Sure thing, let us legalize drugs

The overwhelming majority of 'drug deaths' occur BECAUSE the drugs are illegal. The drugs are cooked up in garages, with no quality control at all, and then cut by every player in the retail chain, with anything handy that looks a bit like the product.
If drugs were legalized, produced under proper pharmaceutical controls, and dispensed under a doctor's prescription, it would all be much safer. And the outrageous profits would not be available to the crims who operate the market.
If what you are saying here is true about drugs being safer if they were legal, I still can't see the more dangerous ones becoming a thing of the past because there are people out there who want to push the envelope as much as it can be pushed.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Plus...not all drugs are created equal. Weed, alcohol and caffeine are drugs. Taken in moderation none are harmful in my opinion.

Some drugs however are so brutal and poisonous they just can't be legal.
Pot can be devastating for some people, even in moderation.
Problem is that since potheads have such a powerful lobby that truth gets buried and obfuscated.
then they should not be doing it.....and usually you know how you react the first time you do it,and if that person continues, thats on that person......nothing is buried this is well known to anyone who has smoked the stuff.........
Often doesn't happen first time. Usually a cumulative thing.
But not many know because it's intentionally buried.
As for drug use in general, many kids are genetically prone to issues of addiction but peer pressure undermines prevention.
Drug legalization advocates conveniently ignore this or are completely ignorant.

If people understood that plants aren't drugs, we'd get a lot further along.

Plants are plants. They occur naturally and were created by God.

Drugs are drugs. They are refined substances to elicit a specific effect that are made by man.

RoshawnMarkwees, do you have any credible research to back this claim, or is your information anecdotal?

Plus...not all drugs are created equal. Weed, alcohol and caffeine are drugs. Taken in moderation none are harmful in my opinion.

Problem is that since potheads have such a powerful lobby that truth gets buried and obfuscated.
then they should not be doing it.....and usually you know how you react the first time you do it,and if that person continues, thats on that person......nothing is buried this is well known to anyone who has smoked the stuff.........
As for drug use in general, many kids are genetically prone to issues of addiction but peer pressure undermines prevention.
Drug legalization advocates conveniently ignore this or are completely ignorant.
and people with your mindset conveniently ignore things that you dont want to hear about pot if its contrary to what you believe....

I see no problem with legalized drugs, heroin, cocaine, pot, alcohol, tobacco, peyote, mushrooms....., provided their conduct and behavior does not effect their neighbor or infringe on the rights of others. As for public assistance, too f---ing bad, get a job or perish. One must make a choice and suffer the consequences. If the world in all its slender requires rose colored glasses to exist, so be it, their numbers will decline in short order.

Make all drugs that can be eaten or requires a needle legal. Make anything you smoke illegal (I don't want to inhale someone else's smoke no matter how safe they say it is). Make everything easily accessible - like those redbox movie dispenser outside McDonald's.

and people with your mindset conveniently ignore things that you dont want to hear about pot if its contrary to what you believe....
This isn't about belief or opinion. It's about reality and a one-sided promotion. You like pot, use it. I won't stop you. But don't preach it as safe and good when for some people it's devastating. There needs to be a campaign to make people -- especially kids -- aware of the risks.
And don't use it around me and I won't assault you in self defense.

The most destructive, addictive, physically debilitating and accessible drug is already legal.

30% Of Americans Abuse Alcohol, Study Says

30% Of Americans Abuse Alcohol, Study Says

Decriminalizing illegal drugs will save this country billions if we stop arresting and imprisoning users.
Then it's okay with you that this boy died.

Dumbest reply I've ever seen.

This isn't about belief or opinion. It's about reality and a one-sided promotion. You like pot, use it. I won't stop you. But don't preach it as safe and good when for some people it's devastating. There needs to be a campaign to make people -- especially kids -- aware of the risks.
I have read that inhaling pot smoke is as bad or worse than tobacco. It would seem likely that inhaling burning weed smoke, can't be good for your health. Yet, the government and many do-gooder citizens are dead set against tobacco, but weed is cool. Makes no sense.

