Target Stores Announce Many Closures..or "How to Squeeze Middle Class to Your Own Fiscal Death"

Does the foreign left assume that Target is closing it's stores because it wants to hurt the middle class? Think about left wing nazi propaganda.

Not at all. Most people want the fulfillment of earning a living. It's just that most people don't want to dedicate the entirety of their days and energy for most of the week to a job that cannot pay the bills no matter how hard they work...and where they see the longtime employees getting sacked two months before their retirement comes due (an epidemic) from some manufactured offense....and where they see zero chance at meaningful advancement.

The question is, whose fault is it that the worker is in a dead end job? Mine? Yours? Or his? If you are not happy with your pay, quit and work somewhere else. That's what I did. I wouldn't ask of someone what I haven't asked of myself. I was making a buck above minimum out of college. I saved up, lived like a pauper for 7 years, did without TV, internet, everything but electricity and a home phone. I went BACK to school, got a licence to work on planes and the day I finished college I had a job making 3 times what I was making just 18 months earlier. (I went from 6 an hour to 18 an hour) It can be done, but it involves sacrifice. I know, liberals can't imagine asking someone to go without their iPhone, iPad, internet, computer, etc as they aren't "requirements of life", but it can be done.

To top it off, you know when I did all this, in 2008, during the worst of the worst of the economic situation. 2008-2010, absolutely horrible job situation and yet I did it. Not by whining that I wasn't making enough pumping jet fuel at 2am, but by saving up and going back to school and getting a higher paying job.

But to demand some arbitrary pay for a job is asinine. And very selfish.

Two very liberal qualities.

Last edited:
Not at all. Most people want the fulfillment of earning a living. It's just that most people don't want to dedicate the entirety of their days and energy for most of the week to a job that cannot pay the bills no matter how hard they work...and where they see the longtime employees getting sacked two months before their retirement comes due (an epidemic) from some manufactured offense....and where they see zero chance at meaningful advancement.

The question is, whose fault is it that the worker is in a dead end job? Mine? Yours? Or his? If you are not happy with your pay, quit and work somewhere else. That's what I did. I wouldn't ask of someone what I haven't asked of myself. I was making a buck above minimum out of college. I saved up, lived like a pauper for 7 years, did without TV, internet, everything but electricity and a home phone. I went BACK to school, got a licence to work on planes and the day I finished college I had a job making 2.5 times what I was making just 18 months earlier. It can be done, but it involves sacrifice. I know, liberals can't imagine asking someone to go without their iPhone, iPad, internet, computer, etc as they aren't "requirements of life", but it can be done.

To top it off, you know when I did all this, in 2008, during the worst of the worst of the economic situation. 2008-2010, absolutely horrible job situation and yet I did it. Not by whining that I wasn't making enough pumping jet fuel at 2am, but by saving up and going back to school and getting a higher paying job.

But to demand some arbitrary pay for a job is asinine. And very selfish.

Two very liberal qualities.

Harder for Americans to Rise From Lower Rungs

Benjamin Franklin did it. Henry Ford did it. And American life is built on the faith that others can do it, too: rise from humble origins to economic heights. “Movin’ on up,” George Jefferson-style, is not only a sitcom song but a civil religion.

But many researchers have reached a conclusion that turns conventional wisdom on its head: Americans enjoy less economic mobility than their peers in Canada and much of Western Europe. The mobility gap has been widely discussed in academic circles, but a sour season of mass unemployment and street protests has moved the discussion toward center stage.

Former Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, a Republican candidate for president, warned this fall that movement “up into the middle income is actually greater, the mobility in Europe, than it is in America.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/05/u...ise-from-lower-rungs.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Social Immobility: Climbing The Economic Ladder Is Harder In The U.S. Than In Most European Countries

Social Immobility Climbing The Economic Ladder Is Harder In The U.S. Than In Most European Countries

In 1980 the top 1% earned 8.5% of total income. In 2007 they earned 23%.

In 1980 the bottom 90% earned 68% of total income. In 2007 they earned 53%.

Summary of Latest Federal Income Tax Data Tax Foundation

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

Conservatives simplistic minds

If you are rich it is because of your merits. If you are poor its because of your faults.

"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." - Louis D. Brandeis

Your sources are the new york times and huffington puffington post?

Try again. This time use some non biased sources. LOL

And I don't doubt it's hard. Fuck yea its hard. But I would have KILLED to have unemployment at 6% when I was in college and had quit my job to go to school full time. I was knocking on 10% and wondering if I would find any work even with a mechanic license. But I did it.

All without gov't assistance.

