🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Susan Collins may be forced to vote No on Brett Kavanagh

If Susan Collins votes no she will become a GOP outcast.
So a Senator shouldn't vote as the people of her state and her conscience wants her to? Ok....interesting.

Is that what the people, that voted a republican into office in a blue state, want her to do?

Or is the voters that voted against her being elected want her to do?

A lot of her support is across party lines, Democrats and independents. There are not nearly enough Republicans in Maine to save her in 2020 if she votes YES on Kavanagh. Its sad, but I think that is the reality.

She is a representative of Maine, a BLUE STATE. Her job and career only depend on Maine voters who are mostly Democrat. You can't be RED on such a divisive issue like this in a BLUE STATE.
So, it isn't about right and wrong, it isn't about truth any longer, now it's about democrats and republicans. Got it :rolleyes-41:

So a Senator shouldn't vote as the people of her state and her conscience wants her to? Ok....interesting.

Is that what the people, that voted a republican into office in a blue state, want her to do?

A lot of her support is across party lines, Democrats and independents. There are not nearly enough Republicans in Maine to save her in 2020 if she votes YES on Kavanagh. Its sad, but I think that is the reality.

What does Collins tell Maine voters, vote for me and I'll vote with the Democrats on the issues? :cuckoo:

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.

No, the terrible injustice happened to Dr. Ford 35 years ago.

The real reason why Collins and Murkowski will vote against him is that women know that she is telling the truth.

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.

They are trying to bribe her and it's against the law.

The FBI really should investigate this one

No, the terrible injustice happened to Dr. Ford 35 years ago.

The real reason why Collins and Murkowski will vote against him is that women know that she is telling the truth.

What injustice she didn't report the misdemeanor back then

Terrible for the country if you believe in the founders, GOD, religion and protecting the rights of unborn children.

There are no unborn children. And we live in a country with separationof Church and state, so keep your fucking bronze age superstitions to yourself.

Terrible if you believe in PROTECTING the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE.

Not an issue here. The fact is, people are rejected for jobs all the time because someone said something bad about them. Ask anyone who has been blackballed by a former employer.

It was mere allegations about the Jews that created the situation that allowed for 6 million of them to be murdered.

Um, no. It had more to do with the anti-Semitism that is hardwired into Christianity. They killed your imaginary God man.

The reason we have the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is to prevent that type of terror that is so common in dictatorships!

Again, not an issue here. The question is, do we give this guy a lifetime appointment when there are a lot of questions about his partisanship and character. His rant about "Hillary is out to get me!" should have been a deal breaker if nothing else is.

Good for the country if we can keep an anti-civil rights, OBVIOUSLY partisan "judge" off the highest court of the land.
Sotomayor
Ginsburg
Kagan
Breyer

Obviously partisan judges from the highest court of the land listed in this post, Bodecea.
Probably should have ran some political game to have kept them from serving like what the democrats are trying to do.
There are already four left wing partisan hacks on the court... they need to be replaced..

She can do the easy thing, or the right thing. In war, there are many who must make that decision. Whatever she decides, she will wear it the rest of her life.

They are trying to bribe her and it's against the law.

The FBI really should investigate this one

Bribe her? In what way?

Good for the country if we can keep an anti-civil rights, OBVIOUSLY partisan "judge" off the highest court of the land.

You and Collins should have the same input on ANY political issue... NONE!!!! Unless your husband or daddy gives it to you.

The worthless count from Maine shouldn’t be given a single penny if Republican money for her reelection if she votes against Kavanaugh.

The Deep State rollovers have already begun with McCabe and Page rolling over on Rosenstein. Rosenstein will need someone to rollover on and so on. How many of you are betting against Trump giving a speech that says "None of the elected conspirators in the failed coup will be arrested until after the election but obviously they are almost all incumbent Ds." This is a mostly dead issue. The Ds will delay and Kavanaugh will go after the Ds Senators not arrested by Trump.

Last edited:
The Deep State rollovers have already begun with McCabe and Page rolling over on Rosenstein. Rosenstein will need someone to rollover on and so on. How many of you are betting against Trump giving a speech that says "None of the elected conspirators in the failed coup will be arrested until after the election but obviously they are almost all incumbent Ds."

You don’t arrest members of a failed coup. You drag them out into the National Mall and execute them sans trial.

There are no unborn children. And we live in a country with separationof Church and state, so keep your fucking bronze age superstitions to yourself.

We live in a country that enjoys freedom of speech and free expression of religion under the force of law, so fuck off, ya Commie.

I would be surprised, not necessarily shocked, but surprised, if Collins voted against Kavanaugh. Collins is just jumping through the hoops to look like she is giving this some serious thought. In the end, she will cast her vote for Kavanaugh because she is and wants to remain a Republican.

all those democrats, they're not just a no, they're a no, no matter what

let's hope Senator Collins sees the light

Senator Collins is there to represent all of her constituents, and not just the ones that voted for her. Even theoretically, if none of the Democrats constituents that may not have voted for her, and a significant number of Republican constituents that may have voted for her, disagree with the nomination, it would only be prudent that she represent their desires with her vote in the Senate.

I mean we'll see what she does, but service often requires you serve someone you don't agree with.

Forum List

Back