Taliban leader admits tough Obama will win the war that Bush failed

The stupidity that emanates from the left on a daily basis boggles the mind.

The insanity that emanates from the left on a daily basis boggles the mind.

reads much better now.., do you agree ?

every lefty i ever met who had brains and common sense was really a Conservative in disguise playing the part of a fool for shits and giggles. :up:

After the Russians were driven out of Afghanistan the Taliban took control of the country and held it until the they were toppled after the 9-11 attacks so the outcome after all U.S. and NATO forces pull out will be different why?

It won't be.

Just like Iraq is now wartorn. Once our troops were gone I knew Iraq would be taken over by those Sharia law jihadists. Same will happen once our troops leave Stan.

If memory serves me seem that the current fuck in the WH is following the plan Bush left as far as removal of our troops.

Guess the Op is full of shit again.

Wasn't that the prognosis in 1991?

Reasons Not to Invade Iraq,

I agree that if our troops completely leave and the West ignores the place again, sure it will fall back to the Religionist.

Might have been but I just knew the minute our troops were gone so was Iraq.

As soon as the last of our troops pull out of Stan then the Taliban will be right back in control of the country as Karsai and his army will never hold it.

The withdrawals were all planned on Bush's agenda and that fuck in the Wh is just following those plans. Doubt any of the jihadist dirtbags think he's any tougher that Bush or any other leader in America.

After the Russians were driven out of Afghanistan the Taliban took control of the country and held it until the they were toppled after the 9-11 attacks so the outcome after all U.S. and NATO forces pull out will be different why?

It won't be.

Just like Iraq is now wartorn. Once our troops were gone I knew Iraq would be taken over by those Sharia law jihadists. Same will happen once our troops leave Stan.

If memory serves me seem that the current fuck in the WH is following the plan Bush left as far as removal of our troops.

I agree that if our troops completely leave and the West ignores the place again, sure it will fall back to the Religionist.
So why did Obama allow that to happen in Iraq, with predicted results?
Why is Obama following the same script in Afghanistan?

It won't be.

The pull out had been negotiated and signed. He admitted many times, much to the distress of his anti-war followers, that he was willing to leave behind a residual force but, like his predecessor was not willing to subject them to the local laws.

"President Obama announced on Tuesday a plan to leave a residual force of 9,800 service members in Afghanistan beyond 2014. By 2016, most troops will be out of the country."

"All of this, Obama said, will only be possible if the Afghan government signs a bilateral security agreement."

Obama Plans To Leave Residual Force Of 9,800 In Afghanistan : The Two-Way : NPR

The pull out had been negotiated and signed. He admitted many times, much to the distress of his anti-war followers, that he was willing to leave behind a residual force but, like his predecessor was not willing to subject them to the local laws.

"President Obama announced on Tuesday a plan to leave a residual force of 9,800 service members in Afghanistan beyond 2014. By 2016, most troops will be out of the country."

"All of this, Obama said, will only be possible if the Afghan government signs a bilateral security agreement."

Yes, we know Obama failed to negotiate a stay behind force. Obama has failed to negotiate anything without coming out like the rube.
And now he is repeating the same failure in Afghanistan, leaving behind a force totally inadequate to the task, after he authorized a failed surge that was totally inadequate to the task.

Yes, we know Obama failed to negotiate a stay behind force. Obama has failed to negotiate anything without coming out like the rube.
And now he is repeating the same failure in Afghanistan, leaving behind a force totally inadequate to the task, after he authorized a failed surge that was totally inadequate to the task.

Again, like the Iraqis, the Afghans are the ones to decide.

Your memory serves you poorly or you have no clue what you are talking about.

Bush had no plan when he dumped the Afghanistan mess on Obama. Upon taking office in 2009 Obama authorized the largest, since Vietnam, US Marines Air to Ground invasion into the Taliban stronghold of Helmand and Kandahar Provinces.

Then Obama ordered newly appointed General McChrystal to come up with a new plan and that plan was modified and executed on the battlefield. Our troops have carried out the mission with heroism patriotism and professionalism, and I am proud of them.

Yeah, we're leaving.

Why do you make so many errors. The link you posted says we are not leaving.

Under Obama's plan, announced in May before Sunni militants seized control of much of Iraq, some 20,200 American troops will leave Afghanistan during the next five months, dropping the U.S. force to 9,800 by year's end. That number would be cut in half by the end of 2015, with only about 1,000 remaining in Kabul after the end of 2016.

I wrote earlier that I put my money on a thousand US Special Ops to deal with any emergence of Taliban strength that the 300,000 strong ANA and ANP can not handle on their own.

If conditions on the ground change Obama can adjust the numbers and the withdrawal to meet it.

So that's why ISIS controls the real estate from Aleppo to Baghdad, cause they're a-scared of Obammy. Uh huh

When did ISIS take control of Baghdad?

ISIS is nearing Baghdad, ISIS fears no one; an Islamic "end time" force. The US should have been involved already, Obama owns this nightmare NOW.

It's just the way Obama wants it: the Middle East in flames under the banner of radical Islam and the US Southern Border throw wide open

Yeah, we're leaving.

Why do you make so many errors. The link you posted says we are not leaving.

Under Obama's plan, announced in May before Sunni militants seized control of much of Iraq, some 20,200 American troops will leave Afghanistan during the next five months, dropping the U.S. force to 9,800 by year's end. That number would be cut in half by the end of 2015, with only about 1,000 remaining in Kabul after the end of 2016.

