🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Susan Collins may be forced to vote No on Brett Kavanagh

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.

No, the terrible injustice happened to Dr. Ford 35 years ago.

The real reason why Collins and Murkowski will vote against him is that women know that she is telling the truth.
Note who thinks sexual assault is funny.....and that is why the GOP is, again, hemorrhaging women.

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.

A Senator is a representative of the people of the State in which they run. They can and many times do vote their conscience, and many times the citizens provide a better argument than the Senate Leader, whose sole concern is getting votes to support him and his party.

Senator Collins has proven to swim up stream, I doubt she will factor her success in an election 26 months in the future.

Let's hope more Senators vote their conscience, and the No vote is 58 or more - if McConnell is good vote counter, he will find himself in a pickle all of his doing and not bring the vote up until after the Nov. Election.

They are trying to bribe her and it's against the law.

The FBI really should investigate this one

What do you mean "trying to bribe her"?

Maine is more a purple, Independent state. There are a mighty lot of Republicans here.

Senator Collins liked Kavanaugh prior to these allegations being known and planned to vote for him. I think she will still vote for him. She IS receiving a lot of pressure from BOTH sides and as usual she will do what her conscience tells her is best. Collins does not bend to pressure, but she does listen and I know she is taking the hearing into account, as well as whatever information the Senate gets from an investigation.

If Susan Collins votes no she will become a GOP outcast.

She is a representative of Maine, a BLUE STATE. Her job and career only depend on Maine voters who are mostly Democrat. You can't be RED on such a divisive issue like this in a BLUE STATE.

And yet Manchin voted with Obama all the time, though he comes from a RED STATE. So I'm not so sure.

If Kavanaugh is not confirmed, the democrat Party will get completely blown out in the midterms, losing 12 to 14 Senate seats.

And that's without either: Trump rounding up their leadership for sedition and treason, or their getting exposed as the Satan worshiping, blood drinking, pedophiles they are

Thank you Frank. Knowing your ability to see the future has been 100% wrong, I'm feeling really good right now.

Good for the country if we can keep an anti-civil rights, OBVIOUSLY partisan "judge" off the highest court of the land.

Did you know he and Merrick Garland on the cases they decided together voted the same way 90% plus times?

Have you got the nerve to call Garland anti civil rights?
Funny that you bring up Merrick Garland......what did the GOP do to him?

Except, Joe Manchin loses his Senate seat this year in WV if he votes no

If Kavanaugh is not confirmed, the democrat Party will get completely blown out in the midterms, losing 12 to 14 Senate seats.

And that's without either: Trump rounding up their leadership for sedition and treason, or their getting exposed as the Satan worshiping, blood drinking, pedophiles they are

Thank you Frank. Knowing your ability to see the future has been 100% wrong, I'm feeling really good right now.

You and President Hillary

Good for the country if we can keep an anti-civil rights, OBVIOUSLY partisan "judge" off the highest court of the land.

Terrible for the country if you believe in the founders, GOD, religion and protecting the rights of unborn children. Terrible if you believe in PROTECTING the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE. It was mere allegations about the Jews that created the situation that allowed for 6 million of them to be murdered. The reason we have the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is to prevent that type of terror that is so common in dictatorships!
Our whole way of life and our freedoms are at stake

We MUST have the vote, if Kav is defeatex, Trump needs to renominate him after midterms, as we will have 3 to 7 more republicans in the Senate as we do now

No, what’s sad is this sort of ignorance of the law and the political process; and that far too many Americans are in fact this ignorant.

Senate confirmation is a political – not legal – process; the notion of ‘presumption of innocence’ and ‘due process’ come into play only when someone is charged with a crime where he might lose his liberty or life; neither is the case for Kavanaugh.

Because this is a political process, Kavanaugh is not entitled to a ‘presumption of innocence,’ no ‘injustice’ will have occurred if Kavanaugh fails to win the appointment.

What do you mean "trying to bribe her"?

The same way they hooked Flake. Betcha the Libs offered him Boeing Aircraft and Dupont for his bank account

Bribe her? In what way?

Like you have not been following it pledging 1 million dollars to her opponent ( to be named later) if she votes yes.

Kavanaugh is unfit to be on the Supreme Court because he’s a reactionary conservative ideologue hostile to the Constitution, its case law, the rule of law, and the rights and protected liberties of the American people – that he sexually assaulted a woman in his youth and is lying about it now is confirmation of the fact that he’s just as dishonest as he is unfit.

If Susan Collins votes no she will become a GOP outcast.
So a Senator shouldn't vote as the people of her state and her conscience wants her to? Ok....interesting.

Is that what the people, that voted a republican into office in a blue state, want her to do?

Or is the voters that voted against her being elected want her to do?

A lot of her support is across party lines, Democrats and independents. There are not nearly enough Republicans in Maine to save her in 2020 if she votes YES on Kavanagh. Its sad, but I think that is the reality.

What does Collins tell Maine voters, vote for me and I'll vote with the Democrats on the issues? :cuckoo:
Do you think she was elected by Mainers anticipating that they wanted her to vote for a drunk misogynist who doesn't have the temperament to get a lifetime appointment to the highest court of the land?

Here's the game you want to play, little girl. It's okay for you to call Kav a "drunk misogynist" but when some posters makes a mild joke about "probed by aliens" then he's *turn on the dramatic music* "making fun of sexual assault victims*. Oh no, get the smelling salts and the fainting couches.

Your "poor me" routine is an insult to truly strong, grown up, independent women. And THAT Is why I left feminism probably before you were born. Thank God.

Kavanaugh is unfit to be on the Supreme Court because he’s a reactionary conservative ideologue hostile to the Constitution, its case law, the rule of law, and the rights and protected liberties of the American people – that he sexually assaulted a woman in his youth and is lying about it now is confirmation of the fact that he’s just as dishonest as he is unfit.

This is the party that cries about anti-bullying, remember.

Then, after they've actually bullied someone, they love to call them "reactionary".

Jones, what about the woman who accused you of the same thing as Kavanaugh plus you stole all her money and food stamps then drank up all her beer and pissed in the kitchen sink. I'm not accusing you, just repeating the rumors going around. How d'ya like them apples? And don't lie.

maybe it turns out 50 ta 50 in the vote

guess what then

VP makes the tie breaking vote

where does he stand on the issue

--LOL

Jones, what about the woman who accused you of the same thing as Kavanaugh plus you stole all her money and food stamps then drank up all her beer and pissed in the kitchen sink. I'm not accusing you, just repeating the rumors going around. How d'ya like them apples? And don't lie.

#BelieveAllWomen

maybe it turns out 50 ta 50 in the vote

guess what then

VP makes the tie breaking vote

where does he stand on the issue

--LOL

Maybe the Dems will try to bribe Pence to vote NO and offer him Twitter, Google and GM.

Forum List

Back