Now, I might have a biased viewpoint because our parish (not counties here, parishes) had the 19th lowest unemployment rate in the nation in the last study they did like last year. Everyone works here if they want to. If you're unemployed its your own damn fault.

Your sources are the new york times and huffington puffington post?

Try again. This time use some non biased sources. LOL

And I don't doubt it's hard. Fuck yea its hard. But I would have KILLED to have unemployment at 6% when I was in college and had quit my job to go to school full time. I was knocking on 10% and wondering if I would find any work even with a mechanic license. But I did it.

All without gov't assistance.

Now, I might have a biased viewpoint because our parish (not counties here, parishes) had the 19th lowest unemployment rate in the nation in the last study they did like last year. Everyone works here if they want to. If you're unemployed its your own damn fault.

Ad homs CLAIMING biased sources? THAT'S the problem with right wingers today, ZERO HONESTY OR CRITICAL THINKING

Former Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, a Republican candidate for president, warned this fall that movement “up into the middle income is actually greater, the mobility in Europe, than it is in America.” National Review, a conservative thought leader, wrote that “most Western European and English-speaking nations have higher rates of mobility.” Even Representative Paul D. Ryan, a Wisconsin Republican who argues that overall mobility remains high, recently wrote that “mobility from the very bottom up” is “where the United States lags behind.”

Liberal commentators have long emphasized class, but the attention on the right is largely new.

“It’s becoming conventional wisdom that the U.S. does not have as much mobility as most other advanced countries,” said Isabel V. Sawhill, an economist at the Brookings Institution. “I don’t think you’ll find too many people who will argue with that.”

At least five large studies in recent years have found the United States to be less mobile than comparable nations

...John Bridgeland, a former aide to President George W. Bush who helped start Opportunity Nation, an effort to seek policy solutions, said he was “shocked” by the international comparisons. “Republicans will not feel compelled to talk about income inequality,” Mr. Bridgeland said. “But they will feel a need to talk about a lack of mobility — a lack of access to the American Dream.”

...In 2006 Professor Corak reviewed more than 50 studies of nine countries. He ranked Canada, Norway, Finland and Denmark as the most mobile, with the United States and Britain roughly tied at the other extreme. Sweden, Germany, and France were scattered across the middle.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/05/u...ise-from-lower-rungs.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

" If you're unemployed its your own damn fault"

Must've been why conservatives CLAIMED during Dubya's great recession ,when McDonalds opened up 50,000 job openings, there were OVER 1,000,000+ applicants for the jobs. You know since people were just being lazy and all?

Neo-Liberalism/Conservatives is/has destroyed the American Economy in favor of the so called "Job Creator"... In reality are "Job Exporters"...

Soooooo, Target is losing money in this current market, had a major hacking breach and lost thousands of customers because of it, expanded too rapidly into the Canadian market and is losing money big time there and they need to close stores....... And it's only because the rich want to screw over the poor....... Tell me again which business school you went to.......

:cuckoo:
The school of not fact checking. Target has closed 12 stores not 11. The same number they opened last year. They opened the same number of stores in more profitable locations like any oh business would. And they have 10 new locations opening in Ohio, California, New Jersey, and . Massachusetts this year.
The school of not fact checking is the one you obviously went to sooooooo, opening new stores in profitable locations offsets all monetary losses even the cost of conducting market analysis, purchasing land, building new stores, hiring and firing employees.........? Merchandise contracts, supply contracts, legal fees oh and one more minor hic-up they had.......,

Analyst sees Target data breach costs topping $1 billion

Analyst sees Target data breach costs topping 1 billion - TwinCities.com
Derp I made no comment on their overall financial status. Your post is a waste of bandwidth.

Well over-regulation and over-taxing can also squeeze the middle class.

On the one hand, I sure do enjoy having a military, roads to drive on, fire protection, public education and clean water to drink and bathe in. On the other hand, I'd like some money left over after paying my bills each month to buy a few sundries, maybe a new pair of underwear and a random drive in the country or a new appliance once in a blue moon..

"Well over-regulation and over-taxing can also squeeze the middle class."

But that's NOT what's happened in America, NOT what the current issues are in AmeriKa

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

taxmageddon.png
And it is primarily the fault of the central government that is owned by the top 1%....yet you want this same government to have more power and control....CRAZY!

YOUR libertarian myths and fairy tales huh? lol

Which mindset want campaign finance reform? Which mindset wants to weaken regulations? Which mindset wants to go back to HIGH marginal tax rates on the 'job creators, and which fights tooth and nail for them?
It is not about libertarians, it is about the ideology that rules the day. Progressivism. As such, a consequence of progressive policies is the income inequality you rail against, while believing ever greater progressive policies will make things more fair. Most illogical.

