Talking about President Trump....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
A great column by Andrew Klavan talking about President Trump vs his haters......

The reason I have been so comfortable with the eccentric presidency of Donald Trump is because he has succeeded in ways that are important to me, and where he can be said to have failed, it is in matters to which I’m largely indifferent.

Trump has a far more realistic sense of the world than most elites and experts. He was right about globalism, nationalism, borders, regulations, China, and taxes. He is good at fixing things and making things work and making decisions. He is not, like Obama and his professorial ilk, an incompetent man snakebit by a false academic sense of the world.

What Trump has not done is he has not accepted the moral duties of a president as generally understood. Even though he has been far tougher on the world’s tyrants than Obama was, he talks about them as if they were great guys. He “fell in love” with Kim Jong Un, a murderous psychopath. He has repeatedly praised Vladimir Putin, a gangster. He believes in the power of his relationships, and gives no care to the moral message these careless statements send.

I think this is a legitimate criticism of him. I don’t dismiss it. I just personally don’t care very much about it. I don’t take my moral cues from politicians. I think most of them are moral buffoons. Trump does the right thing most of the time, no matter what he says.

Which brings me to the Chinese Flu. I think Trump has done a good job. He has done pretty much what he had to do. I think he has kept the federal government in check during a crisis. He has created no new agencies and has not tried to seize power from the states. This, in my personal book of concerns, is an act of near greatness.

A great column by Andrew Klavan talking about President Trump vs his haters......

The reason I have been so comfortable with the eccentric presidency of Donald Trump is because he has succeeded in ways that are important to me, and where he can be said to have failed, it is in matters to which I’m largely indifferent.

Trump has a far more realistic sense of the world than most elites and experts. He was right about globalism, nationalism, borders, regulations, China, and taxes. He is good at fixing things and making things work and making decisions. He is not, like Obama and his professorial ilk, an incompetent man snakebit by a false academic sense of the world.

What Trump has not done is he has not accepted the moral duties of a president as generally understood. Even though he has been far tougher on the world’s tyrants than Obama was, he talks about them as if they were great guys. He “fell in love” with Kim Jong Un, a murderous psychopath. He has repeatedly praised Vladimir Putin, a gangster. He believes in the power of his relationships, and gives no care to the moral message these careless statements send.

I think this is a legitimate criticism of him. I don’t dismiss it. I just personally don’t care very much about it. I don’t take my moral cues from politicians. I think most of them are moral buffoons. Trump does the right thing most of the time, no matter what he says.

Which brings me to the Chinese Flu. I think Trump has done a good job. He has done pretty much what he had to do. I think he has kept the federal government in check during a crisis. He has created no new agencies and has not tried to seize power from the states. This, in my personal book of concerns, is an act of near greatness.

Fantastic post, thank you.

Wow. So we're down to greenlighting and excusing incompetence? And here I thought the bar couldn't be set any lower. We used to demand statesmanship and leadership out of our politicians regardless of their party.
Oh well. Into irrelevance and obsolescence goes the Republican Party, the ideology of conservatism, and hopefully, the death of the right wing. When the end comes, you'll have no one to blame but yourselves.

Wow. So we're down to greenlighting and excusing incompetence? And here I thought the bar couldn't be set any lower. We used to demand statesmanship and leadership out of our politicians regardless of their party.
Oh well. Into irrelevance and obsolescence goes the Republican Party, the ideology of conservatism, and hopefully, the death of the right wing. When the end comes, you'll have no one to blame but yourselves.

What incompetence.....he is getting the job done and states are beginning to open up....the incompetence comes from the so called "experts," who advised shutting down the economy on Chinese Virus models that were competely wrong....

VERY WELL STATED.
Your last point is something I hadn't even considered! Had a Democrat been in office, they likely would have created a permanent, new "Dept. of Virus" with a 100 billion dollar budget to go along with all of the other failed agencies that largely fall short of their mandates!

You really are a hackneyed heel, aren't you? Any lower? Statesmanship and leadership? You mean we got statesmanship from Blow Job Bill? We got leadership from Fast and Loose Barry? We got statesmanship or leadership from Coughing, tripping, lying, erasing Hillary who couldn't even debate Trump without getting the questions secretly in advance? Trump may not score high on style or savoir-faire, but no one could set a bar lower than the DNC.

