SURPRISE : Obama SC nominee has been defeated by SCOTUS

District of Columbia v. Heller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That is the case in which he supported a rehearing on. SC voted down the re-hearing with a majority.
In 2007, the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, of which Garland was Chief Judge, accepted the District of Columbia v. Heller case challenging Washington, DC’s gun control measures. A four-judge panel not including Garland ruled 3-1 that the measures were incompatible with the Second Amendment, a ruling eventually upheld by the Supreme Court. DC mayor Adrian Fenty then petitioned the court for a hearing en banc, meaning that the entire Court and not just a specific panel would hear the case. Garland voted in favor of the petition, which was defeated 6-4.

Merrick Garland: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
If this guy supports unconstitutionality, WTF is he doing being nominated for SC?
Is this the benchmark you really want to set?

If a judge has had one of his rulings overturned by the Supreme Court, he should not be appointed to the Supreme Court? That's the benchmark you want?

You suuuuuure?

Of course he's Jewish. Pro-BLM, anti-white. Anti-gun rights. When are the people in this country finally going to wake up? We keep allowing this ethnic group domination of our society.
He seems to favor the law enforcement community, from what I can tell.

Source? He appears to be liberal to me. Frames himself as 'moderate' republican.
I wont argue he seems to favor the leftists.. His family is rooted in leftism. His grandfather (maybe grandfather in law? idk lol) worked for FDR. You just need to check out his history. He supported an opinion that basically made it to where Guantanamo Bay prisoners couldn't find "relief" in civilian courts.. Of course, that was ALSO overruled by SCOTUS.. He also rarely votes for criminal conviction appeals.
The Potential Nomination of Merrick Garland
Decent link

DOA - 'Dead On Arrival': "Merrick Garland has ‘very liberal view of gun rights’"

Merrick Garland has ‘very liberal view of gun rights’

"JCN chief counsel Carrie Severino said in a blog post that Judge Merrick’s record on the bench since 1997 “leads to the conclusion that he would vote to reverse one of Justice Scalia’s most important opinions, D.C. vs. Heller, which affirmed that the Second Amendment confers an individual right to keep and bear arms.”

If Liberals want another civil war in this country, I dare them to pass legislation taking guns away from Americans! "Come and get it' will become something heard not just at mealtime!

No way this dude make it to the Supreme Court! If he does, the fix is in, and at that point it will mean that even the GOP Establishment has agreed that the only way to keep their power is to disarm the American people.

Every time a judge votes in the minority, he is supporting unconstitutionality.

That is the case in which he supported a rehearing on. SC voted down the re-hearing with a majority.
In 2007, the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, of which Garland was Chief Judge, accepted the District of Columbia v. Heller case challenging Washington, DC’s gun control measures. A four-judge panel not including Garland ruled 3-1 that the measures were incompatible with the Second Amendment, a ruling eventually upheld by the Supreme Court. DC mayor Adrian Fenty then petitioned the court for a hearing en banc, meaning that the entire Court and not just a specific panel would hear the case. Garland voted in favor of the petition, which was defeated 6-4.

If this guy supports unconstitutionality, WTF is he doing being nominated for SC?

Why are the conservatives who lost the gay marriage case still on the Court?

What a great way to honor Scalia.
Don't attend his funeral. Nominate a 'direct opposite', and then the guy nominated steps over Scalia's dead body (so to speak) to cast the deciding vote to overturn Scalia's opinion to help strip Americans of their right to bear arms.
:rolleyes:

So ? Justices "lose" all the time and then write decents .
He is supposedly the most qualified for the job. I didn't know qualifications for SCOTUS involved supporting unconstitutionality.

That dead Scalia was on the losing end lots of times too. I guess he was supporting unconstitutionality too, right?
This isn't about Scalia you hack POS.

The point of the OP is that being on the losing end of a SC ruling means you support unconstitutionality. Scalia's losses are relevant.
I wont

If a judge has had one of his rulings overturned by the Supreme Court, he should not be appointed to the Supreme Court? That's the benchmark you want?

You suuuuuure?
I can mention all the others one, too :)
I just thought THIS one was pretty important. Know what I mean?

Don't attend his funeral. Nominate a 'direct opposite', and then the guy nominated steps over Scalia's dead body (so to speak) to cast the deciding vote to overturn Scalia's opinion to help strip Americans of their right to bear arms.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

You summed it up perfectly. Nuff said.

Why are the conservatives who lost the gay marriage case still on the Court?
Because our SC is appointed for life. And our Congress has NEVER battled our SC (I think). Maybe someone can correct me?

So ? Justices "lose" all the time and then write decents .
He is supposedly the most qualified for the job. I didn't know qualifications for SCOTUS involved supporting unconstitutionality.

That dead Scalia was on the losing end lots of times too. I guess he was supporting unconstitutionality too, right?

The point of the OP is that being on the losing end of a SC ruling means you support unconstitutionality. Scalia's losses are relevant.
I wont

You suuuuuure?
Are you sure this is the benchmark you want set for people appointed to the Supreme Court?

You summed it up perfectly. Nuff said.
You would have been upset if President Obama had gone to his funeral. But we can see who really wants to step on Scalia's dead body.

I wont

You suuuuuure?
Are you sure this is the benchmark you want set for people appointed to the Supreme Court?
That they should support and defend the Constitution? Goddamn right

The Republicans will roll over as usual. Don't expect much of a fight on this one. Oh they'll pretend to oppose the guy for a day or two, and then they'll roll over. There is no 'Republican Leadership.' The Party is in shambles.

[
You would have been upset if President Obama had gone to his funeral. But we can see who really wants to step on Scalia's dead body.
Bo, stick to speaking for yourself because you SUCK trying to speak for me. All you're doing is embarrassing yourself.

Anyone who belittles a sign of respect, especially for the dead, specifically for one who earned that respect, is a dumbass. Partisanship B$ has no place at funerals or in regards to death. Maybe to YOU it does, but if so that only would go to show how petty you are. I personally believe you aren't that petty and just let the rhetoric carry you away to make that last comment.

And when did Merrick vote against Heller exactly?

It's not Scalias seat. It's the people's seat .

Your 2nd amendment scenario is rediculous .

Forum List

Back