On the one hand, I sure do enjoy having a military, roads to drive on, fire protection, public education and clean water to drink and bathe in. On the other hand, I'd like some money left over after paying my bills each month to buy a few sundries, maybe a new pair of underwear and a random drive in the country or a new appliance once in a blue moon..

But that's NOT what's happened in America, NOT what the current issues are in AmeriKa

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

taxmageddon.png
And it is primarily the fault of the central government that is owned by the top 1%....yet you want this same government to have more power and control....CRAZY!

Which mindset want campaign finance reform? Which mindset wants to weaken regulations? Which mindset wants to go back to HIGH marginal tax rates on the 'job creators, and which fights tooth and nail for them?
It is not about libertarians, it is about the ideology that rules the day. Progressivism. As such, a consequence of progressive policies is the income inequality you rail against, while believing ever greater progressive policies will make things more fair. Most illogical.

"It is not about libertarians, it is about the ideology that rules the day. Progressivism."

SURE IT IS BUBBA

taxmageddon.png

Non-Partisan Congressional Tax Report Debunks Core Conservative Economic Theory

The conclusion?

Lowering the tax rates on the wealthy and top earners in America do not appear to have any impact on the nation’s economic growth.

This paragraph from the report says it all—

“The reduction in the top tax rates appears to be uncorrelated with saving, investment and productivity growth. The top tax rates appear to have little or no relation to the size of the economic pie. However, the top tax rate reductions appear to be associated with the increasing concentration of income at the top of the income distribution.”

Non-Partisan Congressional Tax Report Debunks Core Conservative Economic Theory-GOP Suppresses Study - Forbes

America’s Rich: Poor Have It Easy

http://inequality.org/americas-rich-poor-easy/

America’s most typical adults would be three-times richer if the United States distributed wealth as equally as France does

http://inequality.org/putting-pricetag-inequality/

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

The problem with the conservative movement in America is that it is based on bigotry, hatred, and, greed. Above all, greed. Money is their god. They worship money and the holders of it and despise those who don't have it.

I love how the OP fails to tell the really story, you know how pissed off Henry was when his employees started showing up in new chevys? He fired them

Soooooo, Target is losing money in this current market, had a major hacking breach and lost thousands of customers because of it, expanded too rapidly into the Canadian market and is losing money big time there and they need to close stores....... And it's only because the rich want to screw over the poor....... Tell me again which business school you went to.......

:cuckoo:
The school of not fact checking. Target has closed 12 stores not 11. The same number they opened last year. They opened the same number of stores in more profitable locations like any oh business would. And they have 10 new locations opening in Ohio, California, New Jersey, and . Massachusetts this year.
The school of not fact checking is the one you obviously went to sooooooo, opening new stores in profitable locations offsets all monetary losses even the cost of conducting market analysis, purchasing land, building new stores, hiring and firing employees.........? Merchandise contracts, supply contracts, legal fees oh and one more minor hic-up they had.......,

Analyst sees Target data breach costs topping $1 billion

Analyst sees Target data breach costs topping 1 billion - TwinCities.com
Derp I made no comment on their overall financial status. Your post is a waste of bandwidth.
Well Sputz then maybe you should be more clear next time what you're intending, as for a waste of bandwidth....... look no further than here:
'Politico'

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

taxmageddon.png

"It is not about libertarians, it is about the ideology that rules the day. Progressivism."

SURE IT IS BUBBA

taxmageddon.png

The conclusion?

Lowering the tax rates on the wealthy and top earners in America do not appear to have any impact on the nation’s economic growth.

“The reduction in the top tax rates appears to be uncorrelated with saving, investment and productivity growth. The top tax rates appear to have little or no relation to the size of the economic pie. However, the top tax rate reductions appear to be associated with the increasing concentration of income at the top of the income distribution.”

Non-Partisan Congressional Tax Report Debunks Core Conservative Economic Theory-GOP Suppresses Study - Forbes

America’s most typical adults would be three-times richer if the United States distributed wealth as equally as France does

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

The problem with the conservative movement in America is that it is based on bigotry, hatred, and, greed. Above all, greed. Money is their god. They worship money and the holders of it and despise those who don't have it.
Let's see...D's have controlled most if all of government over the past few decades, the Rs who had some control primarily pushed progressive ideas too...or did nothing to stop them....yet you think conservatives are responsible for wealth inequality. How can one be so blind to the truth?

Let's see...D's have controlled most if all of government over the past few decades, the Rs who had some control primarily pushed progressive ideas too...or did nothing to stop them....yet you think conservatives are responsible for wealth inequality. How can one be so blind to the truth?

