Sure looks like a noose to me.....

Why go to the police at all? There was no crime here, why would it be "obvious" that they should? It was a non-event in a controlled space where only its employees go

So you don't think leaving a noose (even a poorly constructed one) in the room of a black person is a threat?

It wasn't anyone's "room" it was a garage. And it wasn't being used by a black person at the time it was placed there.

So no, it wasn't a "threat".

Well they only know it wasn't used by a black person at the time because they had the police investigate the scene...which brings us back to the reason why the police should have been notified.

They could have investigated the "incident" themselves. Involving the police- and especially involving the hostile media- was a bad mistake.
Why go to the police at all? There was no crime here, why would it be "obvious" that they should? It was a non-event in a controlled space where only its employees go

So you don't think leaving a noose (even a poorly constructed one) in the room of a black person is a threat?

It wasn't left in the room of a black person.

They only know that because they had the police investigate, which supports my statement that the police should have been notified.

Right.

I won't say the police should or should not have been notified but I will say that NASCAR could have determined for themselves when the rope was put up.

At the very least, the media should not have been involved until any determination was made. Now the entire country is up in arms over a non-incident and what's more, despite having been determined a non-incident, because of media involvement and hype, some are still up in arms.

"Okay, so it wasn't directed at Wallace and in fact, was not directed at anybody. BUT IT'S STILL A NOOSE!!".

Even though they know it's not about race, they still have to make it about race.

You're assuming that NASCAR has the capabilities of conducting a criminal investigation (first poster).

Serious question to both of you though let's say NASCAR conducts an investigation and they figure out the answers-let's give them the benefit of the doubt of being able to put together a proper criminal investigation in a short period of time. What do you think the media would say next? It would be MUCH worse than what they're saying now.

I'm not defending the media, I'm just saying that if NASCAR chose to have an in-house investigation it would look like they were hiding something and that never goes down well for your brand. It was a business decision, not a personal one. Business is business and personal is personal.

How does this qualify as a "criminal" investigation when no crime was committed?

A criminal investigation means to investigate to see if a crime was committed...it doesn't mean that a crime was necessarily committed. That's the entire point of having the investigation in the first place.

Let's use your logic though. Let's say there's a dead person in an apartment and they lived alone. We see a shotgun that was used lying on the floor. Well we don't know if a crime was actually committed or not because it could have been an accidental death...so let's not have a criminal investigation? That doesn't make sense.

There was no one found dead at the Alabama racetrack.

A criminal investigation means to investigate to see if a crime was committed...it doesn't mean that a crime was necessarily committed.
Should be a crime if they bear false witness against their neighbors..................Yes police have to check out called in cases.......that is procedure...........They went overboard for the current Hype on this....

Just more RACE BAITING.........sure the guy is gonna cry for the money he gets FOR LYING..........Tells me all I need to know about him...........HE'S A POS.........I don't care what his color.......or even if he is ET.........

He is what is wrong with this country........too many people like him.

It wasn't anyone's "room" it was a garage. And it wasn't being used by a black person at the time it was placed there.

Well they only know it wasn't used by a black person at the time because they had the police investigate the scene...which brings us back to the reason why the police should have been notified.

They could have investigated the "incident" themselves. Involving the police- and especially involving the hostile media- was a bad mistake.

They only know that because they had the police investigate, which supports my statement that the police should have been notified.

Right.

I won't say the police should or should not have been notified but I will say that NASCAR could have determined for themselves when the rope was put up.

At the very least, the media should not have been involved until any determination was made. Now the entire country is up in arms over a non-incident and what's more, despite having been determined a non-incident, because of media involvement and hype, some are still up in arms.

"Okay, so it wasn't directed at Wallace and in fact, was not directed at anybody. BUT IT'S STILL A NOOSE!!".

Even though they know it's not about race, they still have to make it about race.

You're assuming that NASCAR has the capabilities of conducting a criminal investigation (first poster).

Serious question to both of you though let's say NASCAR conducts an investigation and they figure out the answers-let's give them the benefit of the doubt of being able to put together a proper criminal investigation in a short period of time. What do you think the media would say next? It would be MUCH worse than what they're saying now.

I'm not defending the media, I'm just saying that if NASCAR chose to have an in-house investigation it would look like they were hiding something and that never goes down well for your brand. It was a business decision, not a personal one. Business is business and personal is personal.