I wrote earlier that I put my money on a thousand US Special Ops to deal with any emergence of Taliban strength that the 300,000 strong ANA and ANP can not handle on their own.

If conditions on the ground change Obama can adjust the numbers and the withdrawal to meet it.

If you think 1000 US troops can stand off 300,000 Taliban then you;'ve watched Beau Geste way too many times.
If you think Obama will leave those troops there if things get hot then you'er even dumber than you appear.

As soon as the last of our troops pull out of Stan then the Taliban will be right back in control of the country as Karsai and his army will never hold it.

The Afghan's have been holding it for over a year. US troops willl be there in sufficient numbers to help the ANA and ANP maintain that capability. You have not been paying attention to the only 911 related war at all have you?

If you think 1000 US troops can stand off 300,000 Taliban then you;'ve watched Beau Geste way too many times.

(1) Where did you get your estimate of the number of active Taliban fighters? I've not seen over all these years any released intelligence estimates that put the number of Taliban fighters over 30,000?

(2) The leader of the Joint Special Operations Command, Army Lieutenant General Joseph Votel, certainly thinks 980 US elite forces can stand off however many Taliban who want to keep fighting after 2014.

The panel also got a rare public appearance from the leader of the Joint Special Operations Command, army Lieutenant General Joseph Votel, nominated for elevation to run the overarching US Special Operations Command. Votel revealed that after 2014, the US will maintain 2,000 elite forces in Afghanistan, with 980 of them tasked for the residual counterterrorism mission President Obama outlined in May, a figure Votel testified was adequate.

US general sees only 'good news' in Afghanistan as senators voice concerns | World news | theguardian.com

(3) Why should I or anyone else take your baseless viewpoint over the professional Senate testimony of Lieutenant General Joseph Votel? Do you have any convincing facts or points to put forward for all to see?

(1) Where did you get your estimate of the number of active Taliban fighters? I've not seen over all these years any released intelligence estimates that put the number of Taliban fighters over 30,000?

(2) The leader of the Joint Special Operations Command, Army Lieutenant General Joseph Votel, certainly thinks 980 US elite forces can stand off however many Taliban who want to keep fighting after 2014.

The panel also got a rare public appearance from the leader of the Joint Special Operations Command, army Lieutenant General Joseph Votel, nominated for elevation to run the overarching US Special Operations Command. Votel revealed that after 2014, the US will maintain 2,000 elite forces in Afghanistan, with 980 of them tasked for the residual counterterrorism mission President Obama outlined in May, a figure Votel testified was adequate.

US general sees only 'good news' in Afghanistan as senators voice concerns | World news | theguardian.com

(3) Why should I or anyone else take your baseless viewpoint over the professional Senate testimony of Lieutenant General Joseph Votel? Do you have any convincing facts or points to put forward for all to see?
Oh gee a general up for promotion in a high profile situation toes the adminsitration line and tells them what they want to hear. That never happens.
Please. Quit embarassing yourself with your idiotic posts, get off your knees and go and read something.

Holy shit, my stomach hurts from laughing uncontrollably that someone would believe a) the source and b) the information itself.

The critical thinking skills in this country have taken a vacation....

How is your permanent vacation?

" Votel revealed that after 2014, the US will maintain 2,000 elite forces in Afghanistan, with 980 of them tasked for the residual counterterrorism mission President Obama outlined in May, a figure Votel testified was adequate."

I certainly believe the critical thinking skills of the leader of the Joint Special Operations Command, Army Lieutenant General Joseph Votel are impeccable. Surely you jest that you have more critical thinking skills than such a liberal high ranking military officer?

Holy shit, my stomach hurts from laughing uncontrollably that someone would believe a) the source and b) the information itself.

The critical thinking skills in this country have taken a vacation....

How is your permanent vacation?

" Votel revealed that after 2014, the US will maintain 2,000 elite forces in Afghanistan, with 980 of them tasked for the residual counterterrorism mission President Obama outlined in May, a figure Votel testified was adequate."

I certainly believe the critical thinking skills of the leader of the Joint Special Operations Command, Army Lieutenant General Joseph Votel are impeccable. Surely you jest that you have more critical thinking skills than such a liberal high ranking military officer?
Is he the same guy who came up with the failed surge?

You're just a fucking joke.

Oh gee a general up for promotion in a high profile situation toes the adminsitration line and tells them what they want to hear.

I see you cannot answer my questions but to come back and insinuate that a high ranking military officer is a buttkissing liar because he has faith, trust and respect for hundreds of elite special forces under his command. All because he does not agree with you and blows down your baseless nonsense that you cannot defend with facts and reason.

Is yours a conservative or libertarian frame of mind? Conservatives aren't known to lack respect for our fine upstanding men and women in uniform as you are doing.

Last edited:
Oh gee a general up for promotion in a high profile situation toes the adminsitration line and tells them what they want to hear.

I see you cannot answer my questions but to come back and insinuate that a high ranking miliart officer is a liar because he has faith, trust and respect for hundreds of elite special forces under his command. All because he does not agree with you and blows down your baseless nonsense that you cannot defend with facts and reason.

Is yours a conservative or libertarian frame of mind? Conservatives aren't know to lack respect for our fine upstanding men and women in uniform as you are doing.

He isnt a liar. But he is telling the president what he wants to hear. Recall what happened to McChrystal when he told the truth.

Forum List

Back