The fault lies mainly in Reagan's "Trickle Down Economics" where he (and the rest of the republican party thereafter, made worse by democratic mismanagement of public funds too and NAFTA..a Clinton bungle on domestic labor) made the mistake of factoring morality. His assumption was that a moral 1% would find ways to trickle down the wealthy to the lower classes of the country. All that happened instead was the most wealthy figuring out more and more clever ways of hoarding wealth. Our close genetic cousin, the rat, bubbles its DNA to the surface apparently when money is involved.

So Trickle-Down Economics means instead "slash jobs, cut benefits and do whatever you need to in order to keep increasing your personal immediate-term profits". The trickle is as impressive as the Colorado River as it reaches the Sea of Cortez.

The fault lies mainly in Reagan's "Trickle Down Economics" where he (and the rest of the republican party thereafter, made worse by democratic mismanagement of public funds too and NAFTA..a Clinton bungle on domestic labor) made the mistake of factoring morality. His assumption was that a moral 1% would find ways to trickle down the wealthy to the lower classes of the country. All that happened instead was the most wealthy figuring out more and more clever ways of hoarding wealth. Our close genetic cousin, the rat, bubbles its DNA to the surface apparently when money is involved.

So Trickle-Down Economics means instead "slash jobs, cut benefits and do whatever you need to in order to keep increasing your personal immediate-term profits". The trickle is as impressive as the Colorado River as it reaches the Sea of Cortez.
You partisan types are always blind to reality...and easily duped by the power elite.

Income inequality must be blamed on both political parties and the elites who own them.

And besides, income inequality has risen more rapidly under your Messiah than in prior years.

Again....this is a consequence of an out of control unlimited HUGE central government...who does the bidding of the top 1%.

Thought experiment:
If the central government were small and extremely limited, would the top 1% have as much influence, power, and wealth as they do today?

Last edited:
You partisan types are always blind to reality...and easily duped by the power elite.

Income inequality must be blamed on both political parties and the elites who own them.

You will note that I said not just Reagan's Trickle-Down bullcrap is to blame, but also Clinton's job-killing NAFTA. Please read all of people's posts before you respond...Saves egg on your face that way..

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

taxmageddon.png

SURE IT IS BUBBA

taxmageddon.png

The conclusion?

GOV'T POLICY MATTERS !!!

Got it,. PREZ'S POLICY ONLY MATTERS IF THINGS GO YOUR WAY, when they don't it's 'Gov't'

hint, there a strong correlation with low tax rates and the amount of the pie the top 1% take!

ONCE MORE:

The conclusion?

Yes, and as they sit on the hoarded wealth, none of it trickles down to the people who consume and buy their products. Ergo, their sales are dropping.

Simple elementary school mathematics would solve their dilemma; that and a little heresy in their religion of the holy trinity of malignant capitalism: self/myopia/greed.

I'll give Target some props, it's slightly less of a shitehole than Walmart is. Definitely a better shopping experience. If i have to choose, i choose to shop at Target over Walmart. I mean the dirty stinky mongoloid mess at Walmart can be an unbearable shopping experience. I avoid it at all cost.

But that being said, Target has made some very bad business decisions in recent years. And it is still being crushed by Walmart. Store closures and cutbacks happen when a company makes bad business decisions. It is what it is.

I'll give Target some props, it's slightly less of a shitehole than Walmart is. Definitely a better shopping experience. If i have to choose, i choose to shop at Target over Walmart. I mean the dirty stinky mongoloid mess at Walmart can be an unbearable shopping experience. I avoid it at all cost.

But that being said, Target has made some very bad business decisions in recent years. And it is still being crushed by Walmart. Store closures and cutbacks happen when a company makes bad business decisions. It is what it is.
True story... a friend I know recently reported to me that she almost had a panic attack in Wallmart when she stopped there to buy a product she was having trouble finding elsewhere..and it was conveniently nearby. She said the atmosphere in Wallmart was that of just depression. Depressed workers trying to seem cheerful making wages they cannot pay their bills with, scanning over cheap goods universally not made in America. There were negleted babies screaming in carts, ignored by burned out overworked poor mothers, couples bickering over which goods they could and could not afford that month.

She said she almost passed out.

My experience at Target was better than hers. Though, when it comes to feng shui, Target needs a little help. You want to relax when shopping, right? Brings in the customers. But when you walk in Target everthing is FIRE ENGINE RED!! and there are huge BULLSEYES everywhere on posters and their logo with a BIG BULL TERRIER staring you down every aisle. With the terrorism alerts nowadays...the word "Target" even is unfortunate. The "decor" is completed by low hanging ceilings with dismal flourescent lighting.. Your whole subconscious is telling you "RUN!" :scared1:

Forum List

Back