🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Susan Collins may be forced to vote No on Brett Kavanagh

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.
Except, Joe Manchin loses his Senate seat this year in WV if he votes no
If current polling is accurate he is going to lose it any way. If it remains as it is today he is history and a republican will take his place.

Kavanaugh is unfit to be on the Supreme Court because he’s a reactionary conservative ideologue hostile to the Constitution, its case law, the rule of law, and the rights and protected liberties of the American people – that he sexually assaulted a woman in his youth and is lying about it now is confirmation of the fact that he’s just as dishonest as he is unfit.
Jones, what about the woman who accused you of the same thing as Kavanaugh plus you stole all her money and food stamps then drank up all her beer and pissed in the kitchen sink. I'm not accusing you, just repeating the rumors going around. How d'ya like them apples? And don't lie.
And he must now prove he is innocent... We don't have to prove a damn thing... He has to prove he didn't.. Democrat rules and he has to play by them...

LOL..

Her constituents want Kavanaugh.... what are you folks smoking?
Really? You've got the polls from Maine to show that is true?
There was a small poll done in August that had her down to a 36% approval rating. They don't want her to vote for Kavanaugh. She had said, prior to the allegations coming out, that she was supporting him. Now she's mum.

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.
No, what’s sad is this sort of ignorance of the law and the political process; and that far too many Americans are in fact this ignorant.

Senate confirmation is a political – not legal – process; the notion of ‘presumption of innocence’ and ‘due process’ come into play only when someone is charged with a crime where he might lose his liberty or life; neither is the case for Kavanaugh.

Because this is a political process, Kavanaugh is not entitled to a ‘presumption of innocence,’ no ‘injustice’ will have occurred if Kavanaugh fails to win the appointment.

When she accused him of sexual abuse, it became criminal

Hard to help your state without good committee assignments. Might be even harder to vote no when it is a more conservative nominee. That is exactly what would happen if Kavanaugh is rejected. Kethledge or Barrett most likely. You can hear the shovels looking for dirt already.

Susan Collins is 66 years old.

She is in her third tern in the Senate.

Her career is well known and well established, even if she will not get elected for and serve another term. I am sure she is well set financially.

If she has any decency she will vote YES, and if she is rejected by her constituents in 2020 she can retire with honor and self-respect.

LOL..

Her constituents want Kavanaugh.... what are you folks smoking?
Really? You've got the polls from Maine to show that is true?
There was a small poll done in August that had her down to a 36% approval rating. They don't want her to vote for Kavanaugh. She had said, prior to the allegations coming out, that she was supporting him. Now she's mum.
I think she is angry about the stunts pulled at her office before the allegations

Except, Joe Manchin loses his Senate seat this year in WV if he votes no
If current polling is accurate he is going to lose it any way. If it remains as it is today he is history and a republican will take his place.
I believe you are mistaken, but if votes no, he is toast

RealClearPolitics - Election 2018 - West Virginia Senate - Morrisey vs. Manchin

If Kavanaugh is not confirmed, the democrat Party will get completely blown out in the midterms, losing 12 to 14 Senate seats.

And that's without either: Trump rounding up their leadership for sedition and treason, or their getting exposed as the Satan worshiping, blood drinking, pedophiles they are
Dream on.

In 2 elections cycles dems will be lucky to keep leadership in NY and CA

Wanna make a bet? I'd bet Texas turns blue before CA or NY turns red.

Anyone voting no on Kavanaugh does not have a grasp on where the American people are today....and will be sorry for it.....the polls are as bogus as ever and are leading people astray....

The dems latest circus as did the Wellstone memorial has turned the stomachs of decent democrats all over the nation....they have self destructed and leveled their blue wave down to a ripple in a stream....MAGA

First of all, Maine is not a firmly blue state by any means. It's a swing state. They have a Republican governor, the Republicans control one house of their state assembly, Trump won the electoral vote from the Second Congressional District, and prior to King being elected in 2012, they had two Republican Senators for almost 20 years. Maine is far more like New Hampshire than Massachusetts.

Collins is also fairly popular. She has never really had a tough reelection. The 2020 election is two years away and there will be a lot of issues people will be voting on. I don't know how many people will Kavanaugh on their minds by then. Two years is an eternity in Politics.

The dems latest circus as did the Wellstone memorial has turned the stomachs of decent democrats all over the nation....they have self destructed and leveled their blue wave down to a ripple in a stream....MAGA

That's simply your opinion. I have seen no polling or evidence at this point showing that to be the case.

Good for the country if we can keep an anti-civil rights, OBVIOUSLY partisan "judge" off the highest court of the land.
Kagan, Ginsberg, and Sotomayer are already on the court, dumbass.
And excellent Justices they are. Not drunk misogynists....already two pluses over Kavanaugh.
Unfortunately, conservatives will have their majority of fear, ignorance, bigotry, racism, and hate on the Supreme Court – if not Kavanaugh then another reactionary conservative ideologue.

And millions of Americans will suffer as a consequence, subject to discriminatory laws and measures enacted by Republican state governments seeking to disadvantage various classes of persons for no other reason than who they are: to compel conformity, silence dissent, and oppose diversity.

Sadly, those classes of persons disadvantaged by ignorant, hateful Republican state lawmakers will no longer be able to seek relief in the Federal courts, and with the political process likewise unavailable to them, be relegated to the margins of society and subject to punitive measures for the ‘crime’ of expressing their individual liberty.

That's simply your opinion. I have seen no polling or evidence at this point showing that to be the case.
We didn't see the polling showing a Trump win either....stop listening to the lying pollsters....did you know they are still weighting the dems by 12% in every political poll?......they haven't learned a thing.....

If Kavanaugh is not confirmed, the democrat Party will get completely blown out in the midterms, losing 12 to 14 Senate seats.

And that's without either: Trump rounding up their leadership for sedition and treason, or their getting exposed as the Satan worshiping, blood drinking, pedophiles they are
Dream on.

In 2 elections cycles dems will be lucky to keep leadership in NY and CA

Wanna make a bet? I'd bet Texas turns blue before CA or NY turns red.
Need more information, do we get voter ID laws?

Forum List

Back