Just two days ago he told you tRumplings to inject Lysol and stuff a UV light up your butt.

I don't think anything else needs to be said.

You really are a hackneyed heel, aren't you? Any lower? Statesmanship and leadership? You mean we got statesmanship from Blow Job Bill? We got leadership from Fast and Loose Barry? We got statesmanship or leadership from Coughing, tripping, lying, erasing Hillary who couldn't even debate Trump without getting the questions secretly in advance? Trump may not score high on style or savoir-faire, but no one could set a bar lower than the DNC.

Clinton, Bush Jr, and Obama all belonged in that office. All showed leadership and competence. While I didn't agree policy wise with everything they did, I never once questioned if they belonged there. Trump is just a useless POS. But you go ahead and make whatever castle in the air out of that pile you want. Again, if that's the height you're setting the bar at, don't cry when the rest of us don't pull you out of that hole after the bar gets raised again.

Just two days ago he told you tRumplings to inject Lysol and stuff a UV light up your butt.

You lying sack of shit...........

You wish that was what he said. No, he didn’t. Quit projecting. That is exactly what you guys do. Twist and turn to try to convince others of what you wish he said, rather than what he did.

VERY WELL STATED.
Your last point is something I hadn't even considered! Had a Democrat been in office, they likely would have created a permanent, new "Dept. of Virus" with a 100 billion dollar budget to go along with all of the other failed agencies that largely fall short of their mandates!

It is actually Andrew Klavan's point.......but he is correct. He is one of my favorite go to guys for wisdom.....

I don't agree with Klavan's viewpoint on what constitutes success, nor find where we're sitting at today an improvement to any creating "new agencies or seizing power from states" that might have occurred over health issues in the past.

But he did a good job expressing himself and while I might not share his political views, I enjoy good writing. When I clicked on his name in the link provided in the OP, I see he has a number of satire pieces. I'll give them a shot, the one that immediately drew my attention is titled, "Obama Says He’s Proud To Endorse Biden If He Must [Satire]" It starts out....

President Barack Obama has endorsed Joe Biden for President. The endorsement comes after Bernie Sanders dropped out, Tulsi Gabbard became mathematically impossible and a potted plant with a sign hung on it saying “Vote for me,” was run over by an out-of-control forklift.

In a speech made in an irritating self-satisfied voice that was almost impossible to tolerate, Obama said, “I am pleased and proud to have no choice but to endorse the last person left in the race.

I don't care what side of the political aisle one sits, you'd have to be a stick in the mud not to enjoy, "an irritating self-satisfied voice that was almost impossible to tolerate".

You lying sack of shit...........
Nope, 'fraid not. We all watched it live.

You did too.

You wish that was what he said. No, he didn’t. Quit projecting. That is exactly what you guys do. Twist and turn to try to convince others of what you wish he said, rather than what he did.
We all watched it live.

Clinton, Bush Jr, and Obama all belonged in that office. All showed leadership and competence. While I didn't agree policy wise with everything they did, I never once questioned if they belonged there. Trump is just a useless POS. But you go ahead and make whatever castle in the air out of that pile you want. Again, if that's the height you're setting the bar at, don't cry when the rest of us don't pull you out of that hole after the bar gets raised again.
What you're saying is that you don't question what your party does, or says.
You question everything that the opposing party does and says, and then you often
have to twist reality to a comfortable level for yourself. It's understandable....I guess.

We all watched it live.
You twist and turn what he said.

We all watched it live.
You twist and turn what he said.
No, no need to. This one is all him. Wanna watch the video?

Clinton, Bush Jr, and Obama all belonged in that office. All showed leadership and competence.
The arrogance to think YOU decide who belongs in office! If you are voted IN, you belong in the fucking office, asswipe. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEAD. AS to your fantasies about the leadership and competence of Clinton or Obama, I'll leave that up to your own pathetic standards. Nothing Trump could ever do falls below that low bar you set.

Forum List

Back