How does this qualify as a "criminal" investigation when no crime was committed?

This is actually a possible HR investigation at worst. If I worked at an employer who called the police because of something like this in a controlled area, I would have a conniption over it.Treating all of your employees as criminal "suspects" isn't a smart idea for morale.

And you would have every right to leave that organization. I would never suggest that you shouldn't be able to leave in a capitalistic economy, just like I wouldn't suggest that you have a right to your employment either.

Also interviewing or asking people doesn't make one a "suspect". A suspect is a specific term used in policing regarding somebody who is suspected of committing a crime, NOT somebody who potentially committed the crime or was potentially involved (that would be a "person of interest" at most).

Right.

A criminal investigation means to investigate to see if a crime was committed...it doesn't mean that a crime was necessarily committed. That's the entire point of having the investigation in the first place.

Let's use your logic though. Let's say there's a dead person in an apartment and they lived alone. We see a shotgun that was used lying on the floor. Well we don't know if a crime was actually committed or not because it could have been an accidental death...so let's not have a criminal investigation? That doesn't make sense.

The severity of the potential crime committed doesn't mean that it didn't exist. I merely took your logic and tested it against a more extreme example but I didn't actually change a thing about your logic at all.

Right.

This is actually a possible HR investigation at worst. If I worked at an employer who called the police because of something like this in a controlled area, I would have a conniption over it.Treating all of your employees as criminal "suspects" isn't a smart idea for morale.

And you would have every right to leave that organization. I would never suggest that you shouldn't be able to leave in a capitalistic economy, just like I wouldn't suggest that you have a right to your employment either.

Also interviewing or asking people doesn't make one a "suspect". A suspect is a specific term used in policing regarding somebody who is suspected of committing a crime, NOT somebody who potentially committed the crime or was potentially involved (that would be a "person of interest" at most).

Right.

The severity of the potential crime committed doesn't mean that it didn't exist. I merely took your logic and tested it against a more extreme example but I didn't actually change a thing about your logic at all.

I probably wouldn't leave immediately, but I would certainly lose all respect for my bosses

Right.

It's only a criminal investigation if a crime has been committed, which was not known at the time. Also, who did the police talk to to get their information? NASCAR. If NASCAR had the information to give to the police then they could have used that same information to determine that the looped pull-down rope was put there before Wallace was assigned that particular garage bay.

Then that would be on the media, wouldn't it?

So everybody expects the police to police their own but in any other case, they should call the police first?

If it had been me in charge, I would have suggested to Wallace that we do an internal investigation so as to avoid (what would turn out to be) a media circus over nothing. In other words, keep Wallace in the loop and informed of all steps being taken and all involved. Complete transparency. That way, he can't go to the media later and say they did nothing or tried to hide anything. In fact, if he is sincere and honorable, he can head off criticism of NASCAR himself if the media goes in that direction.

As it is, Wallace is now being criticized and because of the hype, is still pushing the noose narrative. In fact, this very thread is a pitiful attempt by tigerred to turn a looped garage door pull-down rope into a hangman's noose meant to swing a black man even though no black man was involved or targeted at the time it was put up. It's fucking ridiculous.

I'm not arguing that they shouldn't have called the police but what I am saying is that NASCAR would have been criticized in any case because everyone needs a bad guy, even if one doesn't exist.

images
You make sure you white mf's get yalls....cause if anybody these days feel like victims of oppression and left behind....its white america!!

Hey, guess what everyone. Apparently, I'm white.

I learn something new about myself everyday.
if you disagree with tiger you must be white.....what else can you be?...after all she claimed she has won many a chess game after losing her queen and king....

View attachment 355342
Anybody with a working brain cell that isn't white.....knows good and damn well that effin rope is a noose. What should make us all shutter, is that the FBI said it isn't!!

But to my fellow black americans....I got the perfect noose to go around your necks and and and it will keep you alive and and and put a fuckin cop out of the choke hold business!!

View attachment 355346View attachment 355348View attachment 355349
So you think someone made this "noose" months before Bubba Wallace was even using that garage because they somehow knew a black NASCAR driver would be using it? How moronic do you want to get with this, Tiger?

Forum List

Back