How long have we heard the claim that weed is a gateway drug to harder drugs. I never believed this...since damn near most of my generation smoked weed, but few ended up junkies. More propaganda from an out of control government.

I don't care what people do with their bodies as long as they cause no harm to others.

and if you tried..... what makes you think you wont be the one being assaulted?...

I have read that inhaling pot smoke is as bad or worse than tobacco. It would seem likely that inhaling burning weed smoke, can't be good for your health. Yet, the government and many do-gooder citizens are dead set against tobacco, but weed is cool. Makes no sense.

How long have we heard the claim that weed is a gateway drug to harder drugs. I never believed this...since damn near most of my generation smoked weed, but few ended up junkies. More propaganda from an out of control government.

I don't care what people do with their bodies as long as they cause no harm to others.

Actually, there was a study done by the British Royal Medical Society, and they found that if you smoked cigarettes only, you were 21 times more likely to get lung cancer than someone who didn't smoke at all.

If you smoked cannabis only, you were 0.93 to 0.73 percent more likely to get lung cancer than someone who didn't smoke at all, meaning the risk of cannabis is very low.

As far as the true gateway drug? It's alcohol, because not only does alcohol impair your judgement, but it also lowers your inhibitions, meaning that you are more likely to do something stupid while drunk than you are when sober.

People who smoke cannabis? If they wouldn't do something sober, the likelihood of them doing it while stoned is very low.

Actually, there was a study done by the British Royal Medical Society, and they found that if you smoked cigarettes only, you were 21 times more likely to get lung cancer than someone who didn't smoke at all.

If you smoked cannabis only, you were 0.93 to 0.73 percent more likely to get lung cancer than someone who didn't smoke at all, meaning the risk of cannabis is very low.

As far as the true gateway drug? It's alcohol, because not only does alcohol impair your judgement, but it also lowers your inhibitions, meaning that you are more likely to do something stupid while drunk than you are when sober.

People who smoke cannabis? If they wouldn't do something sober, the likelihood of them doing it while stoned is very low.
Not buying it.

There are a number of studies showing weed is very dangerous....see this:
Why cannabis is a greater cancer risk than tobacco

No doubt alcohol is also dangerous and has caused much damage. Weed smokers are much more laid back than drunks.

Not buying it.

There are a number of studies showing weed is very dangerous....see this:
Why cannabis is a greater cancer risk than tobacco

No doubt alcohol is also dangerous and has caused much damage. Weed smokers are much more laid back than drunks.

You know, I often wonder about some of those studies, especially when they say that cannabis causes cancer, yet many doctors prescribe it for people WITH cancer who are going through chemo. Why would a doctor prescribe cannabis to a cancer patient if it causes cancer?

Most of the research has said that it is medically beneficial for many things, but very little of the research says that it causes cancer. I think that many of those studies are done by anti marijuana groups.

And yeah..............you're right..............marijuana smokers are much more mellow than drunks. I worked at a biker bar here in Amarillo in the early 2000's called Boondocks, and out back, they would smoke cannabis. For the people that smoked marijuana only? They ate a lot, tipped well, and were fun to be around. Drunks? Depends on the person, but many times towards the end of the night, some would get rowdy and have to be calmed down.

I'd much rather be around cannabis smokers than someone who is extremely drunk any day of the week.

RoshawnMarkwees, do you have any credible research to back this claim, or is your information anecdotal?
Check with any on-campus health center.
Check hospital admittance records.
Anecdotal, as I suspected... Look a bit closer, and you will find it's not 'weed' that brings people unglued, but manufactured substitutes like 'chronic'. I have seen (anecdotally, of course!) experienced pot-heads ending up in Emergency after trying this stuff. Once again, an illegal cocktail of dubious provenance enriching criminal players.

Forum List

Back