Target pushes shoplifting crackdown by telling employees to stop thefts worth at least $50

As an employee it is not their duty to physically stop shoplifting. They can call the police. As an employee ifbi am asked to step in the way of a shoplifter and I get touched at all I'm suing my employer.

As an employee it is not their duty to physically stop shoplifting. They can call the police. As an employee ifbi am asked to step in the way of a shoplifter and I get touched at all I'm suing my employer.
When I worked for Target part-time back around the turn of the century (sounds really old when I put it that way), our boss told us that if you have someone trying to hold up a cashier and they ask you for all the money in the register, all you are supposed to say is, “paper or plastic”. They had the same view of shop lifting. You simply ask, “can I help you find something” if you suspect a shoplifter. We were never told to interdict

^^^ I don't mean to make light of such a situation, but I can't help but wonder if that has ever really been said to anyone before while during a holdup, "Paper or plastic?"

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Soon as one of them gets hurts trying to stop someone it's lawsuit time.

Better hope they don't get shot or stabbed, that workman's comp is gonna suck.

Besides it's target, who the hell gets paid enough there to stop some nwords stealing, oh sorry, collecting reperations?

Sounds like target needs some of these:

1719626283715.jpeg

“PUT DOWN THE SNICKERS! YOU HAVE 15 SECONDS TO COMPLY!”

💁🏼‍♀️_EXACTLY‼️ Target has allowed their stores to be looted and shelves cleared out with no consequences for the criminals, only the consumers

Let them hire armed security guards for loss prevention, asking their employees to intervene with shoplifters is ridiculous, to say the least

There is no way I would stop some entitled Karen stung out on meth from stealing anything.

When I worked at a bank we were taught do whatever they ask give them what they want. It’s not worth risking injury and it wasn’t your job.

wow i didnt no there was an amount people could swipe;. dang society is upside down. this is so disgusting.
Would you risk your safety and life over some crazed white lady stealing underwear or dryer sheets?

Forum List

Back