain public places.

If they are only "Skeptical".....then the 2A is already lost

Americans have already accepted massive violations of the 2A and are "grateful" anytime any slack is shown. NOT a winning strategy.
Nonsense.

The Second Amendment is not ‘lost.’

Current firearm regulatory measures not invalidated by the Supreme Court are perfectly lawful and Constitutional, in no manner a ‘violation’ of the Second Amendment, ‘massive’ or otherwise.

THIS exactly. Every time I enter a gun store and the door locks behind me I feel like I have entered enemy territory. The modern gun industry is not on the side of the average American's Second Amendment rights. Gun store culture has become a situation where neutered gun owners come to stand around and brag about the latest ATF hoop they've had to jump through in order purchase and own their latest toy. This is not what our Founders intended. No checks whatsoever should stand between an American citizen and the right to own a firearm. The willful, shameful obedience of the modern gun crowd is embarrassing.
No, this post is embarrassing.

The modern gun industry is not on the side of the average American's Second Amendment rights.
This is particularly ignorant and wrong.

The Second Amendment concerns solely the relationship between government and those governed, not between or among private persons or entities, such as gun owners and the gun industry.

Forum List

Back