Surprise: New Amnesty Bill Includes $5,000 Penalty for Hiring Americans

So in a nutshell, businesses could simply fire all their employees that are natural-born US citizens and legal immigrants and save $5,000 on each one by re-hiring RPIs.

No one has provided evidence of Cruz's claim of a $5000 fine for hiring an American citizen.

When you stop to think about it, does the claim make the slightest bit of sense?

Nope.

"This bill says if an employer hires a citizen or a legal immigrant, the IRS can impose a $5,000 penalty on that employer."

Ask your employer if he believes he will be fined $5000 every time he hires a new employee.

It is an extraordinary claim which requires extraordinary evidence.

I think you're being a little purposely ignorant here, which is surprising given your other very intelligent posts on here.

It's no surprise that many employers are deliberately cutting their employee's hours to under 30 so they won't be required to cover their health insurance.

With this bill they could fire all their costly part-time employees and hire full-time illegal immigrants that are exempt from Obamacare penalties.

Again, you are confusing the effects of ObamaCare with this immigration bill. The claim the immigration bill has a new fine for hiring Americans has not been proven.

It seems like Cruz and the Examiner can't get their lies coordinated!

The penalty isn't tax-deductible.

So while the $3,000 is taken out of your income, you're still taxed on the amount earned before the penalty was taken out.

In the end, the total penalty to employers is give or take $5,000.

You are confabulating an ObamaCare penalty with Cruz's claim of an entirely new penalty in the immigration bill, which he says is a $5000 fine for hiring a new worker.

Did you watch Cruz's 30-minute video?

My guess is you didn't. Because he never talks about a new penalty with this bill.

In a nutshell, employers can save up to $5,000 by hiring an illegal immigrant over a US citizen.

Cruz found a loophole in the bill that actually punishes an employer with a $5,000 fine for hiring a citizen over a legalized alien.

I do not know about the gibberish quoted in the OP, but it has been reported that employers can avoid the ACA $3,000.00 per employee fine for not providing healthcare by hiring newly legal illegal immigrants...

So while the $3,000 is taken out of your income, you're still taxed on the amount earned before the penalty was taken out.

Why don't you shut us all up and post the actual wording?

Do illegal immigrants qualify for Obamacare?

I'm not going to go through 1200 pages just to prove to you that they don't.

Last edited:
Sometimes, nutters, you could employ a little common sense. What in your brain tells you that this claim could be true? It defies common sense.

You are confabulating an ObamaCare penalty with Cruz's claim of an entirely new penalty in the immigration bill, which he says is a $5000 fine for hiring a new worker.

My guess is you didn't. Because he never talks about a new penalty with this bill.

In a nutshell, employers can save up to $5,000 by hiring an illegal immigrant over a US citizen.

I will repeat the claim: "This bill says if an employer hires a citizen or a legal immigrant, the IRS can impose a $5,000 penalty on that employer."

I will repeat the claim: "This bill says if an employer hires a citizen or a legal immigrant, the IRS can impose a $5,000 penalty on that employer."

Yes, they can.

Why else would you think so many employees are being cut down to part time hours?

Yes, they can.

Why else would you think so many employees are being cut down to part time hours?

Are you in a time machine? The immigration bill is new. Just this week. The cutting of hours by employers PRECEDES the immigration bill.

So please explain how the IMMIGRATION BILL imposes a $5,000 penalty on an employer for hiring an American, since that is the topic, after all. That is why I bolded "this bill" for you, so you can catch up.

Cruz is saying there is a penalty in the immigration bill.

Show it, and explain it.

Are you in a time machine? The immigration bill is new. Just this week. The cutting of hours by employers PRECEDES the immigration bill.

So please explain how the IMMIGRATION BILL imposes a $5,000 penalty on an employer for hiring an American, since that is the topic, after all. That is why I bolded "this bill" for you, so you can catch up.

Yes! And now that there are 11 million new illegal immigrants that can legally be employed, that don't impose any penalties on employers, do you think there is not an incentive to hire them instead of US citizens?

Show it, and explain it.

Let me rephrase.

The penalty has existed since Obamacare.

This bill creates an incentive to hire illegal immigrants over US citizens, as employers can eliminate the possibility of facing a $5,000 penalty they would otherwise face by hiring real Americans.

Is that a little easier for you to understand?

Last edited:

Yes! And now that there are 11 million new illegal immigrants that can legally be employed, that don't impose any penalties on employers, do you think there is not an incentive to hire them instead of US citizens?

Show it, and explain it.

Let me rephrase.

This bill creates an incentive to hire illegal immigrants over US citizens, as employers can eliminate the possibility of facing a $5,000 penalty by hiring Americans.

So...the " Amnesty bill " does not include a $5000 penalty for hiring Americans.

You are admitting to being dishonest.

Show it, and explain it.

Let me rephrase.

This bill creates an incentive to hire illegal immigrants over US citizens, as employers can eliminate the possibility of facing a $5,000 penalty they would otherwise face by hiring real Americans.

Still need to see that evidence. That part about hiring illegal immigrants is actually incentivized in this bill.

If you meant immigrants whose status is currently illegal but will be legalized by the bill, then I still need to see that legal immigrants are not counted toward the 50 employees necessary to qualify for the Employer Shared Responsibility provisions of ObamaCare.

Last edited:
Think about his: An employer is already incentivized to hire an illegal alien, with or without the immigration bill, and with or without ObamaCare.

So this whining from Cruz is sheer demagoguery.

An amnestied immigrant is not subject to ObamaCare, just as an illegal isn't. So from a Before and After perspective, in relation to this bill, an employer is no more and no less incentivized to hire one of these immigrants.

Put it this way:

BEFORE: An illegal alien is not eligible for ObamaCare. So if you want to hire a new employee and avoid the ObamaCare Employer Shared Responsibility provisions, you can hire an illegal.

AFTER: An amnestied immigrant is not eligible for ObamaCare. So if you want to hire a new employee and avoid the ObamaCare Employer Shared Responsibility provisions, you can hire an amnestied immigrant.

You see? Nothing has changed. Therefore, it is sheer bloviation to say there is some penalty which is going to result in less Americans being hired than are being hired now as a result of this bill.

Cruz is being a disingenuous demagogue.

Last edited:

Do illegal immigrants qualify for Obamacare?

I'm not going to go through 1200 pages just to prove to you that they don't.

It s your claim

Show the link

You can't possibly be serious.

Name me one recognized business that currently only employs illegal immigrants.

Sure there's an incentive now to hire illegal immigrants, but it's also illegal.

With this new amnesty bill employers will legally be able to fire all their legal employees and hire illegal immigrants that won't impose any penalties or healthcare costs on them.

We'll get it when we get it (like Pelosi meant), but you can be sure this is Pubcrappe as always...

Forum List

Back