Syria jihadists impose Taliban-style music, smoking ban

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
When these nuts take over, nobody can enjoy life. They actually should be listening to music as music soothes the savage beast, and they certainly are savages.

January 20, 2014
Syria jihadists impose Taliban-style
music, smoking ban

BEIRUT - The jihadist Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham has banned music and smoking in Syria's Raqqa, days after taking control of the northern city following battles with rebel groups.

ISIS said it had decided to "ban the sale of music CDs, music players, and playing songs in cars and buses and in shops and all places," in a statement posted on jihadist websites and signed the "Wali [governor] of Raqqa."

To continue reading, go to:

https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/nowsyri...adists-impose-taliban-style-music-smoking-ban

Sunni Muslims extremists are the most violent, disgusting and backward creatures to live on this earth. The true scum of the earth, these people have no soul

Sunni Muslims extremists are the most violent, disgusting and backward creatures to live on this earth. The true scum of the earth, these people have no soul

I dunno....I kind of think Charles Taylor and his thugs in Sierra Leone were a bit scummier...just saying. Not too keen on these guys either: Congo: Atrocities beyond words | The Economist

You might need to re-consider "true scum" and take into account these charmers:eusa_angel:

I dunno....I kind of think Charles Taylor and his thugs in Sierra Leone were a bit scummier...just saying. Not too keen on these guys either: Congo: Atrocities beyond words | The Economist

You might need to re-consider "true scum" and take into account these charmers:eusa_angel:

Nice deflection :)

What the heck :dunno:

People need to expand their horizons. See what it's like in the rest of the world instead of settling like toads in the ME thinking that is the worst there is. I'm just helping them along ;)

People need to expand their horizons. See what it's like in the rest of the world instead of settling like toads in the ME thinking that is the worst there is. I'm just helping them along ;)

Actually, Coyote, my husband has been around the world 5 times while in the Navy plus afterward in the 80's was sent to the Middle East by our government to do such jobs as taking people out of Iran who wanted to leave. He certainly has a different view of the Middle East than you do so I don't think you would be helping my husband along.

Actually, Coyote, my husband has been around the world 5 times while in the Navy plus afterward in the 80's was sent to the Middle East by our government to do such jobs as taking people out of Iran who wanted to leave. He certainly has a different view of the Middle East than you do so I don't think you would be helping my husband along.

That's cool Sally, but I was talking about these forums. Everyone has their own perspective and see's the world differently through the lens of their experiences. No one owns the right to insist that their view is the only Right View. I wouldn't. I hope you don't. Sometime you should consider exploring other areas here. Horrible things happen in many parts of the world. And, it's not just Muslims doing it. :)

So, how many children will die from this ban on music and smoking?

It seems much is being made of nothing.

And these people are not lawfully in power, they will eventually be kicked out of Syria.

That's cool Sally, but I was talking about these forums. Everyone has their own perspective and see's the world differently through the lens of their experiences. No one owns the right to insist that their view is the only Right View. I wouldn't. I hope you don't. Sometime you should consider exploring other areas here. Horrible things happen in many parts of the world. And, it's not just Muslims doing it. :)

Oh, Coyote, everyone knows that there are horrible things happening everywhere. However, right now the Middle East is in the news a lot, isn't it, so why shouldn't the posters want to post on this forum. No one is stopping you from posting here and giving your viewpoint (although I doubt you have had your experience of traveling through the Middle East) and also giving your viewpoint on all the many other forums that are available here. On these other forums you can talk about the horrible things that are happening elsewhere.

So, how many children will die from this ban on music and smoking?

It seems much is being made of nothing.

And these people are not lawfully in power, they will eventually be kicked out of Syria.

Regardless of their ban on music and smoking, you do not seem to have a problem with the thousands of children who have died there, many at the hands of these religious crazies.

ok I am delighted that you have decided to consider comments on OTHER situations,
HALAL is there a point to your comparison? Is the situation in Sierra Leone
in some way related to the filth filth of islamicism in Syria or the filth of islamicism in general------anything at all?

Oh, Coyote, everyone knows that there are horrible things happening everywhere. However, right now the Middle East is in the news a lot, isn't it, so why shouldn't the posters want to post on this forum. No one is stopping you from posting here and giving your viewpoint (although I doubt you have had your experience of traveling through the Middle East) and also giving your viewpoint on all the many other forums that are available here. On these other forums you can talk about the horrible things that are happening elsewhere.

The Middle East is in the news because people don't give a shit about Africa Sally. No strategic resources. But hey - it gives you a great chance to pretend you really care about children with out much challenge ;)

The Middle East is in the news because people don't give a shit about Africa Sally. No strategic resources. But hey - it gives you a great chance to pretend you really care about children with out much challenge ;)

Are you a mother, Coyote? When you are a mother you think about what is happening to children every place and are thankful that your own children don't have to undergo something like these children go through. And that is why I give money to UNICEF to help these children no matter what religion they are. By the way, there are stories about Africa in the newspaper as events fold. Perhaps you remember a big story they had about Sierra Leone the other year. However, I don't think we will be seeing much about the Boko Haram in Nigeria, do you? We did read about Mali, and learned how grateful the ordinary citizens of Mali were to see the French Army come in to help. If you are concerned with Africa, why not let it all hang out on the Africa forum?

Why would you say that?

Forum List

Back